What if for a Dark Matrix.

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Guardian_Prime, Apr 22, 2009.

1. Guardian_Prime

Guardian_Prime Autobot Leader

What would have happened in G1 if Unicron had created a "Dark Matrix" for the Decepticons?

2. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

Then the Quints in "5 Faces of Darkness" would have accadently been right about Decepticon Matrix.

3. Vexza

Vexza Nerdicon

Awesome. Finally the bad guys get a useful MacGuffin that ISN'T a weapon.

4. Shockscream

Shockscream Chairman of Nerd Day

News Credits:
    If it were opened during the events of the 1986 movie, it would probably have counteracted the events of the Autobot Matrix of Leadership and either reconstituted Unicron or simply sent the power of the Autobot Matrix pack into itself. As such, Unicron would most likely have decimated Cybertron and the Autobots and the Decepticons would still have had to team up in order the prevent the complete destruction of their planet.

5. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  6. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ...It would be a boring, pointless story.

But point of interest - the Matrix was not really "good" or "bad" in either the comic or cartoon; I think I can recall Scourge used it in the cartoon, and Thunderwing (in the comics) certainly got chummy with it!

7. Shockscream

Shockscream Chairman of Nerd Day

News Credits:
    Magnus' Mate is correct in that the Matrix is neither "good" nor "evil", it is merely the accumulated knoweldge of the Autobot leaders. I think, anyway.

8. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    The Matrix should've been reversible - orange on one side and purple on the other (I'm assuming it was orange just like the Autobot ships and stuff, whereas the Decepticons had those purple ships etc). Then depending on if you wanna use it for good or evil you just hold it one way 'round or the other. Or maybe it could just change colour between orange and purple depending on which side you were on. Would probably be naff really, but I'm sure a competent writer could find a decent reason for it.
    Personally I'm not much for both sides having their own version of mcguffins. I was kinda irked when Cybertron got a Primus robot mode to match Unicron being both planet and robot. I'd rather one side goes against the other using a different method than just having the same but opposite weapon or device or whatever. It's more creative than just two of the same going at it.

9. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

If there was a Dark Matrix... and someone like Galvatron wielded it... everything in this whole universe would have been slagged.

10. robo_rob

robo_rob Satan's Tow Truck

Wouldn't the Decepticon Matrix of Conquest (or whatever Shockarat had) fill this void? Or we not recognizing it for BW era?

11. Guardian_Prime

Guardian_Prime Autobot Leader

Does that mean, that there should not have been a Trypticon to Metroplex, or a Fort Max to Skorponok? Just curious.

12. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    On one hand they still bring the 'you have one and so do we' thing I sometimes don't like, but then since Scorponok and Trypticon have animal forms it can make for a more interesting battle between forms than just two humanoid robots going for it. After the Special Teams started showing up, when one team would combine you just knew the other side would call for theirs to combine too and then the battle continued not much differently, just with larger robots now. I much preferred when we just had Devastator as the big robot and the Autobots dealt with him in different ways or set the Dinobots on him.
    I suppose even though Fort Max and Scorponok or Metroplex and Trypticon are still similar match-ups, because they have more modes you can mix things up a bit more to stop things getting too samey.

13. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Sounds too much like the Dream Stone and the Nightmare Stone.

14. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

Would be interesting at least.