What if its all our fault?

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Kickback, May 14, 2009.

1. Vexza

Vexza Nerdicon

I blame CN for messing with the first two seasons.

And, consequently, any fans that complained to Hasbro about it.

2. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Bottom line - it's all Michael Bay's fault.

3. Z.U.D.O.N

Z.U.D.O.N Camshaft's Master

Yes, I really agree. To be frank, Animated could have done quite well IF the Movie hadn't come out at around the same time. And now that ROTF is coming out when the probably final season of Animated is out, there's gonna be serious competition, or probably no competition at all depending on how the movie turns out.

And yes, as asderiphel mentioned Season 1 could've been better to make it more captivating. Perhaps it was the "slow-and-steady" and "reveal small bits one by one" plan which led to a very exciting Season 3. Try to put bits of Season 3 into the end of Season 1 and Season 2. Somehow it won't add up that nicely. So I think in some ways this was a good move. :) 

I like the way you put it. :D  I only own 1 Animated figure at the moment (Blazing Lockdown), but I still support Animated, even though I like the Movie too. Right now when Animated is getting good is the time we should step up and support it. That's what I believe. :) 

4. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

No, no it was not our fault. Cartoon Network has a history of axing shows where they're not seeing enough of the profits from merchandise. On top of that, they relegated TF animated to very limited airtime with one of the worst syndication timeslots (6 am weekdays? Yea, that's a dead slot) and provided little to no support for the show. Combine that with the movie coming out soon, which was always going to cause Animated to go on hiatus at the least, and the fact that Hasbro is trying to start up it's own kids network and you have a recipe for the end of Animated.

And on top of that, the show wasn't even going to be three seasons originally, the third season was done due to a combination of strong performances in ratings and toy-sales and massive fan requests. Of the "10%" of Hasbro's sales that the fans make up, I can assure you that they weren't responsible for "killing" Animated. It had a target on it's head as soon as it made a deal with Cartoon Network, especially with the live action movie only a year or so away. If anything, it was the strong fan support that kept this series afloat for as long as it's been.

5. The Madness

The Madness News Credits: -13

News Credits:
    Hypothetically, if it were the case, it would probably help to further contrast the fan base between those who choose to walk on egg-shells and over analyze their opinions, and those who feel they must wage the war of influence to shape the property to how they see fit.

Most conflict in the community seems to stem from the perceived threat that someone else's differing opinion may somehow be influential to the property.

Personally, I think any influence the fans may be likened to a cut of straw. Sure, we could potentially break the camel's back, but we certainly aren't the sole influence, and wouldn't be the first.

6. swarlock

swarlock Autobot Supporter

10% is an exaggeration at best.

More like 6% to me.

Unfortunately Hasbro is paying far too much attention to the younger part of this fandom
    because youth spends money in their minds when it's really THE PARENTS who purchase the toys for them.

Speaking for myself and others who like it I'd rather see Animated then The Movie Franchise.

Infinite diversity and infinite combination is the best we can hope for.

7. swarlock

swarlock Autobot Supporter

Bingo!

8. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

Parents buy because the kids beg and want. While they're not directly paying for it, it is the kids who are obtaining the larger part of Transformers merchandise.

9. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    I serious doubt fans complaining killed it, i think its a combinationof the recession affecting toy sales and that drop in profits affecting CN's thinking, and that plus CN's normal favoring of its one shows above all else lead to the craptasic time slot for reruns which is likely to have further affected toys sales and may have been the final dagger in Animated's back

the way i see the recession and CN's misinterpratation of the sales data, as poor show performance killed it ( and personally i think those corny human villians didn't help either)

10. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    Bay made it more popular. Blame Animated itself.

11. Kickback

Kickback @GeekWithChris Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Geesh. I make a hypothetical thread, just for the sheer curiousity behind how people will post about it, and people are somehow thinking less of me?

Get over yourselves, damn.

12. Zherbus

Zherbus In Shogo Hasui, we trust.

News Credits:
    I'll tell you who it was, it was that damned Sasquatch!

13. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm one of the handful of people that REALLY REALLY liked Animated up front... heck, I wrote the news report for the Hasbro Animated panel from Botcon 2007 HERE - it's actually fun to go back and read... and you can almost sense how excited I was about TFA. But when I finally saw the toys, my interest in Animated pretty much disappeared.

Would I ever approach someone in an official role and suggest they were on the wrong track and what they had come up with sucked? Good grief, no. First, I look at the brand positively, and can always find something to like, and second, I'll never understand the decision to try to undermine what someone else is enjoying. But I did vote no to TFA with my wallet, as did several other large-volume-buying collectors I know - if that pattern holds true across a wider spectrum of people, I suppose it could have had an impact from that perspective.

14. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    It would go against a lot of the conventional wisdom out there.

15. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    I don't think less of you, you maybe a tad heavy handedon thread closings but your good at your job as an administrator and a fine person in my experiance

16. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Wow.
    Combatting 1 type of nerd rage with another.

Wow.

17. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Nobody defeats the DEVASTATOR!

I don't think so. I think it's a combination of the new movie and the current economy. I really like Animated. Best show since RID. I have missed almost all of season 3 unfortunatly. I Do hope they release it on DVD for me to see.

18. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Your opinion means less than nothing to me, and never will. You may as well stop trying to troll me before you even start.

19. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    The only people I blame are Hasbro and Cartoon Network. I blame Hasbro for ever TEAMING UP with CN, and I blame CN because when they make a show, they promote it until the next big thing comes along and pushes it to the side.

20. MoonRacer Prime

MoonRacer Prime Fembot fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I loved animated from day one. But it think we all were a little shocked at that first poster that was leaked on the internet. I buy all the toys and constantly say how much I love the line. It`s the first transformers show that expands female characters as well as males. Arcee is interesting because she is well written not because she is pink. Also not every transformers series is going to appeal to ever person.