What if Bruce Timm-Paul Dini worked on a TF show?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by QLRformer, Aug 4, 2012.

1. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    If this has been done before (and I have a strong suspicion it has), please excuse me. But let's say the veterans of DC Animation, Bruce W Timm and Paul Dini, were employed to work on a TRANSFORMERS show. How do you think it would turn out?

To be fair, it might not be easy to judge as Timm hasn't really done much outside of DC Comics property. But do you think it would be a good show, in terms of storytelling/artwork/faithfulness to the source material/etc?

2. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

Hmmmm..... if they have worked on DC Animation, then maybe we'd have Transformers with a more DC-like nature, perhaps emulating some signature traits of famous heroes and such. If that was the case, I'd think it would be pretty interesting/cool to watch :D 

3. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
  4. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    It would probably be the best TF show we'd had to date. Also, my pants would explode.

5. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    I think the end product would probably be something like the more serious and dark episodes of Transformers: Animated.

6. UltraAlanMagnus

UltraAlanMagnus Big Green Dead?

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Yes, Yes, Yes. :thumb 

Paul needs to come back to both Transformers & DC, And Bruce can join the heck of it since he worked on G.I. Joe before.

7. Sideways77

Sideways77 oh shoogah

News Credits:
    If they did...

Thunderblast would be the best thing ever.

8. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    They're too good for Transformers.

9. soundwave142

soundwave142 Decepticon over-seer

News Credits:
    hmm...that would make dreadwing as batman and skyquake as robin canon..but in serious that would be pretty cool. a dark tf show with lots of great characters and action.

10. HordakFan

HordakFan Banned

That would be sweet if they did, they are gods in animation

11. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Heh, win.

I imagine there would be a stronger focus (and more consistency) on the TF characters' personalities. A Megatron/Starscream dynamic by Dini could be pretty nifty.

Visually, it's harder to say, especially with the shifts in DC stuff over time. The iconic "DCAU" style applied to Transformers probably would come off as a more straight-laced, less exaggerated variation of Derrick Wyatt's TF:Animated, IMO.

EDIT: In an odd coincidence, Paul Dini was just on the last Dog Whisperer episode. He and his wife have Boston terriers. :) 

Last edited: Aug 5, 2012
  12. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    I'd only want them on it if they were fans.

13. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    You people forget Paul Dini is now writing Ultimate Spider-Man and yeah......

Bruce Timm sure, I'm kind of on the fence with Paul Dini though.

and I second Thudnerblast being Harley Quinn.

14. Sideways77

Sideways77 oh shoogah

News Credits:
    Finally someone got it.

15. scubaboy31

scubaboy31 Digital Gypsy

News Credits:
    Well if you want Dini transformers go back and watch dweller In The Depths... yeah, Dini transformers already happened years ago!

16. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    I seem to remember most people saying this was the worst way to run things. Did I miss a memo or something?

17. Repainted

Repainted Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think it's an awesome idea conceptually to have them work with Transformers. Only if there were some great need for these guys. But, I think the current staffers with the Transformer TV aspects are doing pretty good honestly. I think they need another stretch of connected series at DC. Since Justice League Unlimited (and it's related shows) ended and besides the Dark Knight trilogy, nothing DC has offered since has been that great or possesses the appealing continuity links. I tried giving the direct to video films a break and while good sometimes, they're just random and cheap in thought.

18. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    There's not as lot of point attaching Dini to the franchise when Transformers Animated already exists which is Dini style in all but name.

Besides Animated fell flat on its face in all markets except America (Maybe Japan) so they'd only do that again if they were 100% prepared to ignore the international sale potential and make a line/show that can only be marketed to North America while the like of Europe and Australia look at it like something they need to scrape off their shoe, It does not seem productive to go that way to me, anymore than it would to go back to the template seen with the Unicron Trilogy.

Transformers Animated has some good points ; like lots of Characters and Western writing, so there's some elements that might be useful - I'd not rule out another Cell style show sometime as a possibility - but artistically Another Transformers Animated looking show is something that would suffer the same problem that the first one did which is being seen as a show for very young children, it would be a repeat of The international view of TF animated and also replicate the relative lack of love Rescue Bots gets.

So No I don't think it's the way to go. Maybe in a comic - but not in a TV show.

19. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    It, like Animated, would be the best TF cartoon we'd ever get, and only last a short period of time because of the lack of support for it.

20. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    We'd have nothing short of awesome, is what would happen--did you watch Justice League or Batman?! Those stories were fleshed out, mature and a whole lot of fun!

I figure, if those guys worked on a Transformers cartoon, it would be something like Beast Wars the second coming or something better;)