What if Megatron transformed into a more modern gun...

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by DaggersRage, Feb 9, 2007.

1. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

Just an idea I thought of. I cant remember what kind of pistol Megatron was, either a Luger or a Walter PPK but if you had a choise of what fire Megatron would transform into, what would it be?

Sure, we can pick any gun, but there's gotta be a firearm that speaks for Megatron's ego and personality. Be kinda weak if he transformed into a .22 Derringer wouldnt it?

My vote goes for the Desert Eagle .50. Large handgun and packs a big punch, also screams out "firepower" which is what the siliver villan seems to prefer.

That or an M95 Barrate 50 cal sniper rifle, if Megatron wanted to be a sniper rifle.

2. trebleshot

trebleshot www.Toyark.com Veteran

News Credits:
    G1 Megs was a Walther P38, U.N.C.L.E. Type (with stock, scope and silencer attached).

I'd settle for him turning into a .9 mm, don't really care what the make is. Desert Eagles seem overused and overrated to me. I mean they're everywhere in the media these days.

EDIT: On further thought, I believe it's technically a barrel extention, not a silencer. But the gun gurus can correct me if this is off.

3. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

News Credits:
    yeah, but I think the reason that the desert eagle is in the media is because it's A HUGE FREAKING GUN!!! I mean seriously, a giant 50 caliber gun sounds right up megatron's alley. gets my vote.

4. DaggersRage

Yeah its a barrel extension, silencers are much thicker. That or its a flash suppressor.

5. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

If he was gonna transform into a gun (and as much I dig G1 Megs for nostalgia, it just doesn't work for me), I'd want to be something that represents his power in alt-mode. So basically all pistols or anything else hand-held is out for me--even the biggest Snake Pliskin-looking handcannon is pretty weak compared to a massive artillery piece.

But indirect fire just isn't Megs to me. So I'd want something direct, but everything modern that is direct fire is mobile, and I kinda like him being static--he doesn't have to chase his prey, because he has so much firepower he can destroy it wherever he or it is. I really dug his HoS alt-mode for these reasons.

In the end, I'd be happy with a tec-version of the HoS cannon. Something with modern stylings (maybe looking similar but not identical to any howitzers used today) that could be actually be in development at Area 51 right now--just a massive, towed, direct weapons system. Don't care if it shoots lazers or shells or whatever.

6. 9.8m/s^2

9.8m/s^2 What's in a name?

I believe he's a Walther P99 in the IDW series, which is a nice homage to his original P38 form. The P99 also happens to be James Bond's new gun of choice; it's a pretty cool looking weapon, and totally appropriate for Megs, IMHO.

7. bandron

bandron seeker jets' nightmare

Ebay:
    I vote for a departure from handgun and give him an upgrade to a Barret light.50. It has the rep of massive destruction and is feared in most combat settings. That and come on, Megs would love the boom.

8. trebleshot

trebleshot www.Toyark.com Veteran

News Credits:
    I definitely agree. I never really liked the idea that he needed help in his alt mode. Someone always had to hold him, point and fire. Also, what kind of logic says that his hand gun mode is more powerful than his robot mode fusion cannon? If anything, I'm surprised that Megs would ever bother transforming in the first place. I would think it'd be a matter of pride.

Having said that, if Megs had to be a hand cannon of some kind, I'd still prefer the 9mm.

9. Caterwaul

Caterwaul Busou Shinki Loremaster

Anything BUT a Desert Eagle. Never has a gun been beloved so much just for its barrel size. :rolleyes2 

If he has to be a gun, make it a commonly useful one, and one big enough that they can realistically build one without card wafer thin legs.

10. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

If we stuck with the gun, a Desert Eagle is wicked looking, and would be good for an alt-mode. But yeah, it's overrated. And I just don't like 9mm pistols in general, but they'd also be nice and solid for an alt-mode. Maybe a M1911A1 as a compromise? Tried and true, solid, powerful.

I don't think revolvers would work 'cause of the general design. And rifles have a sneaky, distance killing aspect. They get you with precision, not massive impact--even the Barrett has a large round mostly to increase the distance it travels wth accuracy, not hit harder (although it definitely does). I don't know much about German rifles, but some of those SKS and HP types look vicious and are more close-range--maybe that one from the Stargate TV show?

11. RandomFerret

RandomFerret Fuzzy Forever

News Credits:
    I don't like the idea of a howitzer megs. GALVATRON's the howitzer.

How about a magnum?

[​IMG]

12. DaggersRage

The automatics in Stargate, the P90? Dunno if that gun would really express a "Megatron" style. It's a submachine gun that fires 5.7mm rounds, not quite as large as a 9mm (bigger bullets = bigger impact) but the unique thing from the P90 to other submachine guns is it's armor penatration cability due to the 5.7mm rounds design. Bullets may be smaller but it's penatration value is higher.

OH!!! I just got an idea, this goes a bit futureistic here, but theres a weapons system called "Metal Storm" basicly its a weapons fireing system that can fire projectiles at a much faster rate that most modern firearms, without a single moving part! Here's a picture thats an example of what a Metal Store system looks like.

http://www.weaponsblog.org/images/m_storm.jpg

Think that might fit?

13. Caterwaul

Caterwaul Busou Shinki Loremaster

If they didnt cancel it, I'd say the XM-8. That transformed to a degree as is. :) 

14. KillBot

KillBot Well-Known Member

My vote would be for the HK Socom.

15. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I dunno. The Desert Eagle carries some patriotic weight with it, IMO, and I don't think it quite fits Meg's personality.

16. Rhinox

Rhinox We bring surreal to life

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Megatron needs to be a Metalstorm system!

17. Sideways

Sideways Banned

i think it would be cool to see him turn into a rail gun.

18. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Potato gun, so he can effectively fight Optimash Prime.

19. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Why not a shotgun?

i love the bullpup style combat shotguns.
    read on wikipedia a while back that our military is working on a combat shotgun (automatic, no less) that the ammo drum can also be used as an antipersonnel mine (booby trapped ammo drum).

I like the old 70s 357 magnum robot -think it was called Highwayman.
    but,why can't you compromise? a desert eagle looks like a 1911....

just a thought

20. icanfly

icanfly Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Personally I think he should be a high powered close-combat handgun or shotgun as opposed to an automatic rifle or a sniper. Megs would want to be in close for the kill, not sitting on a hill a mile away lining Op's up. Gotta get his hands dirty so to speak. Automatic rifles just dont seem to fit his character either

JL