What I found in the Toys For Tots box at work

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by DeathStorm, Dec 10, 2008.

1. DeathStorm

DeathStorm Snoochie Boochies

News Credits:
    ***EDIT: This thread has been blown off topic by a poorly executed joke from another user. I am not agreeing or disagreeing with either side of the argument, but I don't want this thread locked; that's where all the name calling is leading. The joke has been revealed, the poster apologized, and it need to be a dead topic. Let's just leave it alone and move on. Thanks.

The box was just put out this morning evidentally, it wasn't there last night when I left the office.

The entire box, to the top, looked to be full of Transformers. What made that so unusual was some of the older toys that I saw. I didn't dig through it or anything, but right off the top I saw Armada Hot Shot, RID Prime, SWTF Solo/Chewbacca two-pack, movie Blackout, and a ton of minicons from the Armada and Energon lines. I have to assume a collector donated them, who else would have kept them sealed?

Good to see they are going to a worthwhile endeavor. I'm sure some kids will be very happy with them.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2008
  2. Paladine

Paladine Well-Known Member

I wanted to do the same thing at my work, but they stopped hosting a box. I need to do some research to find a donation area where I can get a receipt for tax purposes.

3. Shark Jumper

Shark Jumper さあ、お前の罪を数えろ

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    toys r us has it.

4. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    The collector that did that should have considered selling them off, for possibly a markup, and then using that money to buy more toys.

Still though, always cool when you hear stories of the TFT bins filling up. Or in this case I guess it was a TFFT bin. Lame joke.. I know. But it was so obvious I had to jump on it.

5. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We EXIST!

News Credits:
    I think its really cool that a collector did that instead of trying to sell them all. Selling them then buying more toys would have been a big, convoluted process that might have made him give up on doing it period.

I heard, tho, that the Toys for Tots deadline was actually Dec 8th...

--Moony

My bad, its the 15th...

6. ErechOveraker

ErechOveraker I'm with Plowking.

News Credits:
    I would have just taken RID Prime. I'd appreciate it more than some dumb poor kid who never even knew it existed.

7. djmagic

djmagic Well-Known Member

yes what is up with the deadline on the 8th?

8. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    Seriously... you'd jack a toy from a Toys for Tots bin? That's just pathetic.
    [​IMG]

9. ErechOveraker

News Credits:
    More of a trade, I'd put something in that kids would like more. A Bratz doll or some Bazooka Joe bubble gum or something. Like I said, I'd appreciate the Prime more than some grubby little homeless kid would, so what would be the loss?

10. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    and how exactly do you know some "kids" would rather have gum or a bratz doll? did you do some surveys and create a hypothesis and try it out? i dont think you have any say what someone deserves especially someone who is less fortunate than you. and honestly maybe that kid would know what toy that was and has always wanted it but was never able to afford, that kid would cherish it for a long time, were yourself would probably leave it in the box, stick it on a shelf or sell it down the road. and obviously you are a better person and more fortunate (not in the personality department), just go buy one of the bay.

sad.

11. ErechOveraker

News Credits:
    What the hell are you talking about? All kids love bubble gum, that is definitely a fact.

And it's odd you're all on me about making assumptions about what children like, then go on to assume what I would do with RID Prime. How dare you - I would definitely play with that, and never sell it, because unlike SOME collectors I'm not a jerk.

Well, I guess kinda since I stole the toy from some hobo streetrat and all, but you know what I mean...

12. mugen_prime

mugen_prime Well-Known Member

Wow.... what a "great" attitude. You got a chance to make some kind of difference in "some grubby little homeless kids" life, and this is your attitude? Talk about a sense of entitlement. Just cos a kid comes from a poor family, doesn't mean they're any less deserving than you. And the fact that you're using terms like "hobo streetrat" just shows how ignorant you are.

13. ErechOveraker

News Credits:
    Which one looks happier to you?

[​IMG] OR [​IMG]

Exactly. Case closed guys.

14. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    taking toys from a bin for por or sick kids its just wrong even if you put something else in. It was not yours from the beginning, it is not yours to take. you can never justify your idea how much you try.

sheesh , some ppl.

15. Baccala1976

Baccala1976 Well-Known Member

Dude, you're a dick.
    (mods can ban me, but it needed to be said)

16. mugen_prime

mugen_prime Well-Known Member

Yeah, exactly. Which one does look happier? Which one needs someone to make a difference in their life? You'd happily take away from the one who has nothing and needs a little happiness in their life?

17. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I don't consider myself a saint by any means, but somebody saying they would take toys from "grubby homeless kids who wouldn't appreciate them" makes even ME sick.

What an absolute piece of garbage.

18. ErechOveraker

News Credits:
    Not to quibble, but I kinda think that's exactly what it means. I have money to buy the stuff I want, therefore I am more entitled to it than them...

Oh I can't keep this up. Yikes guys, it was just a joke, I'm not a horrible person, etc etc. Lighten up. Toys for Tots is a great organization, but nobody is curing cancer by giving kids Transformers here, so get off the high horses.

[​IMG]

19. Brawlastator

Brawlastator it is our life - jon bovi

News Credits:
    He's kidding, you guys. Jesus Christ, you people need to grow a funny bone.

20. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    It sure didn't sound like a joke to me - and I don't believe it started as one, either.