what i feel about the g1 lines

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by mfa8578, Jul 14, 2009.

1. mfa8578

mfa8578 transparentprime

i grew up with g1 tf. i was and still amazed by the boxy and bulky design of the characters. untill today, i'm still craving to get all the figures available.

so tf collectors out there, please feel free to help me collecting these "masterpiece" items.

2. mentat_emre

mentat_emre Well-Known Member

there are encore issues from japan, you can find them by searchinf in threads.

3. mfa8578

mfa8578 transparentprime

need to know more about encore series

thanx for replying...
    i need to know exactly how many series of encore have been released? i can't get good updates from my place.

4. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    i dont know if u mean how many G1 reissue series there have been - there have been many, i dont know exactly myself - but if ur talking about encore, thats just the one line, with 15 figures released so far, with 3 more confirmed i believe

5. mfa8578

mfa8578 transparentprime

more on g1 encore

thanx... you've given me informative info.

so far, there has been 15 waves coming out from encore series. i already have o.p, megatron, minibots, skylinx, metroplex, jazz and omega supreme.

the rest of my lines are coming from hasbro 2002 reissue and takara hard-box reissue. i'm still hunting for more. wish me luck...

6. jamspeed

jamspeed is so beast!

Ebay:
    Perceptor and the Insectacons will be out soon as Toys R Us (TRU) exclusives.

7. mfa8578

mfa8578 transparentprime

insecticons? i really hope that i can grab 'em as they enter my country. any news on the highway patrols? i'm still lookin' for sunstreaker

8. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    I Love G1 toys too..... up until season 1 & 2.

After that things changed :

- lack of rubber wheel tires
    - lack of chrome apps
    - lack of truly realistic altmodes or at least a lack of a visible effort to evoke the feeling of having a realistic altmode
    - sudden use of all kinds of tacky neon colours :puke: 

At that point, my interest faded away.

Come 2009, and I am back with movie toys which fulfil my tastes in most key aspects + articulation. Encore line is nice, though a bit expensive and lacking articulation of course.

9. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    A Sunstreaker reissue won't be happening. Like a lot of other toys from the original line, his mold has been lost in the intervening 20 years. Other victims include Wheeljack, Mirage, Frenzy/Rumble, and the Dinobots.

10. mfa8578

mfa8578 transparentprime

what???!!

well... guess i gotta go for 2002 reissues... if there still any that survived intact!

11. deathonacracker

deathonacracker Decepticrumb

Ebay:
    i got all of my G1 toys out of my storage building and i was excited/sad at the same time. some of them were in HORRIBLE condition. i can't believe i treated my toys so bad so I'm blaming my friends... they must have done the damage. i found a G1 Prowl and he is awesome! all die-cast... i forgot that the original line was die cast. i found three thundercrackers. all of them missing everything! i believe one was a thrust since the cockpit was a different color along with the stickers. i also found all the aerialbots and constructicons. the only thing I'm missing is the pin that attaches Hook as Devastators arm. I wonder how hard that will be to find. I also have a complete Optimus Prime. well, except for his hands. all three insecticons, grimlock and swoop, perceptor, Bumblebee and other well taken care of minicons, soundwave and his minions, megatron (broke) Omega supreme that's missing quite a few pieces and an odd knockoff of Omega supreme and Voltron combined!!! that was the weirdest one!

oh, and a bunch of go-bots (all die-cast)

After laying them all out and comparing them to the movie toys i realized how evolved the line has become. i always remembered them being "boxy" but after transforming them and then transforming the movie toys i just cant go back. :(  what I've decided to do instead is hunt for later generations of the G1 characters i still have and place them with their G1 counterparts. i am hunting for G1's that i have the movie versions for as it seems like a fun little process.

12. Human Beastbox

Human Beastbox The Murdinator

News Credits:
    Actually, that's kinda what I like about G1. That's part of the charm. Articulation to me is more of an issue when it comes to the newer toys. I'm far less sympathetic.

13. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There's a lot of pretty high quality kos flying around these days. Kotoys is a good place to check.

But if you're only looking for reissues and originals then be careful looking on ebay and make sure you're not getting a ko. :) 

14. The Asp

The Asp Are we having fun yet?

And now many g1 figures that had rubber tires...don't have them anymore because they disintegrated.

So? They were meant to be aliens-from another planet, would you expect ALL of the transformers to have Earth based modes, even on Cybertron, before the TF's ever heard of Earth?
    Some of those were over the top (especially in g2). But I like some of the '86 & after bots because they contrast the somewhat dark colors of some '84-'85 bots.

At that point, I started to like transformers more.

15. mfa8578

mfa8578 transparentprime

to me... the g1 series are art forms... i mean, starting 25 years ago from a Jap (i forgot the name) toyline that should've been a big disaster for TAKARA, revived and saved by HASBRO to be one of the greatest cartoon series ever... isn't that miracle? it's a historical item in a way

thinking back again, i'm glad to be a fan...

16. bebop

bebop Banned

you need a coupon for a punch in the face!

17. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't even feel like its so much the toys but the memories that come with it. Driving around with mom/dad looking for all the Constructicons, stuff like that. its a reminder of easier times for most (myself included)

Are they works of art? I dunno about that... but they sure are fun to look at!

18. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    Yes.

19. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    um wha? there is no reissues of sunstreaker and co from 2002......

20. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    brickish or not, the G1 toys are still fun today. I actually regret not keeping up with the reissues over the years, I missed a lot of stuff I'd really like to have again, but the prices have risen beyond my reach.