what if bay is telling the truth...what if???

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by esham976, Mar 10, 2009.

  1. esham976

    esham976 Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Apr 4, 2007
    Posts:
    191
    Trophy Points:
    56
    Likes:
    +0
    most of us seen the statement micheal bay left on his site/blog about megs not really being in the movie full time just as a cameo to explian the past prime.

    how much would it suck not to have megs as a major role in series that he and prime made famous, i might even say megs is a little more popular than prime (not to me i love prime).

    and yes i've seen the trailers with the tracks that we all are sure is megatron in his new form. but this is just a what if topic.
     
  2. megatronkicksas

    megatronkicksas Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jul 17, 2008
    Posts:
    5,106
    News Credits:
    33
    Trophy Points:
    176
    Likes:
    +33
    Micheal Bay never tells the truth.
     
  3. Alienbot

    Alienbot Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    May 19, 2007
    Posts:
    2,063
    News Credits:
    21
    Trophy Points:
    151
    Likes:
    +21
    I was personally quite surprised they brought back Megatron, when it turned out to really be the Fallen in the movie and not an injoke I thought they'd save him for the third film.
     
  4. Orbital

    Orbital Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Mar 1, 2009
    Posts:
    802
    News Credits:
    1
    Trophy Points:
    112
    Likes:
    +1
    Bay is lying, he kinda has to, being in his position. From all the sources we hear from, everyone will take what he says the most serious(despite the whole misinformation campaign) so hearing these things coming from the director of the film, who essentially has most of the control over this film, people hesitate to call his bluff. I also think Orci is part of the misinformation campaign, i just don't believe him since he's twisted some things he's said in the past. And since he said the campaign has been going bad, people have believed it, even though that could of been a lie.
     
  5. SoundFire Prime

    SoundFire Prime Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Feb 16, 2009
    Posts:
    1,669
    News Credits:
    1
    Trophy Points:
    126
    Likes:
    +1
    ^This
     
  6. Synical

    Synical Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2004
    Posts:
    328
    Trophy Points:
    111
    Likes:
    +0
    If someone is known for misinformation, why the hell do people keep paying any attention to what he says, trying to figure out wether he's lying or not? Just wait for the movie and see what happens.
     
  7. a.g.e.1

    a.g.e.1 Autobots....Roll Out!!!

    Joined:
    Feb 1, 2009
    Posts:
    204
    Trophy Points:
    56
    Likes:
    +0
    I do think they will talk about Megatron from the past, this is where they will continue the movie prequel Defiance, but, he will be in the future as well I believe. I mean look at the trailer, surely Megs couldn't be assaulting Sam in the distant past?!?!?! I think he is telling the truth partly, but he's holding some more information.
     
  8. OmegaVPrime

    OmegaVPrime Uhm, yea? So what?

    Joined:
    Jan 12, 2007
    Posts:
    1,661
    Trophy Points:
    126
    Likes:
    +0
    Ebay:
    Take anything that anyone tells you with a grain of salt.....even this post
     
  9. Starscreamer95

    Starscreamer95 'Civil' Nintendo Fanboy

    Joined:
    Oct 10, 2008
    Posts:
    9,205
    News Credits:
    7
    Trophy Points:
    192
    Likes:
    +7
    Therefore I trust anyone else on this movie but Bay.
     
  10. The Primes

    The Primes Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Apr 29, 2008
    Posts:
    589
    Trophy Points:
    101
    Likes:
    +0
    Note that in the same post where Bay said Megs would only be in flashbacks, he also said Megs won't turn into a tank...
     
  11. rollout!

    rollout! Prime's Little Helper...

    Joined:
    Feb 11, 2007
    Posts:
    181
    Trophy Points:
    56
    Likes:
    +0
    ... which we all know is him speaking outta his a$$. Why would Hasbro spend so much on developing a toy of Megs, in both FAB and Leader class (at least) just for him not to appear in the film as the tank?

