What I think the Perceptor recolor will be.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by AutoCon2076, Jan 21, 2011.

1. AutoCon2076

AutoCon2076 Brightest can in toolshed

I'm just gonna get to the point and say it: I think that Perceptor's recolor will get done in black and be named Trailcutter. We know it should be Trailbreaker, but oh well copyrights and what not, ya know?

~Z

2. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    Perceptor's remold/repaint is going to be Reflector.

3. AutoCon2076

AutoCon2076 Brightest can in toolshed

Ah, that's a nice surprise. Alright then - let us just switch Perceptor for Kup in the first thread and we might have a winner. I was looking at the RTS Legends figure just now and from the front I all of a suddenly saw Kup's truck form. That would work, too - and we'd get a head swap, which instantly makes that figure so much more cooler than Kup. Not that Im dissing the old boy or anything.

~Z

4. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    They hinted at Botcon that Reflector was the planned repaint/remold and recoloring the images myself, it would really, really fit. The bot more really has no traits of Trailbreaker and when the character has an automatic remold as Hoist, it would be a waste to use an unsuited mold for him. But since movie Ironhide has the black pickup truck thing handled right now I doubt they'll release a proper Trailbreaker until after the next movie line, if only to avoid confusion.

We already saw Kup's remolded head in his instructions and it's definitely not Trailbreaker. Looking at Generations they're more concerned with the bot mode looking good and skewing the alt mode as needed so don't pick trucks and call it Trailbreaker cause they dont work in the more important mode

Last edited: Jan 21, 2011
  5. TfAnimatedfan

TfAnimatedfan Five. Dollar. Headband.

News Credits:
    Or we might never get a recolor. We've been seeing repaint opportunities for almost every new mold. You could almost make another entire line out of just the repaint ideas. It doesn't seem like they could pull off realeasing all these, which is sad because I really like Leozack and Black Shadow. If anything gets cut I sure hope it's (stupid) stuff like this. Reflector is deserving of a new mold.

Ruflectur not trukk

6. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    what leozack? i've only seen senator ratbat's head...leozack would be pretty much the exact colors as scourge, so i highly doubt they would use that mold for him.

trailbreaker better get a new mold sometime in the near future, who cares if ironhide is a black pick up now in a seperate line? just give us tb lol

7. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd also like to have Magnificus.

8. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    I will never know how people coming up with this idea. Perceptor and Trailbreaker/Hoist have zero design elements in common.

Since the DOTM line's getting a deluxe black SUV in the first wave, I think that if Trailbreaker's getting a mold, Hoist is going to be released first in order to keep two similar products from being on the shelf at the same time.

9. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    We already know that we're getting Reflector. But I still expect to see something like Trailcutter as a later use of the Perceptor mold, and Gears from Kup

10. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    We saw the new head for the Kup mold? I missed it, anyone have a link?

11. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i doubt it, gears maybe, but making a more accurate legends figure than deluxe? especially with hoist as an auto remold,, i think we'll get a real trailbreaker at some point, if they did a perceptor repaint, i'd just spray an animated ratchet black, at least it would be a better homage than that

12. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    I'm content with ROTF Hoist myself

13. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Autobot Strategist

Agreed, Diaclone or GTFO