What I like most about Animated

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Sideswipe80, Mar 10, 2009.

1. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I love how the 5 main Autobots create a family atmosphere for Sari. I also like how each one of them I can relate to. Here you have 5 guys that everyone looked down upon who wind up being heroes. When season 3 ends I'm really going to miss those 5 characters.

2. Ravage1976

Ravage1976 Well-Known Member

I like how every episode actually makes me laugh not just smile but actually laugh and Im going to wait until I know for certain which at this stage we still dont that season 3 is the last before getting morose about it.

3. SureShot90

SureShot90 Peace=superior firepower

Ebay:
    "What I like most about Animated ..."
    That it's almost over.

No characters missed perhaps besides Blitzwing.

4. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    What I like most about Animated? The solid scripting by Marty Isenberg and his writing crew, and Derrick Wyatt's incredible character designs. I also love this series' take on the Decepticons as fearsome 'freedom fighters' who pose a true threat - Animated's 'Cons include some of the best re-imaginings of characters from previous franchises.

5. caitlindevi

caitlindevi Sculpticon

News Credits:
    Ok then, Mr NEgative, which TF series DO you like?

Be prepared to have heavy comparisons drawn

6. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    Yeah, I agree with this. Don't forget how Marty Isenberg said in a podcast that an on going theme in this series is a sense of belonging. I really that theme.

7. caitlindevi

caitlindevi Sculpticon

News Credits:
    I don't understand why so many people knock Animated.

It has great stories, awesome character design, the characters have actually got character and personality, the show is dynamic, bright, fun and funny, its good for little kids (which is the intended audience) its still fun for adults who've grown up with TFs with all the nods and homages to old characters and episodes. It doesn't talk down to the audience. Its creative.
    The toys actully look like the characters they're supposed to be rather than just vaguely being the same colour.
    The animation quality is pretty damn good (put it side by side with any of the other series its good)
    Its got a great cast of voice artists and a pretty damn good selection of guest voices.

Why CN and hasbro have been a bit ham fisted about the backing Animated, it's just as good if not better than most of the CN fair. Hasbro have been only really concentrating gearing up for the movie, now most of that is out of the way and they just need to launch hopefully they can redirect thier focus back to Animated

8. MGX

MGX Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I love this the most about Animated:

I like how I can actually look forward to characters showing up, and actually being somewhat familiar and not a new character who just has an old character's name. Now alot of the starting characters are new characters with old names, but as Animated progressed, they added fresh takes on scores of characters.

Unlike the Bay movies, with Animated I would be excited to see that version of a character, whereas with Bay, I would dread it since the character would essentially be a new character. I'm talking design a new character, draw a random name out of a hat and slap it onto that new design.

Another runner up are the nods and easter eggs. Animated wears "Transformers show" like a badge.

9. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Character design, acting, animation and writing.

AKA everything.

10. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    The designs: how streamlined they are, how much character they have, and how well they translate to the toys. I also like how distinct they are, and how they all compliment each other.

So many people were knocking the design at first, and complaining about the chins, but I think more people get it now. People assumed that cartoony = kiddy, but with animated, less is more.

I remember the designs from previous series, like the Unicron trilogy. With all the superflous detail, you never got a sense of the character. I don't think they put much if any thought into it. Animated is a lot more precise than that. The character's personality is reflected in the design.

11. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Even in a thread that basically asks what you LIKE about Animated, we get redundant TFA bashing, pointless Bay bashing, sarcasm, negativity and rudeness.

And here I thought I could go into a thread on TFW and not have to deal with that. Silly me.

12. caitlindevi

caitlindevi Sculpticon

News Credits:
    and they haven't even backed up their argument against... if someone has an issue they could at least be specific.

I personally think Animated stands out as one of the finest animation/toy series in the 25 year history of the transformers brand

13. swarlock

swarlock Autobot Supporter

What I liked the most is that it didn't take itself too seriously at times.
    Which is something all of us need to understand.

14. Paxtin

Paxtin Why am I here?

THIS!

15. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    The theme song.

I've always said that the best shows have the best theme songs.

Good theme song Transformers shows
    - G1 (and it's pretty much agreed that while the show isn't great on today's standards, for the 80's it was freakin' brilliant)
    - Beast Wars
    - Armada
    - Cybertron (a better theme song, and the overall storyline was pretty decent)
    - Animated

Shows with bad theme songs
    - G2 (and everyone hated that stupid cybernetic space cube)
    - BM (though if you re-watch it being older it's SOOO dark, but the premsis was weak)
    - RID (I loved the toys, but I hated the show)
    - Energon (agreed to be the worst of the Unicron trilogy)

Theme songs make the show :D 

16. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    :deadhorse: 

I loved the writing, designs, and toys.

17. caitlindevi

caitlindevi Sculpticon

News Credits:
    And the G1 Movie has the awesomest theme song...now if animated theme song singer only had put the umpfh and passion into singing like the singer from Lion.

See thats what the Bay movies needs...they need a kick arse rocking metal soundtrack...this orchestral stuff is all fine and well but come on crank it up it should have a soundtrack that keeps you sat in the seats in the cinema until the credits have finished

18. MGX

MGX Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was stating my opinion of what Transformer Animated mostly did pretty good, which is something the movies did pretty poorly. Michael Bay certainly isn't Derrick Wyatt.

19. not_prime

not_prime Still Sketchin

The things I loved most about the series was the animation. When I saw the pictures at first, aka the one where they're all leaping towards the front (you know the one), I was like E GAD NO! But as soon as I saw them in action I loved it. I love the expressions, the body movement, and the overall design. There is just too much character brought into each 'bot or 'con. This is say, opposed to the Unicron Trilogy, where each robot was was extremely rigid, and barely moved except when necessary.

I also the love the characters development. Each character has their quirks, but its works. Almost every episode has made me laugh, and thats something rare in a transformers series. Its good that they didn't take themselves seriously.

20. Midnight

Midnight Nerdicon

I love the reimagining of Cybertron and it's post war era.Youve got the older veterans like Ratchet and the young inexperienced guys like Optimus who have never been in battle with a Decepticon.

And I love the take on all the characters like Prowl and Bumblebee.

Also Lugnut and Lockdown kickass.