What if G1 Movie and season 3 of G1 took place in ACTUAL 2005

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by SaberPrime, Aug 17, 2017.

1. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Well-Known Member

What I mean by actual 2005 is that the fictional G1 version of 2005 had technology that's far more advanced even than anything we have now.

I think we could also include the likes of Headmasters, Masterforce, Victory, and Zone which also would have taken place in the future. I'm not sure exactly how far into the future the Japanese stuff was except Headmasters I think was around 2006-2007.

Many of the movie and season 3 cast had futuristic sci-fi alt modes that was basically the 80's idea of what 2005 Earth vehicles would look like. But what would they look like if their vehicle modes were taken from actual 2005.

Also just for the hell of it, because it seems weird for everyone to have vehicle modes from the same year and for some reason no one from season 1 or 2 thought to update their alt modes in the 21 years they were on Earth... or rather that they were AWAKE on Earth. The thousands years they were in stasis on the Ark don't count.

Also oddly Ultra Magnus wasn't introduced till the movie and for some reason scanned a 21 year old car carrier. So maybe some characters just like older vehicles. Though I highly doubt that EVERYONE would choose to stay in such dated alternate modes for so long.

So what would the Transformers look like if they were in actual 2005? Alt modes should be the same type of vehicle that they were before meaning Hot Rod still has to be a hot rod, Rodimus Prime still has to be an RV, Arcee still has to be a convertible, Kup still has to be a pick up truck, ect. but you're only allowed to change from their futuristic 80's sci-fi looks to something which would of actually been seen in the real world in 2005. The vehicle modes can be older. I think it should depend on the character.

Kup I think because he's one of the oldest Autobots would probably transform into something even older than 2004. I can't really picture him transforming into a brand new 2005 pick-up of any kind. It would make him look far too young to transform into such a new vehicle.

Hot Rod, Bumblebee, Tracks, Arcee, Springer, those younger characters I would imagine wanting to stay with the current times and transform into the newest thing. With that said...

Bumblebee
    [​IMG]

Not sure if Hasbro could actually do that but if G1 Bumblebee existed in actual 2005 I could totally picture him taking that as his alt mode. There are newer versions of the Pikachu VW but I think the first one pictured here was 2004 or 2005.

Goldbug
    [​IMG]

Tracks
    [​IMG]

Springer
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Have no idea how that transformation would work. It's so much easier to do Springer when he doesn't have to look like real vehicles.

Hot Rod
    [​IMG]

Picture that with his flames painted on the hood and that's actually pretty damn close to his actual vehicle mode. Kinda lost the spoiler in the back. You could put one on but it still wouldn't quite look right when no spoiler is actually shaped the way to give him his proper look in robot mode.

Rodimus Prime
    [​IMG]

I actually did a search for 2005 hot rod with fifth wheel RV and this thing I think is the closest real life vehicle to an actual Rodimus Prime. Could use a different paint job to look more like him but that's easy to do.

Arcee
    [​IMG]

Kup
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  2. eltonlin98

eltonlin98 MPM-5, take MPM-3 down a peg or 2.

News Credits:
    Then they would have to drive to survive, but in 2005

(somebody please get the reference)

• Like Like x 2
  3. Galvatross

Galvatross Make it Mac Tonight! Veteran

Honestly, I don't think Springer's separate alt modes are the best matches for each other. All it would mean though is that we would see alt modes and technology not known or predicted in 1986. Some voice actors would have to be different, and the animation would also be different, too.

Given that there was no online fandom in 1986. I guarantee there would be a horde of enraged nerds complaining online about how the deaths of old characters, new characters, and changing of the status quo, "ruined Transformers FOREVER!"

4. Dropkick

Dropkick Worse aim than Misfire.

Google+:
    YouTube:
    YES!!!! I GET THAT REFERENCE!!!
    ACCELERACERS FOREVER!
    I actually would want Blurr to be Battle Spec, it just kinda fits.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Markdelg

Markdelg Well-Known Member

Did you see the first live-action Transformers movie? It took place in 2007. So that's a fairly accurate account of how TFTM and season 3 would have looked in 2005.

6. Rodimal Magnus

Rodimal Magnus A Touch of Destiny

I always figured the movie characters were just in their Cybertronian modes (with the exception of Magnus) because disguising themselves has human cars was no longer necessary.

