what if cybertron had actually transformed in g1?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by GENOZAUR, Apr 22, 2012.

1. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

question

what might the 80s animated movie have been liek and how might it have gone over with the fanbase at the time if cybertron had actually transformed during the final battle against unicron

think about that for a second

just my thoughts but i think it might have been something like this

that hundreds of possibly thousands of cybertronians be they autobot, decepticon, neutral, and non allied/unicron recreated being alike having banded together by the time of the final battle against unicron to stand together asa single united people and race as each of them individually and collectivly asa whole channel their very lifespark energy into cybertron itself actually bonding thier body and bieng to the planet itself

with the sum total of all that lifeforce energy fully awakening vector sigma and initiation its higher functions and at the very vector sigma/ plasma energy chambers stand galvatron hot rod and arecee as living components of a incredibly sophisticated transformation circuit as they each complete the circuit theirby transforming cybertron into its own planetary scale robot form and at the very head of all that collected life spark energy is non other then the lifespark of the dead optimus prime himself serving at the head of its collective core concionse

the fallen autobot leader himself being there fro his friends allies and his very people to lead at the head of thefinal charge into the ultimate battle against unicron itself

that would have been so over the top beyond the impossible awesome it would have been insane

2. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

I wouldn't have liked it. As it stands, I wasn't fond of Unicron in the first place, and I REALLY didn't like the idea of Cybertron secretly being Primus. Total jump the shark moment.

3. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

primus is cybertron and cybertron is primus
    with primus and transformers not be born

4. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Member of the Scrappy Doo Fan Club

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    If done right, it could have worked, but, I doubt that the cartoon would have done it in the same way as the comics. I think what we would have got would have been closer to "Cybertron".

5. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

If it happened in G1, Primus would like the way he did in Transformers the Ultimate Guide
    [​IMG]

6. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

Unless you go by the Quintesson origin

7. Megabattimus

Megabattimus Same As It Ever Was

News Credits:
    Uh, that just looks so puffy and Dreamwavy.

Anyways, I wouldn't have liked it if Primus transformed, unless there were extenuating circumstances that required him to do so.

8. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    That'd be interesting to say the least. Except the true what if would have been "what if the quints had nothing to do with the construction of cybertron in the first place"... though G1 is no stranger to "what we said that? no, we meant *this*."

9. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Can't say I'd have been fond. It would've reduced the final battle to just two big robots duking it out in space. And since there would be nothing around to help scale them against they'd really just be two robots fighting. Kinda seen that already.

I think a giant evil robot attacking a planet while smaller robots of that planet try and fight him off is way more exciting and the threat more real. It's why it can get boring if everyone is a combiner team as all that happens is the robots on opposing sides just get bigger but it's still boils down to a pair of robots fighting. It's the reason I don't like the idea of Dinobots combining to fight Devastator. Much cooler to have a big robot attacked by a group of robot dinosaurs than just two robots going at it.

10. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I want the cybertronians to believe cybertron is Primus, but I want them to be wrong.

11. KikBlava

KikBlava Well-Known Member

If that happened in the movie, then the movie would be completely rewritten. As in, no longer focusing on replacing old characters for new ones, but rather focusing on a massive god like battle which would end with Optimus Prime sacrificing himself to destroy Unicron, almost like the Marvel comics. As it stands, Primus doesn't really exist in the G1 cartoon continuity, at least not as Cybertron.
    Cybertron got blown to slag in Headmasters
    But if Primus did show up in the G1 movie, it would have been mind blowing if the writers forgot about the selling toys policy. But Primus would not be in Transformers for some time until his appearance in the Marvel comics.

12. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    It would be Primus unleashed.

13. -Mainframe-

-Mainframe- Well-Known Member

14. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

i was thinking it would be something like this asa battle between the gods

but with both autobot and decepticon sides alike having their belief in primus literally being cybertron but with the autobots placing their faith in the primes

that role of course falling to ultra magnus andthe autobots believing that even in death a prime would be their to guide them in the final battle with it turning out to be non other then optimus prime himself in that role

15. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

for the autobots it coming down to being a mix of unyielding faith in theirfallen leader and in their creator primu's beliefs and ideals and the still living autobots desire to go on fighting for those ideals and beliefs at any cost to their living beings with it being made clear in its way that all sparks are bonded to one another even those of the newly dead to those sparks of the still living cybertronians

it being a collective pooling of all that spark life energy making it possible for the newly dead optimus prime to actually return to the living universe for a time to serve asa herald/avatar of primus itself as he leads his fellow cybertronians in the final battle against unicronasa kind of living ghost in the flesh so to speak

16. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

17. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

the whole idea im rolling with is that in g1 toon continuity primus did exist but when he gave life to the cybertronians asa race he literally split his spark into so many countless hundreds of thousands of millions of individual lifesparks overtime

but with primus allowing each of those spark fragments of his own lifespark to evolveover time in the living universe so that they were so much more then just a livign species with a hive soul giving each of them life theirby allowing each livign cyberytronian being to grow to learn and to evolve into its own unique being
    primus

prime us

a prime in hisway having the power of his people to his being

but with the powers of their god liek creator being spread out throughout the entire race and lallowed to fallinto a semidormant state of being over time

but if you unite the entire cybertronian race together lifespark energy wise it recreates the eternal soul of primus itself

theirby making itpossible for primus to exist in each andevery single cybertronian's living being asa fragmented part of each of them

18. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    We can defeat Unicron. With the Power of Friendship.

Rumble: "Earth!"

Inferno: "Fire!"

Vortex: "Wind!"

Seaspray: "Water!"

Powerglide: "Heart!"

Primus: "By your powers combined, I am Captain Planet!"

19. Megabattimus

Megabattimus Same As It Ever Was

News Credits:
    Dammit, and you almost went an entire thread without mentioning Gurren Lagann. Oh well, twas not to be.

20. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    And there it is. First thing I thought when you were describing all these things bonding together burning heart giant blah blah blah, couldn't be bothered to say anything this time because it's getting old, but you did it yourself. God. DAMMIT.