What if IDW did G1 cartoon comics?

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by briag45, Jun 3, 2014.

1. Altered Prime

Altered Prime Well-Known Member

in my opinion it would not have fit as an "official continuation'.
    to much would need to have been re-written for it to fit.

2. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

Things were going to have to be re-written regardless. The cartoon wasn't the pinnacle of the continuity after all. But if you want an idea of how such things like Season 2 bots arrived on Earth, the building of Autobot City/Metroplex, then DW's G1 offered the best explanation we've - probably will ever - receive.

3. transtrekkie

transtrekkie On the level.

Y'know, I can't help thinking that the reason why there are so many threads about redoing the old cartoon is because the cartoons since have all been so much better and we just want to see that particular iteration given a decent version without all the animation errors and plot holes. I would love to see a cleaned up version of it, and if it was in comic form, then hey, works for me.

Also, what was the Re-G1 mess? I read it and didn't see anything wrong with it.

4. Altered Prime

Altered Prime Well-Known Member

As you said,the toon may not have been the pinnacle of the continuity, but any needed re-writes wouldn't have been very big.Noting that I'm aware of would have had to been not have been completely changed.
    If you can think of any please inform me.
    Even the Constructticon origins would only need a lite touch up.On the other hand, to fit Dreamwave and the toon together you would need to completely re-write every season 2 episode, or re-write both DW minis Prime Firective

And even Dreamwave had continuity issues.Red Alert for example, was seen active on earth during the first miniseries. but then was always on cybertron in the 2nd series.Then if you add the Dreamwave novels in the mix, as they originally intended, you get continuity problems with Shockave.

5. donxavier

donxavier Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instead of bringing the G1 episodes to the comic medium, they could craft new stories set in the G1 universe using the characters that we know and introduce new characters that Hasbro might turn into toys to further stoke the G1 nostalgia fervor. They could use this new series to tell more substantive stories and really get into the meat, or metal, of the G1 cast. However, I doubt Hasbro would give them enough creative free reign to make it worthwhile for IDW.