    Also, we've seen his hand pinning Sam down, and what looks like tracks on his legs, which mirror the toy.
     
  12. a.g.e.1

    a.g.e.1 Autobots....Roll Out!!!

    Joined:
    Feb 1, 2009
    Posts:
    204
    Trophy Points:
    56
    Likes:
    +0
    Yep, that's very true.
     
  13. ThaRizla

    ThaRizla Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Feb 6, 2009
    Posts:
    410
    Trophy Points:
    76
    Likes:
    +0

    I agree with this totally. But as Esham976 said, this is a "what if" topic.

    prob 99% chance we are right in thinking megs will be in the movie as we think. and the 1% could be Bay actually telling the truth thinking we wouldn't believe hime anyways. And the bot pinning sam down in the trailer could be some other bot we have not seen yet. (I seriously doubt that) But again, it's all what if's. You could what if anything all damn day.

    Bring on the movie already Bay!!!
     
  14. a.g.e.1

    a.g.e.1 Autobots....Roll Out!!!

    Joined:
    Feb 1, 2009
    Posts:
    204
    Trophy Points:
    56
    Likes:
    +0
    I was thinking what if the bot holding him down isn't Megs but actually Starscream? In the Superbowl ad, we see Sam and Starscream. Now if you notice Sam is sitting on something and is wearing the same clothes as in the full length teaser trailer and the Superbowl ad. COuld it be that it's SS that pins him down and the scene in the ad is just moments before SS pins him down?
     
  15. Gadep

    Gadep Banned

    Joined:
    Nov 2, 2008
    Posts:
    1,418
    News Credits:
    2
    Trophy Points:
    126
    Likes:
    +2
    yeah..megs shows up in a "dream sequence" and gets a leader class toy..........:bay 

    uh..no :crazy: 
     
  16. Shockscream

    Shockscream Chairman of Nerd Day

    Joined:
    Mar 9, 2009
    Posts:
    2,817
    News Credits:
    4
    Trophy Points:
    151
    Likes:
    +4
    If Hasbro wanted to make a Megatron toy with a tank mode and a gimp arm they could've done it at any time, there would be no reason to market him as part of the RotF line. Megatron will, in my opinion, be in the movie -- in both the past (as a continuation of "Defiance"), as he did in TF1, and in the present. I agree with the assumption that it is Starscream menacing Sam. Still pictures show Sam and Starscream in a similar location to the one where we see Sam being pinned down. If I were Megatron I wouldn't go anywhere near Sam after he killed me the last time we met!
     
  17. Freyabeads

    Freyabeads TFW2005 Supporter

    Joined:
    Jul 23, 2006
    Posts:
    672
    News Credits:
    2
    Trophy Points:
    166
    Likes:
    +2
    Well, he also said no Jazz cause he died, but so did Megs. If Jazz, who is not 20,000 leagues under the sea can't be revived, the same 'should apply' to Megs. Although it won't.:wink: 

    And he even said he wouldn't.:sly2: 

    Now, how many toys are out there from TF2007 that were not in the movie, or in just a Cameos????
     
  18. Shockscream

    Shockscream Chairman of Nerd Day

    Joined:
    Mar 9, 2009
    Posts:
    2,817
    News Credits:
    4
    Trophy Points:
    151
    Likes:
    +4
  19. Shockscream

    Shockscream Chairman of Nerd Day

    Joined:
    Mar 9, 2009
    Posts:
    2,817
    News Credits:
    4
    Trophy Points:
    151
    Likes:
    +4
    Freyabeads, I see your point. But there weren't all that many characters to choose from in TF1. This time around there are forty robots to choose from!
     
  20. Chaos Prime

    Chaos Prime Combaticon

    Joined:
    Sep 2, 2004
    Posts:
    5,618
    Trophy Points:
    232
    Likes:
    +22
    Bay speaking the truth? You speak madness! MADNESS! MaAaAaAaDnEeEeEeEeSsSsSsS!!!
     

Share This Page