What I don't understand about AOE.

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by tonyformer, Jul 4, 2014.

1. tonyformer

tonyformer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ok, we all know that at some point between DOTM and AOE, the Autobits were granted Amnesty for their deeds in Chicago.
    Meaning their Exile from DOTM was lifted. The Bots were probably all now helpin to continue the hunt for remaining Cons.

Could it be that NEST still exists but was just left out of the loop when Artinger and his CIA unit decided to take matters into their own hands and hunt all TF?

2. MasterZero

MasterZero Taking a Break

So...what don't you understand?

3. primal789

primal789 Prime

News Credits:
    Yeah,maybe they killed them all.But in those carrier ships were Decepticons?I don't want to believe they were Lockdown's troops

4. tonyformer

News Credits:
    Sorry I hit the submit button to early an was not done writing lol. Still have another thing that really screams bad writing tho lol.

5. uruseiranma

uruseiranma Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There was mention in AOE when they showed that aftermath news report, saying the alliance with the Autobots was over.

By the way it sounded, it sounded like humanity was all, "we told you to get the hell off our planet, and your enemies still stuck around and destroyed hundreds of people!

And then...you faked your deaths and came back even though we told you to get the hell off our planet! You stupid robots don't listen and make a mess of everything! Therefore, were just gonna kill you all, and that will end it all!"

6. MasterZero

I assumed the troops of NEST were either kept out of the know, imprisoned, or straight up killed.

Poor Lennox. :cry 

7. tonyformer

News Credits:
    Also, we know At some point Attinger and some small part of the government turned on the bots and went under te government radar to hunt all TFs, bots as well as Cons but was telling the major government that they were only hunting Cons. And we know OP have the order for the Bots to cut all ties with all humans and go into hiding. I get why OP took a new more beat up look and I he why Bee took a more classic look to better not stand out. But if Bee took on leadership while OP was out of the picture, did it not look out of place and strange for a classic Camaro, 2 sports cars and a big ass military truck to be all driving around together?

People said in my lockdown thread that it was a good choice of a car mode for lockdown to take the lambo as he would not draw attention while out and about and around humans. Ok I can understand that. But these 4 bots in all manor of Vehicels driving around together didn't look out of the ordinary?

8. MV95

MV95 @marlinfan1995 Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    No, remember it's only Cemetery Wind that is hunting the Autobots. Plus they were willing to kill Cade and Co because they could let everyone know that Autobots were being hunted. The President wanted to take photos with Optimus lol.

9. uruseiranma

News Credits:
    That was my thinking: Attinger just had everyone quietly meet with accidents and killings. I assume Attinger even had Lennox's wife and daughter killed as well.

10. Goldenclaw55

Goldenclaw55 Combaticon

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

11. MasterZero

Its not like these guys drive together as one big family most of the time. They, I assumed, arrived in the desert at different times and found each other and have been sticking together ever since. They hid in the desert, trying to form somekind of plan.

Its not like they need to drive into town once a month to get food.

12. MV95

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Those are some strong assumptions lol. I just feel that after Chicago, NEST went out like Sector 7 and the Autobots were just chilling on Earth.

There were a lot of things that needed to be explained better though, like NEST, Sam, what the Autobots have been up to for the past 4 years, etc.

13. tonyformer

News Credits:
    But it was stated in AOE that the Autobots were given amnesty. Which means their exile was lifted. Attinger was keeping the Autobot hunting from the main government. The news flash that was shown was from right after DOTM. But that was not meant to be taken as current standings toward the Autobots. It looks like our Government gave them amnesty but told them to stay out of the public eye as the public would not be happy with the events of DOTM. If the government as a whole were still after the Autobots and not wanting them around after DOTM, our president would not have wanted to meet with OP and thank him. Attinger would not have been hiding his huntin the Autobots either.

14. MasterZero

What would you prefer? Not really telling you anything and leaving maybe a glimmer of hope for an explanation in TF5?

Or a throw-away line that could potentially add more questions?

15. MV95

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    If they do more explaining in TF5 about that stuff it'd be awesome. I just really don't see it happening unfortunately.

I feel they should've at least went into explaining NEST though when they showed flashbacks and aftermath of Chicago. Have a reporter say something about how NEST has been disbanded or something.

16. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I had the sense that the Autobots had all split up and were in hiding. I don't think they were all hanging out together. Maybe they contacted each other once in a while, but I don't think they had a base or anything.

17. uruseiranma

News Credits:
    I was hoping there would be a gif of Newt going, "They're DEAD!! Okay? Can I go now!?"

But yeah, this gif explains my feeling about all these what ifs and hopes:

The former humans are dead!! The Autobots we never see? Dead! Jolt? Dead! Dino? Dead! Sideswipe? Dead! Ratchet? Dead and never coming back!! Starscream? Dead! Shockwave? Dead!

They're DEAD!! Okay!?

18. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Given the fact that the Presidential Aide was trying to get a photo op for the Pres with Optimus Prime, it was really only Attinger ( and his immediate circle ) that wanted the Autobots dead. Everyone else thought they were hunting Decepticons. The government, while no longer working with the Autobots, were not hunting them either. NEST was probably dissolved as soon as the alliance was broken by Congress.

19. tonyformer

News Credits:
    I know that but Drift wen makes it sound like Bee has been in charge for some time in OPs absence. So I'm sure them meeting in the desert was not the first time meeting up. And knowing the humans were hunting them, staying in one location (desert or not) is probably not a good idea.

20. MasterZero

I don't know if they said which desert it was, but it looked like a big place. All those rocks gave them somekind of cover.

We don't know how long they had been staying there. Maybe they had recently moved there, one at a time, taking different routes.