What if Barricade replaced Sideways?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by TylerMirage, Oct 8, 2009.

1. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    Hello there, TFW2005 peoples! I'm new to the threads, so forgive me if I do something that is against the 'norms' of the web-culture here. I do not care to start any angry arguments or comments here, I only wish to post my ideas and see what other fans have to offer.

Anyways, I'll get to my point (Prepare for a long rant):

I've been working on some changes that I could make to Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, to make it a better film. Now, don't get me wrong, I loved the film to death, and it's definately one of favourites of all time, despite its shortcomings. But, I just think that some things could've been tweaked in order to make it better-received by fans and critics alike. Most of my changes are merely to enhance the action, robots, or pacing. I rarely, if ever make changes that would enhance the plot or human characters, (which according to critics would probably be more important than the former aspects), but, I believe that certain changes to the robots/action could make the film a small bit better, in my opinion. So far, in my 'fictional, 'what-if' version of Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, I've been able to remove approximately 4 minutes of what I have deemed "useless critic-fodder" and replace it with about 5-6 minutes of more robots/better action. Now, I understand that some people cared for the humour in the film, or the human characters, but my changes are what I personally feel is best for the film, so please, don't bash me or my ideas, instead let me know of what you'd like to see.:) 

Okay, so after all of that, one of my possible changes was to see what people would rather have: 1.) Keep Sideways in the film as is, or 2.) Replace Sideways with Barricade. My reasoning behind this is that, although Sideways was both awesome and a coward, I felt that it would've been better if Barricade replaced him. We all want to know what Barricade's fate was in the films, and this seemed to work out pretty well. Barricade went into hiding after the first film, and then, once found, went on the run and got killed aweseomely by Sideways. I'll elaborate on this if people comment or have questions.

Your thoughts?

2. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    First, welcome to the boards.

Now, if Barricade could have been made into a character that DID something, I'm all for it. But if they brought him back into ROTF and killed him like Sideways, it would be a complete waste.

3. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 'Civil' Nintendo Fanboy

News Credits:
    Honestly, Barricade should have been the Sideways that got away.

That much could have let us know that he surived #1, and left him still up in the air for Transformers 3.

4. ghowildseven

ghowildseven SG Decepticon

^This

If Barricade just gets cut in half like trash, I'd srly vow to never watch Bayverse again.

5. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    in my mind that WAS Barricade and the whole debate about what happened to him is over

6. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

Barricade never showed up in ROTF. That was Sideways we saw that got killed off by Sideswipe. Sure, some aspects of Sideways' design made it look like he was Barricade in a new form, but THAT was not Barricade in ROTF.

Seriously, you people.

7. Anti-Venom

Anti-Venom Well-Known Member

HE WAS IN ROTF!!!

I think..... lol
    Wasn't he the one who grabbed Sam's parents?

8. AutobotSkids

AutobotSkids G1/Bay Lover

Sure looked like it, but I'm pretty sure Barry has teeth, and that thing didn't. It looked a little big to be Barricade, I always thought it was a protoform.

Oh, and Welcome to the boards TylerMirage!:bday 

9. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    Welcome to the Boards! Either way, both need more screen time.

10. Paxtin

Paxtin Why am I here?

I still wonder if that wasn't the original idea, but Hasbro said "Hey, we still want to sell toys of that character." So they made him into "Sideways".
    Or something like that.

That might be why the two look so much alike. They had to make a last minute change.

11. myhobby

myhobby ArigatouArigatouArigatou-

yo!

well, your first mistake is...

this thing you did here, trying to avoid arguments? simply not done here. not in the movie forum...

hey! hey! i'm just joking here!

that's more like it!

i think i would have liked barry getting the slice, if only to give us some closure regarding him.
    it would have worked better than,

"hey! i just killed that guy!"

"what was his name?"

"curbside or sumthin, but i killed him! it was awesome!"

"... watever you say."

12. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    Orci said they actually considered putting Barricade in Sideways' role. He couldn't remember why they changed it though.

13. Attacker_Prime

Attacker_Prime Optimus Prime forever

Welcome to the boards! And Sideways and Barricade were different characters, but hopefully in TF3 we'll get Barricade.

14. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    No, that was one of the Decepticons who didn't have an Earth mode body.

15. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    My first thought was exactly what Halroid said. It'd be worse if they brought him back just to slaughter him in the first 5 mins of the film.

As far as making ROTF better, as much as I loved it, that's a tall order...you can't please everyone. Especially here.

16. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    I agree with some other people here. Although it would make more sense if Sideways would have been Barricade hiding, people would really get pissed if he'd just be in the movie to get quickly slaughtered.

Of course, technically he did already die, so unless they decide to correct the movie1 mistake by putting him in the 3rd movie, I'm going to consider him dead.

17. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Wasn't Sideways supposed to be Barricade in a new body? Eh, whatever, he's not so I hope we can see Barricade in TF3 again.

What, it's a tall order to please everyone by making a movie that's actually good instead of an enjoyable mess?

18. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    Thank you for proving my point.

19. figsdad

figsdad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Barricade would of battered sideswipe in full contact fight...

20. Houndvoice

Houndvoice Well-Known Member

Goes to show the level of dedication that went into making this movie, doesn't it...?