what if cybertron had actually transformed in g1?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by GENOZAUR, Apr 22, 2012.

1. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    I don't like the idea of a transforming Cybertron and/or Primus. As a kid I often wondered how it would be, if Cybertron would transform when Unicron's head would have been bonded with it, so that he indeed has a new body.

But Cybertron a Transformer on its own? No.

2. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

im jsut using that asa comparison on the whole size scale matter is all

although to be honet the whole idea of cybertron transforminginto itsown planetformer robot mode towards the end of the movie was a idea originally considered way back in th time when the script storyline for the movie was being hashed out in rough draft form

The Secret of Cybertron - Transformers Wiki

i just thought i would use that youtube link for super tengen toppa gurren lagann as a model to work with in my attempt to flesh out how the whole idea of a transforming cybertron scene in the 80s animated movie could have played out in animation form back in the day

to have seen through the eyse of a 8 year old child that very kind of scene play out in a transformers movie would have been a wild ravenous fanboy dream come true for this fan back in the day

3. jackgaughan

jackgaughan Banned

News Credits:
    Made it more presentable.

4. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

sometimes , not all the time mind you but sometimes chris you really do crack me up lol

and no im not trooling with this remark mods

5. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    Gotta be honest, I thought it was going to be hentai tentacles when I saw that... thing... that it did. And I promptly shut it off.

6. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    Oh, and to demonstrate a point to Genozaur, why can't you get all of your ideas in one post?

7. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

what can i say

sometimes it works better for me to explore a idea like this in a slow drawn out manner instead of all at once

that and it also makes it easier for me to pull the wool over chris's eyes lol

i dont do this sort of thing to be troublesome or to be trollish i just do it for a simple harmless laugh just to see how the guy reacts and over reacts as i bounce a idea off fellow fans here

honestly though that chris cracks me up with the way he over reacts at times

i dont mean nothing harmful by it honestly

i jsut do it in harmless good fun sometimes just out of curiosityto be hoenst

as guys go off the net in real life i happen to be very much the harmless trickster and a slight bit of a prankster as well

to be honest theres some ideas and tropes in gurren lagann i think could actually be used to improve on transformers over time when it comes to the whole burning justice/fighting spirit angle

outside of transformers cybertron that matter has never really been explored in depth over time

8. Ryan F

Ryan F Transform and Roll Out!

News Credits:
    Transformers: The Movie was basically a Star Wars rip-off. Hot Rod was Luke Skywalker, the young scamp who matures into a true leader. Prime was like Obi-Wan, who dies and gives Hot-Rod a beyond-the-grave pep talk at the end. The Wheelie/Grimlock double-act was basically R2-D2/Chewbacca, the cute, kid-friendly bot quaring up against the tough, gruff hardass.

There are so many parallels, I can't be arsed to list any more, but suffice it to say that Unicron is basically a Death Star that transforms into a robot.

The fact that so many great writers and artists went on to embellish and expand the Unicron mythos doesn't take away from the fact that Unicron was, in the cartoon at least, a pretty lame idea. Escpecially when he can be killed so easily with the Matrix, like Achilles, Goliath etc.

What I like best about Transformers is the quality of the story, the epic scope, the interplay between the characters. Transforming planets, for me at least, just detracts from those core principles. Sure it looks cool, but once you get over the initial reaction (gee, a transforming planet!) there's not actually a whole lot you can do with it.

The Marvel G1 comics, which invented the concept of Primus in the first place, never saw fit to feature the character as anything other than a giant head, or in a flashback, or in a dream. They had the scope and ambition to do all kinds of stories, explore many weird and wonderful story arcs, and yet not once did they think - yeah, Cybertron transforms into a robot, that'll be cool.

9. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

primus is one created 13 oringial transformers

10. Ryan F

Ryan F Transform and Roll Out!

News Credits:
    Thanks for that.

11. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Member of the Scrappy Doo Fan Club

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram: