What I think Hasbro should have (and still can) do

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Primus, Jun 27, 2009.

1. Primus

Primus Beware, the modelers. Veteran

News Credits:
    I really feel as if Hasbro could have gone two ways with the franchise. I really like the movie-verse, but I kind of feel like it's a little misused. Internally I worry a little bit about all the marketing towards kids. I mean, lets face it, this movie is not appropriate for kids around 10 years old. It just isn't. Yet it's being market directly at that demographic with promotions like the Burger King kids meal. The movie is PG-13. You won't find a 13 year old kid eating a kids meal (usually).

But I digress.

My thought is that they should have done the first movie like they did. That's fine. Great. But instead of RotF we should have gotten a 3D animated movie like Bolt or any Pixar film. Then two years later they could have released RotF. Or honestly, they could alternate every other year. Animated movie in 2010, TF3 in 2011. This way they could do a movie that is PG and one that is more adult oriented. I'm sure they would need to worry about franchise burnout, but honestly, they need to ride this gravy train as long as it is being sustained.

Maybe they will get to a point where they would need to take a few years off but that could also serve to refresh the brand.

2. jonatron26

jonatron26 Well-Known Member

they should have animated dvd movies or a clone wars-esque movie afterwards, but still keep the feature films live action.

3. AMG

AMG Old School

Right now I'm expecting Hasbro to center their next TF cartoon around the movie universe. If this happens the younger kids can get in on the action.

4. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Unfortunately, in order to maximize ticket sales, they need the over 13 crowd. The '86 animated movie tried to be kid friendly and it flopped.

5. TIE Bomber

TIE Bomber Banned

ROTF is my favorite movie of all time. I wouldn't change a thing.

Well, you could cut out Simmon's butt shot, I wouldn't miss that at all but the rest is awesome the way it is.

6. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

I had an arguement for that, but then I remembered what my local Target carries next to the TF's: Terminator Salvation toys, toys for a much more mature movie.

7. luca_frontino

luca_frontino Well-Known Member

Pixar would have done a masterpiece with the Transformers mythos.
    But no, they gave carte blanche to Michael "freaking" Bay.

8. transmetal2dinobot

transmetal2dinobot Sub-Commander

Ebay:
    it wouldn't have been pixar doing it though, it would probably have been dreamworks animation. and we all know they just make the same movie over and over again: "things that shouldn't talk are able to talk, and they all make the same stupid shrek face. also celebrity voices>interesting plot"

9. Primus

Primus Beware, the modelers. Veteran

News Credits:
    really? I mean, it seemed to work okay for movies like Finding Nemo. And like I said, don't get rid of the movie-verse. just put one of these in between each release where they aren't related to each other.

You could easily have a 3D animated TF movie that was PG and made $300mil.