What if its all our fault?

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Kickback, May 14, 2009.

1. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Hypothetically speaking.

What if at BotCon 2008, enough people complained verbally about Animated to various Hasbro people that upper management caught wind and decided that "Hey, Animated isn't popular with the 10% of our profit margin, but the movie made us a TON of money across the board, maybe we should stick to that"?

What if Animated ending is actually the fault of the very fandom that is now crying out that the series and toyline is coming to an end?

Just ... what if?

2. Beastbot X

Beastbot X The Toad Knows.

News Credits:
    Well, I didn't complain, so it's not MY fault.

So there. ;) 

Honestly though I think the kids are what made it rise or fall, not us.

3. Scythe

Scythe Future Foundation

News Credits:
    I'm sensing the urge to slit-wrists in the future by many avid watchers. I don't think it's our fault, since Animated boosted in popularity and so on. It wasn't as big as the movie, but whatever Hasbro chooses to do with Animated is fine with me.

4. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Neither did I :p 

But what if those guys, you know, the ones that post in the News forum and TFGD, what if they decided to be the "Geewun" fanboys that people whisper about, and walk up to the heads of Hasbro and tell them how much they hate Animated, how it totally makes them feel like Transformers took a step backwards, etc.

What if more people that hate Animated talked to Hasbro than those of us who actually loved the series?

We can't kid ourselves ... how many of us became "Fans of Animated" after the "Transwarped" episodes hit? I'd dare say more than half of everyone who posts in this forum now, because this forum was nearly dead until Season 3 hit (and while I realize that's because new = new stuff to talk about, even when Season 1 and 2 aired, this forum wasn't that huge or lively). Now this place is one of the busiest forums besides News and Movie.

What if the vocal parts of our fandom actually bitched loud enough that a big enough bug was put in Hasbro Management's ear that they decided that Animated was a nice filler but the future is MOVIEMOVIEMOVIE?

5. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:
    It could partially be my fault. I enjoy the cartoon well enough, but the only toys i bought are Swindle and Bulkhead.

On clearance.

6. Scythe

Scythe Future Foundation

News Credits:
    Where were these G1 fanboys when Cybertron and Energon was airing?!?!

7. DaraRex2.0

DaraRex2.0 I'd totally eat the leaf

*loads shot gun* Where are these Geewhiners? I'll take care of them for a Leader Bulkhead and activators Skywarp. Final offer, grab or go

8. Scythe

Scythe Future Foundation

News Credits:
    I thought we did get a Leader Bulkhead.

9. DaraRex2.0

DaraRex2.0 I'd totally eat the leaf

I didn't :cry 

10. Scythe

Scythe Future Foundation

News Credits:
    Ohhhh, then what's with the Activators Skywarp? That one isn't even real.

11. Saneman

Saneman The Grand Lunatic

What are you, kidding! Crappy animation, mindless plot. Hell those gods were having continuous Orgasm!

12. Harbinger

Harbinger ecnayonnA

what a horrible thought Kickback, i just hope there is no grain of truth to it.

13. HiKaizer

HiKaizer Plot Botherer

Personally if anyone in Hasbro was so easily convinced then they've got pretty bad business sense. For starters you're basically looking at only the American population and that's a somewhat selfish argument to make; there are just as many, if not more, people overseas who like and dislike Animated.

Secondly I think it's a somewhat rhetorical argument to make in the Animated forum. :p 

14. Scythe

Scythe Future Foundation

News Credits:
    That whole saga confused me, and made my head hurt.

15. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    That's because plotwise it was pretty much drivel from start to finish, with a few minor bright spots.
    As for Animated, all it would prove to me is that empty vessels make the loudest noise.
    And that whiny nerds should shut the fuck up and stop spoiling it for others. I've been fairly quiet on other people's opinions of animated, but should this actually be the case, I will relish not holding back on these people. I doubt I'm anywhere near the only one either.

16. Scythe

Scythe Future Foundation

News Credits:
    I do the same thing. I dislike Cybertron/Energon, but I respect opinions. I'm not big on bashing shit just cuz I don't like it.

17. red00wolf

red00wolf insatiable collector

Is this a joke thread? I would not have expected a question like this from a admin.

as for the question..well.. no.

18. turbovf1s

turbovf1s Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    i like animted...anybody consider the economy in this equation?

19. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

I am pretty sure what it is and mark my words Hasbro felt they missed sales because of having two competing two lines out. That being Animated and Movie.

So Hasbro has said they want to focus on their strengths of which they obviously think the movie was one of them. Hell even I bought the first movie figures but now they expect to outsell the first movie with animated cleared out of which I think they are being way to optimistic.

I think they are going to get a sharp realization when the find ROTF does not out sell the first movie and by alot. Top reasons are easy.

1.) people in general not nearly as excited the second time round, whether you love it or hate it the movie verse the second time round is really only going to pull in the rabid fan who collects blindly. Then there are those who like the movie but cant justify buying the entire line "again" and probably get a few molds. Then there are those who felt ripped off by the first movie that will not be participating this time around.

2.) Overall economic issues will have its effect but in the face of toy buying I find this is only affects so much. Gifts like these tend only be affect by economy on things over 25 dollars US.

3.) My last point kinda is part of comment 1 but really isnt. The initial hype of the first movie literally pulled in every fan new and old afterall it was a transformers movie and being done by ILM. That alone was enough to send all fans into a toy buying frenzy. I dont see it this time around now we know what we are getting and the movie was pretty weak IMO there just is no where near the excitement for part 2 as was part 1. I think this is what Hasbro isnt seeing they think its going to be a slam dunk sales machine based on the last movies numbers. It will be interesting to see how this plays out. I think we will see animated again once hasbro realizes they just cut loose a pretty stable money maker.

On the topic of G1 fans killing animated. ARE YOU KIDDING ME lol They are the ones who are helping animated. Animated is more liked by any G1 fan than the movie so that would not make sense in that case. Animated is like a trip down memory lane for G1 fans while being only slightly rebooted. Im telling ya the whole reason why animated is going buh bye is because of the frakkin movie folk

20. CarafelliusMaximus

CarafelliusMaximus G1 Junkie

I don't think the fans complaining killed it. If that were true, then the second movie would have never existed.