what if joes and bots combined to make the perfect foot?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by UltraMarcus28, Nov 17, 2009.

1. UltraMarcus28

UltraMarcus28 Maximal

News Credits:
    the joes have superb ankles as far as up and down, but the trend with transformers is the lateral movement on the ankle. why cant every toy follow the guidanace of classics hound? (and i dont mean stupid ball joints)

2. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Probably because that foot has to either fold up and hide as the rest of the leg merges into a car-form, or become part of that car form. So there's limitations on size and articulation from a design perspective.

There are good foot designs and crummy foot designs, but its not nearly as easy as just saying "GI Joes, which do not transform, have a more posable foot than Transformers, which do. Every Transformer should just use a joe foot."

Also, in the vast majority of cases the TF feet have to support a lot more weight.

3. MECHADOOM

MECHADOOM I'm Doombot and I know it

I often find myself wondering why the designers forget/leave out articulation/details in a figure. Certain things can and should always be present in ALL Transformers, like wrist/forearm, bicep, thigh and waist rotation, proper detailing of fingers(the fist doesn't have to open, but I want it to look like a robot fist, and not whatever Classics Prime's gun hole stubby thing was), and a ball-jointed neck so the character can look up. More often than not it's the electronics in a figure that removes waist rotation, but not always.