What Human Actor Would You Choose to Play Transformers Characters?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by TylerMirage, Nov 5, 2010.

1. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    *Let it first be noted that this isn’t supposed to be like that “Using the Actors/Actresses Likeness to make the CGI...”-thread. I don’t want this to end up like that one, no offense. I actually thought of this after reading the topic of “Kurt Russel as Springer in “The Last Stand of the Wreckers” directed by Ridley Scott”, or whatever it was called.

So anyway...

If our favourite Transformers characters were to actually be played by people (as opposed to simply voice acted or motion captured or anything like that, but actual physical, visual acting), who would you choose? If you’re not sure what I mean, think of the G1 “Only Human” episode or Animated’s “Human Error” episodes. Yeah...like that. Those shape-shifting robots in disguise have become fleshlings! Who would Optimus and Megatron look like if they were human? Who would play them? What actual human actors/actresses would you choose to play the Transformers if they were human?

For example, I chose Liam Neeson or Mark Harmon for Optimus Prime, simply because they seem like strong, noble guys (like Optimus). For Megatron, I chose Hugo Weaving or Ralph Fiennes (*cough*typecasting*cough*), or even Kelsey Grammar (for a more Beast Era-esque/Unicron Trilogy “sophisticated” Megatron). Keanu Reeves as Soundwave (mostly a joke, but if it still works...) and Alan Rickman as Shockwave. But I just can’t seem to think of anyone for Starscream. Now, some of my reasons actually have some logic behind them, and others don’t, so that’s why I’d like your opinions. :) 

So, feel free to typecast (I know I did), and let me know for whatever character you want! What actor would be a good Animated Bulkhead? Or a Beast Wars Megatron? Bayformers Ratchet? G1 Megatron? G1 Jazz? Starscream? Ironhide? Soundwave? Wheeljack? Kup? Whoever! Whatever! Give multiple choices for different versions of the characters too if you want (G1 Starscream, Bayformers Starscream, Animated Starscream, etc.).

And yes, I know, “Cool story bro” and whatnot, yeah, yeah, yeah. ;) 

Have at ‘er! :D 

2. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Animated Blitzwing = Arnold Schwarzenegger (Hothead), Christoph Waltz (Icy), Jim Carrey (Random)
    Animated Soundwave = Dave Mustaine (in Kamina shades and an urban cyclist's gas mask; vocoded voice)
    Animated Megatron = Alan Rickman
    G1 Shockwave = Doug Bradley (in mono-eye night-vision goggles)
    G1 Springer = Bruce Campbell
    G1 Kup = R. Lee Ermey
    Animated/G1 Ratchet = Hugh Laurie (in full Dr. House mode)

3. scorpio-prime

scorpio-prime Dreamer with fists

To re-use a post I submitted for cowboy themed transformers:

Optimus Prime:

[​IMG]

Ironhide:

[​IMG]

Bumblebee:

[​IMG]

Rodimus:

[​IMG]

Kup:

[​IMG]

Megatron:

[​IMG]

Cyclonus:

[​IMG]

Starscream:

[​IMG]

Sixshot:

[​IMG]

Dead End:

[​IMG]

4. TylerMirage

News Credits:
    Awww...I was hoping that there'd be a bigger turnout that this. :( 

Nachtsider : Your Animated Blitzwing idea is perfect. Bravo. I can't believe I never even thought of Hugh Laurie (in Dr. House-mode) as Ratchet. It seems so perfect, how did I miss it? ;)  I think he would have to tone down the sarcasm just a little bit. Ratchet never struck me as being a Dr. House-level jerk. But I personally can't see Alan Rickman as a Megatron. He'd make a good secondary villain, but I don't know if he has the gravitas to be the leader. Maybe an Animated Megatron? But a good suggestion nonetheless. :thumbs2: 

Scorpio-Prime : I totally glazed over your "To re-use a post I submitted for cowboy themed transformers"-comment and after reading it, was like "Why are they all cowboy themed?!?!?!?!" Duh on my part. ;)  Ooh, Sam Elliot seems like a good match for Prime. Not too sure about the others, and I can't view the image of the actor for Ironhide. :(  Although I haven't seen The Crow, that guy you suggested for Starscream does look the part, to say the least. And Kenneth Branagh would make an equally "sophisticated" Megatron, especially if you take his performance as Loveless in Wild Wild West as a basis.

Thanks for the input, guys! :D 

5. Allsparky

Allsparky Denied

Michael Clarke Duncan-Movie Ironhide
    Tony Jaa-Sideswipe or some other badass fighter bot
    Jet Li-Blurr

6. Allsparky

Allsparky Denied

Steve Martin in his old SNL days (two wild and crazy guys) and Jim Carrey in his old In Living Color days as Mudflap and Skids.

7. TylerMirage

News Credits:
    Hmmm... Michael Clarke Duncan as Ironhide could work. Although, depending on how Bulkhead is depicted in Transformers: Prime, I could see MCD being a good Bulkhead too. Big, imposing, deep voice. I was even thinking of Ron Perlman, Clint Eastwood or Michael Chiklis as Ironhide. Seem like they could pull off being the gruff, rough-'n'-tumble war-horse.

I came up with some more ideas:

Perceptor: David Hyde Pierce (he just screams "Perceptor" to me)

Blaster: Will.i.am

Kup: Ernest Borgnine

Tidalwave: Brad Garrett

And not only do I think that Kenneth Branagh could make a good Megatron, after seeing him as the traitorous Iago in Shakespeare's "Othello", I think he'd make an even better Starscream! :drool: 

And please, continue the suggestions!

8. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

G1 Optimus Prime: Aaron Eckhart (charismatic leader, all-American type, can be humorous at times)
    Bayverse Optimus Prime: Liam Neeson (charismatic leader, the room shakes with gravitas each time he speaks, and he can go fully-psychopathic and still seem heroic a la Taken)

G1 Megatron: Tommy Lee Jones (this guy knows how to milk his screen time and yell and scream)
    Animated Megatron: Ricardo Montalban (he can play this identical to his his Star Trek II performance)

G1/Animated Starscream: Cillian Murphy (the Scarecrow was believably evil and sadistic when bullying inferior opponents, and he was utterly cowardly and weak when faced with Batman or a girl with a taser)

Soundwave: Robert Patrick (as the T-1000 he somehow found a way to be evil while being monotone, emotionless, and without changing his facial expressions)

Shockwave: David Warner (I don't know what Corey Burton looks like, and I really think Warner looks exactly like what Shockwave would look like)

Shrug. We're clearly awaiting some DOTM news...