• Like Like x 5
  7. Macross79

Macross79 Well-Known Member

Optimus would keep his Movie truck alt-mode

Prowl
    [​IMG]

Brawn
    [​IMG]

Hot Rod
    [​IMG]

Jazz
    [​IMG]

Ultra Magnus
    [​IMG]

Wheeljack
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  8. Metalwario64

Metalwario64 City Commander

I thought so too, but I thought it was because the Transformers had so much technology, and the Autobots helped to speed up the advancement of the humans' technology.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Altered Prime

Altered Prime Well-Known Member

I just want to point out that in G1 the characters didn't have the ability to just update themselfs at any given time

So it would've been very easy for the season one and two characters to just go about and get updates

10. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    Ditto. They would just have the same altmodes they allready had in the movie and season three.
    None of this updating means giving them boring realistic altmodes.
    Cybertronian altmodes is a big part of what makes these characters so cool.
    Giving them earth altmodes demeans them.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Altered Prime

The problem with that is that, with the exception of Blurr, none of them really looked like cybertronian alt modes

And it wasn't like they were disguising themselves solely from the humans but more so from the Decepticons so hiding as human vehicles would still be necessary

Last edited: Aug 18, 2017
  12. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    They never really did try to hide though.
    The Dinobots, Omega Supreme, Cosmos and others always stood out.
    But it's true most of them didn't look Cybertronian. But they sure looked a lot nicer than what we have on our roads today :p 

13. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking "Don't touch it! It's evil!"

News Credits:
    This. When you build a massive Autobot city on Earth, there's really no point left in hiding.

As for Ultra Magnus, I just thought he arrived much earlier than the rest to oversee the building of Autobot City, which would take years.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Altered Prime

True that

15. Altered Prime

I'll say it again the idea of alt modes was not for hiding from the humans

16. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    Yeah, but the decepticons probably would have to be blind to not find autobot city.

17. Altered Prime

Agreed

But without sounding rude we're not talking about the alt mode for autobotcity

So there's no reason to bring it up

18. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    With the autobots being stationed mostly in autobot city? Yes.

19. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Well-Known Member

I'm not talking about if the movie was made in 2005, just if it took place in a realistic depiction of 2005. Like there was a YouTube video of Back to the Future 2 in actual 2015. We're basically just trying to point out the differences in technology between the fictionalized predicted future as seen by people in the past and the actual real life time as seen by us now. You don't need to recast voice actors for that because they have nothing to do with the story that was being told. Sure Orsen Wells died back in 1986 right after the movie was made so he wouldn't be around in 2005 to voice Unicron but that's an entirely different subject. It has nothing to do with the story itself. We're only talking about the differences in the predicted 2005 vs. actual 2005. Orsen Wells is never mentioned as still being alive in the story so he's not relevant.

No, that's not accurate at all... For one thing it's two years in the future and most of the vehicles in that movie wouldn't exist because they came out in 2007. For another thing, it's an entirely different universe and most of the characters either don't exist at all or look nothing like their G1 counterparts. We're only talking about changing their vehicle modes from futuristic sci-fi to real 2005 not changing to entirely different vehicles and also changing the robot modes from solid looking robots to exposed junk piles. It's a completely different story, again, we're just talking about changing the vehicles up a bit not completely overhauling the G1 Continuity. Besides that they already met Sam/Spike in 1984 so why would they be meeting him again in 2007. How has he not aged at all in your idea of the G1 Movie/season 3 in actual 2005 which is really 2007 for some reason in your mind.

Technically disguising themselves as human cars was NEVER necessary because they openly exposed their robot modes to humans almost IMMEDIATELY in the first episode. They seem to have only taken Earth modes because they were being repaired on board the Ark and for some reason scanning new vehicle modes was part of Teletrans repair program. Though characters who weren't even on the Ark who come into the series later on still take Earth alt modes for no apparent reason as Humans already know they exist.

Yeah the whole robots in disguise thing wasn't done very well in G1 as they pretty much forgot that rule in the first five minutes. Hound even had a holographic driver which he used once... just to show Spike that he had a fake holographic driver and from that point on he went around driving on his own without that hologram because everyone knew about Transformers and no one ever thought there was anything weird about a jeep without a driver because they already knew it was Hound.

So considering the disguises were pretty much pointless from the get go why not continue the tradition of pointless disguises? If it were any other continuity I'd agree with you but this is G1 where Transformers for some reason forget that they're suppose to be in disguise faster than Dory forgets just about anything.

See above... also did they actually "build" a city on Earth. I always thought that was just Metroplex. I kinda just imagined they transformed a city from Cybertron into a robot/space ship, flew him to Earth, and then had him transform back into city mode. No building required... well on Earth at least. I'm sure he was built at some point just not necessarily on Earth.

20. Bass X0

Bass X0 King of Muay Thai

News Credits:
    He was around long before the movie. He didn't just come to earth in 2005.