what i disliked about animated...

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by ryan.j, Dec 23, 2009.

1. G1Decepticons

G1Decepticons Banned

i had a dislike for TFA. It was a joke. For one optimus prime was not event he leader of the autobots in this series. Two for most of season one Megatron did not lead the decepticons like he did in all the other series throught the whole shows. And the 3rd dissapointment and biggest dissapointment to me would be the joke the show was. They try to make characters funny but they made them look like a big joke and what is with starscream having spongebobs voice LOL.

2. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Is that really any worse than Megatron having Fred from Scooby Doo's voice?

3. G1Decepticons

G1Decepticons Banned

I didnt know he had freds voice form scoobydoo. seriously that animated series was a bit oj a joke other than the theme song.

4. E. C. R. Former

E. C. R. Former Is probably insane...

Buddy, have you even seen any of the episodes of Animated? What you wrote before suggests you have but I just can't comprehend how you could consider the plot and writing to be a joke.

Oh, and just in case you didn't realize, G1 Megatron is the one with Scooby Doo's Fred's voice.

Bumper Robinson... who also voiced Bumblebee and Porter C. Powell on the show.

Anyway, on topic: my biggest disappointment with the show would be the way the Dinobots were handled. Other guys have alrady pretty much explained why.

5. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    I completely agree, drawing aside (I won't pretend I can draw). The style and the lazy animation...complete crap.

6. Triceradon

Triceradon Sunbow Delenda Est

It's called "variation". Optimus and Megatron don't have to always be leading their respective factions. It'd get stale. That's what I loved about Beast Wars, and thats what I love about Animated.

Plus, how is certain characters being comic relief in Animated different from any other series.

Frank Welker, G1 Megatron/Soundwave.
    Frank Welker, Fred from Scooby Doo.

And you call Animated's voice acting a joke.

7. Sso02V

News Credits:
    Hell, Frank Welker has pretty much made a living on babbling like an insane chipmunk, and barking like a dog. But I don't let that impact my opinion of his Megatron voice. They call them voice actors for a reason.

8. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    The only thing I disliked about Animated was the over-use of the human villians. Sure they had their good moments, but I'd rather see Autobots fight Decepticons with the humans taking a backseat presence rather than be given their own spotlight episodes.

9. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    We also had Casey Kasem who voiced Shaggy from Scooby-Doo also voicing Bluestreak and Cliffjumper.

10. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

I would LOVE to see a source that says Discovery struck a deal with Hasbro because of Animated's art style. PLEASE show me that. Oh wait that is pure speculation and absurdly untrue. Gotcha.

11. Johnator

Hang on I need to buy some crayons, to break my hand, and close my eyes when I draw it first. Then it should be about the same level of art design as Animated.

12. Johnator

I have to admit this made me laugh out loud. :) 

13. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Like how you keep proclaiming Animated failed because the toys don't sell in your local toystore? Gotcha.

Disliking something, I can get into that. Disliking something greatly..alright, I guess it's not your thing, fair enough. But seriously man, you have got a couple of wires loose - nothing but irrational nerd rage in every Animated topic you vist. :lol  I think I love you!

But seriously, I'm really wondering why there's the need to be so harsh about it. is it not badass enough to be included in the rest of your/our collection of kids toys? Can't we all embrace the fact we're all kids here with a sick, sick hobby?

To be honest, I'm still not sure yet if you're really a concentrated chunk of hatred when it comes to Animated, or if this is some sort of weekend entertainment for you..you know, opening a fine bottle of wine, while watching the replies of people going nuts over what you said?..:confused: 

14. Sso02V

News Credits:
    Hey, if you can't do it, there's no shame in admitting it.

15. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    It made him sound like G1 Starscream. Actually, better than G1 Starscream.

16. Blackout32

Blackout32 ANTHRAX - PERSISTENCE OF TIME

Cybertron The Matrix of leadership knowledge,power
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    The only thing I didn't like about the recent animated TF series was their mouths in the way they talked and their heads looked pretty funny looking as well. I thought the rest of it was really cool but Optimus prime to me was wimp in the recent series which I really hated and he had a ax instead of a gun which to me should have had only the gun.

17. Johnator

Completely agree with the hobby part. Honestly I really just hate Animated because it had potential but completely messed up when it came to the look. Good voice acting? Check. Good writing? Meh check. Godawful designs? Unfortunately check.

I like most aspects of Transformers. I love G1, Beast Wars, Alternators, Classics, Universe, Masterpiece, Fansprojects, The first Bay Movie (second isn't bad), etc. and I really love what is seeming to shape up to be a great video game coming out soon in 2010 so there are a lot of positives and I make a lot of comments about how much I enjoy those in those threads. The thing is that the one aspect I can't stand is Animated and I comment on what I can't stand on that just as much as I say what I like about other aspects. It is horrible because it (to me) is a joke. When my friend's children joke about how pathetic it is and they are in the target range of the show something is wrong. Luckily it ended quickly and I think we have a bright future if the next show is at all based off the designs of what the game screenshots portray.

18. drill

drill Gotham's White Knight

News Credits:
    You realize before Tom Kenny was Spongebob he was on a little show called "Mr. Show" with David Cross? Just look that up before criticizing the man again.

Any friggin TF voice could have done a crazy role that you might not think is appropriate and ruins the actor. Peter Cullen is Eyeore yet he was Prime, David Kaye is the Enzyte Guy yet prevails as both Prime and Megatron, Corey Burton is Dale from Chip and Dale yet he is half the Animated cast and a good chunk of the G1, Tara Strong as Timmy Turner is Sari, Scott McNeil as Funshine Bear and he was goddamn Beast Wars. And don't get me started on Frank Welker, as I can give you a random animal from any film since 1970 and there is a 90% chance it is him.

19. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So in short: you like 8 iterations of Transformers, and greatly dislike (at least) 1 iteration of it. That's totally fine - personally I can't stand most Japanese stuff like A/E/C and Kiss Players, and like with most other things, I think everybody has their likes and dislikes.

However, shouldn't you then just accept the fact that this iteration of Transformers just isn't your thing and be done with it? I understand that there should be a right to voice your opinion, whether it's positive or negative, but I think by now 'we get it'.

Maybe it's a bit frustrating if you don't like it (with a passion) and you see all these posts of people that soo love it, and you feel you need to counterbalance this somehow? I don't know. Animated is over as a series, and I think by now the whole board knows what Johnator thinks about it, so why keep coming back to these threads and once again voice a very negative opinion? I know I'm not the first one who is starting to misread it as simple 'trolling'.

There's nothing wrong with voicing (positive/negative) opinions on new products, but I see little use in constantly reminding other people how crap a 'dead' series is - since that's what it's supposedly is.

Hope this makes sense, not in the person-bashing kind of way. :) 

20. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What Digilaut said.

Honestly Johnator, can you just accept the fact that one series isn't you're cup of tea? Heck, I loath G1. I think it's the most terrible series outside of Energon in Transformer history. The story makes no sense, there are obvious continuity errors, animation errors, horrendous animation and sound effects, on top of misrepresenting many of the toys. Do I make a big stink about it every chance I get to make sure everyone knows it? Hell no. I respect it for what it is, the genesis of Transformers, and let others have fun remembering their glorious childhood.

If it's not your thing, fine. Everyone knows it by now. Just let it go and await the next series.