what if dinobots were in the bayformers

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by OptimusPrimer25, Aug 1, 2011.

1. thebruteslayer

thebruteslayer Banned

News Credits:
    I don't know, but that looks totally badass.

2. Megabattimus

Megabattimus Same As It Ever Was

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    :lolol  I was just about to post an image of old Mecha-Godzilla, otherwise known as Robot-Mcawesome. Anyways, Dinobots could most definitely work on film, it just depends on how they wanted to handle them. They could be robotic dinosaurs or they could be what UltraMagnus2008 suggested. As long as they kept to the core of the characters, they'd be fine.

3. MenasorMaster

MenasorMaster Stunticon Warrior

mechagodzilla is classical which makes him also quite cool.
    but nah i for movieverse i mean something different, be more like these...

or mayvbe this
    http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/050/b/0/cpa_33_dinobot_final_by_cyl1981-d39y3dj.jpg

that one is also cool:
    http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs27/i/2008/069/9/4/Grimlock_Movie_Concept_by_TheFour_WayCross.jpg

thats badass. i prefeer more alien like versions though, 100 % metalized dinos wouldnt be good, they should look a bit alien like.

there some other cool pics too but i dont find them atm.

4. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
  5. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    :bay 

Also Bayformer Skybyte while we're at it.

6. thebruteslayer

thebruteslayer Banned

News Credits:
    He could be the leader of an army of Sharkticons.

7. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 Barely active here

News Credits:
    I'm still on the band wagon of them been Triple Changes if they get in the films.
    Just so they have a disguise. Make them huge ass trucks, not like a Peterbilt, or Mack, or some construction one either. And make Swoop a Jet with the pterodactyl mode. It would look so amazing seeing him go from a jet to a pterodactyl, attacking other flying Cons, then change form again into robot mode and join up with Grimlock and Slag.

Two or three Dinobots is fine. Anymore is overdoing the excitement and gimmick.

8. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    Megatron and the decepticons would be even more screwed. The dinobots can probably take on that entire army themselves.

9. The Bucket Kitten

The Bucket Kitten Meow... TFW2005 Supporter

The bayverse Dinobots could had been triple changers.
    Bot mode, Vehicle mode, and Dinosaur mode.

10. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

I like Ultra Magnus' suggestions [the first one, mainly], that would be :bay  on the screen.

BUT, I, being an annoying asshole I usually am, still think robots transforming into dinossaurs wouldn't fly that well.
    I mean: Why the hell would they return to robot mode if they can stay as badass Godzillas all time?

11. The Bucket Kitten

The Bucket Kitten Meow... TFW2005 Supporter

Good point.

12. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Robot mode would allow for greater mobility. The humanoid form can perform tasks a saurian form can't. Different modes for different purposes, as always is in Transformers.

13. Chris B

Chris B Well-Known Member

With the right approach, I think the Dinobots could be pulled. I'd also support limiting their numbers to three: Grimlock, Slag, and Swoop. They should have their comics personas. The hard thing would just be trying to come up with an explanation of why they have dinosaur alt. modes. A variation of the comics approach of them arriving at some point in the past would work the best, IMO.

14. optimus124

optimus124 PSN ID - OPTIMUS124

Ebay:
    Those are some nice pics, I think they work with the movie aesthetic. However, why scan a dinosaur to replicate its outward structure if you are going to look like that? Kind of defeats the purpose of scanning them.

I am totally with you. If considered, it would have to be carefully done. I thought of this idea in my head a while back. Call them the Dyno-bots initially with more traditional modes (truck, jets, tanks, etc). They go into battle, get clobbered or somehow their alt mode is rendered useless. They scan something more "retro" and become the Dinobots. To me, the switch would be done towards the end of a movie at the end of a set of movies.

15. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

Valid point, but still seems a pretty weak explanation to me.

Another good explanation would be just make their "dinossaurs mode" a "battle-mode": Like when they charge into battle they make [minor] alterations in their physical structure to look like a dinossaur, instead of a full-blown transformation into a goddamn T-Rex, just tweak their robot mode so they can resemble a T-Rex.

Same principle of Optimus' jetfire combination: Just add some stuff.

16. optimus124

optimus124 PSN ID - OPTIMUS124

Ebay:
    Right. I think full blown dinosaurs just seems kinda . . . . silly. Besides standing the T-Rex is no more than 20 feet tall at the hip. Bumblebee is about 17ft in robot mode. They won't have the same looming beast effect in this lineup, since their size is diminished due to the "real world" numbers the movies go by.

17. triop

triop Active Member

There's already a dinobot in the movieverse

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The resemblance is uncanny between the concept art and the real thing

18. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It would be different....much different, I can tell you that right now

19. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    Regarding the "size" issue: Nothing says that they'd have to be "actual size". Have you seen any 12 foot scorpions? (And no, don't say "Well that Japanese Spider Crab has a 10 foot legspan!" There's a big difference in overall structure.) Yes, Ravage is approximately the size of a large panther and Laserbeak is the size of a very large condor, but there's no rule that states a 20 foot Tyrannosaurus couldn't be a 30 foot robot Tyrannosaurus. A 30 foot Tyrannosaurus robot could easily transform into a 35+ foot humanoid robot, dwarfing even Optimus.

As for the actual discussion at hand, I'm torn. As a big Transformers, dinosaurs and visual effects fan, I'd probably die from awesome overload if I ever saw them. I mean, come on! A giant robot Tyrannosaurus rampaging down the city street, blowing up Decepticons in ILM's super awesome VFX?!?!?! That right there is :bay , my friends.

However, with that being said, you'd have to do the concept right. Do it justice, make it real, plausible. A lot of good ideas have been suggested here.

Oh, and limit the cast. As much as I like all of the Dinobots, five might be overkill. Stick with three. With Grimlock and Swoop being essential. The other three, it doesn't matter.

20. Boy Blunder

Boy Blunder Terrorcon King

Or they could just make him a Giganotosaurus for the sake of scale, if people start getting anal-retentive about it :D  though I doubt anyone would be pedantic enough to make an issue of that, since by the time you reach Robot Dinosaur, it's all been sacrificed on the altar of Rule of Cool.