What if Cybertron was in our solar system?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by VBBN, Jul 28, 2010.

1. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

History in universe would need to be re-written. We Earthlings would've known about Cybertron for a few hundred years, but never tried to get there. The Cybertronians could've visited and left their artifacts here much easier, however, and affected the planet deeply. Eventually we'd catch on, and try to get probes to Cybertron. Eventually the probe gets there but is destroyed by the Decepticons, and we really start catching on that there is something out there that we shouldn't be sticking our nose in. Their war carries on to our planet, and our suspicions are reassured. Planet (insert name of god here), is actually inhabited by robots.

2. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

It's been proven in various Transformers fiction. that planet Cybertron is a extremly small planet. it's widely speculated that planet cybertron is the size of a moon.
    example: both megatron & galvatron tried to bring cybertron to earth. planet cybertron look the size of earth's moon.

I suspose it's plausable that planet cybertron being the size of a moon. is near pluto & surronded by all those asteroids near pluto. thus far it's impossible to get probe pics of every asteriod near pluto.

3. Gammatron 64

Gammatron 64 Well-Known Member

Depends on your continuity. In the 'toon, it was moon-sized. In the G1 marvel comic, it was Jupiter-sized. That's quite a difference.

4. seaprime1230

seaprime1230 Well-Known Member

it is very possible might not be in our solar system but in the whole universe it goes on forever so almost deffinatley

5. emilyhall205

emilyhall205 Well-Known Member

I think it would awesome! Highly unlikely...but awesome! But yeah it is possible, I mean even we haven't been able to explore all of space yet, and I doubt we will anytime in the near furure.

6. Boulder

Boulder Rock Lord

It's possible, yet highly unlikely. We've discovered a couple of planetoids past Pluto such as Xena (placeholder name). With alien radio signals, it might be confused for a pulsar though.

7. Geminii

Geminii Toyetic multiformophile

Summary: if it was in our solar system anywhere inside the Kuiper belt, we would have spotted it by now. If it was a lot further out, had a really dark surface, was still in the Great Shutdown (no light or radio signals), and was on a polar orbit (less gravitational interference) it might escape notice.

8. Black Oracle

Black Oracle Black Convoy's Dark Angel

News Credits:
    Listen to ourselves, asking the question: 'if it was in our solar system, why haven't we spotted it yet? We are assuming that our knowledge and instruments are complete and far-reaching enough to detect everything in the universe.

My opinion: there are always things out there that escape our attention and are still waiting to be discovered.

And I would think Cybertronian technology was advanced enough past ours to be able to avoid detection by us.

9. jgoss

jgoss transformers fan 4 life

great question it would be awesome if cybertron was in our solar system. just think optimus and the autobots would come down and introduce themselves. of course i hope they would especially before the decepticons.

10. Black Oracle

Black Oracle Black Convoy's Dark Angel

News Credits:
    For our planet and humanity's sake, perhpas it'd be best if Cybertronians never came to Earth. Let's just be content with the idea that Optimus Prime and the Autobots are somewhere out there successfully keeping their war from reaching Earth. :) 

11. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    Maybe they have a Megatron in their Labs :D 

12. Goatboy

Goatboy Well-Known Member

This thread reminded me of some thing I read recently.
    Planet X or Dark Star? | Interviews | Fortean Times
    Interesting theory even if it is tainted a bit by the 2010 = end of the world nonsense. Space is big, really freaking big. So another big body out there is possible it would just have to be "dark".

13. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    Cybertron would replace Pluto as the 9th planet too.

14. MaxLinden

MaxLinden Deceptipunk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I see Cybertron up in the sky... =-D
    Its the BIG BIG BIG star you see at night...
    x-DD

15. jgoss

jgoss transformers fan 4 life

how true black orcale but it is nice to dream.

16. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
    Too true, they would be able to cloak Cybertron from our puny technology :D 

17. Geminii

Geminii Toyetic multiformophile

No, just the nearby stuff. We can spot large planets out to a couple of light years now. We even found Dysnomia, which is only about a hundred km across and 68AU out in the Scattered Disc. Anything within the solar system is practically next door, in terms of current telescope technology. Not to mention that Cybertron's got a metal surface, which would make it very shiny and easily spottable in astronomical terms. Based on a Cybertron the size of Earth's moon, and with the increased albedo, it'd have to be about 400 times further out than Eris, or about 0.4 light years away, to be overlooked. That's about two and a third trillion miles. Still closer to our sun than any other star, but firmly in the Oort Cloud.

Only if it was being used. There aren't that many continuities where Cybertron as a whole is being cloaked.