What I'd like to see in a series.

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Neomarsala, Feb 8, 2006.

1. Neomarsala

Neomarsala Transform and Roll Out

I originally posted this in another thread, but I decided it was kind of off topic and should be it's own thread. Anyway, this is just an idea of something I might like to see in a TFs series.

What if there was a series that took place mainly on Cybertron in the middle of a war. The main cast would consist of a squad of TFs that go on missions and stuff. Optimus would mostly be at Autobot headquarters the whole time. As the squad of TFs are running around Cybertron there would always be other battles and such going on in the background. Basically, I'm kind of picturing something like you would see in a typical World War II movie.

I guess I'm saying is that we need a TFs series that's a real War Story. No magic energy mumbo jumbo or "special moves". Just a good old-fashioned action-packed gritty war story(note: that doesn't necessarilly mean overly violent, I know kids will be watching this).

2. Darth Megatron

Darth Megatron Don't tell Lucas!

Are you talking a war within type thing or alternate universe?

3. Neomarsala

I guess it could be either one.

4. KidDynamite

KidDynamite Do good recklessly Veteran

Twitter:
    The problem I have with that concept is that it's so ordinary and pedastrian. An epic war setting is just done to death in everything...sci-fi, historical epics, etc. What makes Transformers unique as a franchise is the concept of disguise. That HERE, on Earth, giant robots could be hiding among us. For whatever reason, a significant segment of the fandom doesn't want that and would instead prefer the same old cookie cutter boring war nonsense that we get practically everywhere else. It's not just you, so don't feel like I'm picking on you. I just think we (well, Hasbro and Takara) should be exploiting what makes Transformers DIFFERENT, UNIQUE, and in my opinion BETTER, and not follow the status quo. It's not that I'm against battles, I mean they are at war...but I think to have that be the entire focus of the franchise would be a mistake.

5. Lance Halberd

Lance Halberd oh hai

News Credits:
    That's a great idea, but if Optimus wasn't part of the main cast and relegated to being a background character, then why would anybody want to buy the $40 toy?

Optimus Prime is one of Hasbro's flagship properties. The television shows really, really, really *are* toy commercials, despite what some fanboys want to believe. Optimus is always going to be one of the bigger, more expensive toys and therefore always get a lot of screen time.

6. llamatron

llamatron OFFICIAL MMC REP TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Sounds good...but I think you need to add in a trio of kids who for some reason are caught up in a robot's war when there are plenty of adults who would be far more effective. One of the kids should be a cool white guy, the other a hot white chick (this will allow for them to have some kind of strange sexual tension and also let strange sad men on the internet drool over her and draw odd pictures of her sweet under-age booty). The third kid should be some kind of ethnic minority, cause you know we don't want to seem racist.

Each episode should spend about 50% of the time showing power-up sequences and transformations. Speaking of which, whenever they transform we should cut to some crazy-ass drawn out stock footage sequence, with strange colours flashing in the background for no reason.

When they bots battle everyone should stand around and fire lasers in random directions and never get hit, or run at each other and lock hands for a while. After a few seconds everyone should pause and stand around with no cover while they have a chat about the weather.

Yeeep. That would be sweet.

7. Neomarsala

I just figure that it would make sense that Optimus wouldn't go on every mission. Unless of course there was someone higher than Optimus that commanded all the Autobots and Optimus just lead this one group.

KD, I hear what your saying. I'm just tired of all the magical abilties and stuff that TFs have these days. I think it'd be nice to have a series that handled things a little more realistically.

8. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    What I want:

Fix the time it takes them to transform. As it stands we either have long drawn-out stock footage, or transformations that happen in the blink of an eye over maybe 1 or 2 frames. G1 and Beast Wars had it right. A good solid 1 to 1.5 seconds and 20-30 frames to let us see the transformation.

No kids. One of the adults who deals with the TFs can have a kid (like Sparkplug and Spike) but don't have the TFs deal with kids as their only relation to humans. It's stupid, it makes no sense.

No supermode for Prime. He's Prime. He doesn't need one.

Make a number of episodes that your budget can handle. The budget for these shows is obviously low. Don't stretch the dollars per episode impossibly thin by cranking out 72 episodes. Do a reasonable 25-30 that are actually watchable.

Do all CGI or all cell animation. Don't mix it.

Let the TFs take some damage. I'm tired of blasts hitting TFs in the chest and just knocking them down without a blemish on them anywhere. Dent them. Scorch them. Break them. Anything.

Make dead characters stay dead. No more death=reincarnation in a new more powerful body.

Write/Produce the dang show in the USA. Anime has worn out it's welcome.

9. Darth Megatron

Darth Megatron Don't tell Lucas!

I don't think that this is entirely true. For the first couple of Gen 1 Eps, RID and the beginning of cybertron that was the case. The Alt mode were used as a disguise from the humans, but this is not true of most other series, ie beast wars. The alt modes were touted as a extra ability to help the bots fight and win a war. This story line could also generate a few different story arcs that don't revolve around the destruction of earth or cybertron, or both.

10. Lance Halberd

Lance Halberd oh hai

News Credits:
    Don't forget the kid in the wheelchair! He's the smart one that wears glasses!

11. Pidgeot018

Pidgeot018 Pokécon

Yeah, he'll be the gang's resident "hacker," which consists of him tip-tapping on his laptop and saying the line, "I'm in!" every now and then.

12. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    you have just shattered my world.... :) 

but i agree with KD...hence why cybertron was actually getting really cool in the last few episodes that aired...hopefully that trend will continue once its back on the air...and hopefully the 07 movie will follow a similiar story as well...of course, big battles will have to happen, but at first, robots in disguise is the name of the game....

13. LEADERS_MATRIX

LEADERS_MATRIX Wisdom of the ages...

that kinda sounds like the sory line I came up with, allmost every story could focus on a differant group of bots going out and doing differant missions.
    In my story Pimewould be in some of the missions, but not all, Magnus is in my and he isn't in al the time either, it all depends on whats happening, My story is based on Cybertron, like the Ark never left and the war went in a alternet direction.
    some day I'll wright out the outline.

14. llamatron

llamatron OFFICIAL MMC REP TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    You should see him make love...

15. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    Best of luck with that. Make sure you use a really, really good spell-checker. Otherwise, no one will bother reading your "sory."

16. Subotnik

Subotnik Please Stand By.

Want I want to see is Transformers: Alba.

It consists of a single robot, Showertron, who transforms from robot to shower nozzle, then proceeds to bathe Jessica Alba in cool, nipple-hardening water for the entire length of the show.

That length will be 8 hours.

17. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    That's not long enough. It would require it's own network, with 24-hour coverage. For variety, Showertron could be part of a team: Watersprinkler Prime, Waterslide Maximus, Trampoline Magnus, Bikini-1, Jacuzzix, and Toweltron.

And there would be so many hot guest stars. Oh, so many.

18. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I just wish there was a transformers show where there were characters that are shown to be highly intelligent with lots of personality, laser battles where characters are actually hit, stories with good plots, limited use of stock animation, and well directed/dynamic hand to hand battles. I haven't seen Beast Wars, but a lot of the other TF shows I've seen have lacked most or all of these.