What I think would make for a better Shattered Glass Galvatron

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Prime-Directive, May 18, 2012.

1. Prime-Directive

Prime-Directive Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So I have always had a fascination with the Shattered Glass universe and I love how they remade Prime with his RTS mold and so I started thinking that I would love it if they did the same thing for Galvatron, his crappy helicopter mold from the Cybertron TV series is rather lame in comparison to a lot of the awesome classics/generations repaints/remolds we have gotten like Ultra Magnus, Prime and even Drift amongst more and in my opinion I think an awesome figure to use for a new rebuilt Galvatron would be Generations Thunderwing/Sky Shadow I think that mold would be perfect for if they ever remade the character in the Shattered Glass universe, maybe this way we could get an actual decent remolded head, I just think the vehicle form as well is a great transition from when he was Megatron and I think the mold would be perfect for such a figure at a future Botcon or as a Transformers Collectors club exclusive, I doubt we would ever get him in this form but I think it would look great none the less, just wanted to share my thoughts, any other opinions? :) 

2. Ellamin

Ellamin Heroes protect Freedom! not safety! BAKA!!

News Credits:
    Retool RTS perceptor by removing the arm discs, make the cannon a drill for alt mode that retracts into the cannon, detaches and plugs on his arms in either mode, add a modified reflector chest plate for the red "abs" and make it a baby blue or shiny purple truck with a utility truck style striping and it can work wonderfully.

3. vm-01

vm-01 Well-Known Member

You mean Animated?

Funny thing is that his Energon version kinda looks like Thunderwing:

galvatron076.jpg

galvatron020.jpg

And the first Bay movie version looks like IDW Thunderwing as well.

4. ThaConqueror

ThaConqueror Rock! Robot Rock!

No, he means the Evac toy from Cybertron, which was a rescue helicopter and was redecoed to make SG Galvatron. And that Energon toy only very vaguely resembles Thunderwing, it more closely resembles G1 Galvatron. And by "closely" I mean "damn near exact just with shoulder cannons and wings strapped to the back".

I personally like the current SG Galvatron, having the leader of the good guys as a rescue copter is a great idea. It particularly fits as a reversed Galvatron, as the idea of him going into danger to rescue his troops is a great twist on the original Galvatron sending his troops into danger while he just beats the crap out of his second-in-command because he's friggin' nuts.

5. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    Actually he was referrng to the vehicle mode. It does somewhat resemble G1 Thunderwing, and some people have made customs of it, especially since the Generations Thunderwing we got left a lot to be desired sizewise.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/396933-masterpiece-thunderwing.html

6. Prime-Directive

Prime-Directive Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have to admit I really like the concept of his vehicle when you put it that way, I mean the thing that I am not a major fan of is just how its such an old toy compared to the more recent and articulate classics and generations figures, the Thunderwing/Sky Shadow figure would have been a nice transition ging from Megatron to Galvatron with maybe a new head and chest and with his missiles sitting on the back of his wings to resemble the ones from Shattered Glass Megatrons shoulders I think that mold would just look fantastic if painted and re-sculpted right.

7. ThaConqueror

ThaConqueror Rock! Robot Rock!