Customs: What head would be good for a Classics Trailbreaker?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Lucs, Nov 23, 2008.

1. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    Hey guys I'm working on a Classics Trailbreaker from Ironhide, I finally found a second one! What are my head options along the A/E/C and above toylines? I'm looking for G1 cartoon accuracy and it would be nice to find a force field projecter for a deluxe sized bot, which I'll be mounting on his shoulder, not his head

Thanks in advance

2. catch22

catch22 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I've been looking for one to use as well. Alt Rollbar's head is the definitive Trailbreaker head to me, but it'd need to be shrunk down using Hydroshrink or something. That's beyond my capabilities, though, so unless someone takes it upon themselves to do this and start selling them I'm at a loss.

3. sk8colton

sk8colton Active Member

i used a movie salvage for my custom trailbreaker

4. Massdestruction

Massdestruction Instrument of Destruction

I used a Cybertron Red Alert for my Trailbreaker.
    [​IMG]

5. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    Yeah I'm feeling this idea a lot. I'm thinking I may go cheaper/easier and go with RID Hightower (the red one) He has a visor although it's more jzz style but it might work. I also have a bid for a hydroshink version of the alt one out there but I'd would be cheaper to get more people in on it PM if interested

6. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

I'm planning on using RID Grimlock actually... the green excavator?

He's got a boxy head that won't require too much modding, with a rectangular visor, and something that looks sort of like a grin on his face (consistent with Trailbreaker's jovial manner).

zmog

7. Rhinox555

Rhinox555 Insert clever joke here.

One option would be a modded Hound head.

8. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    Have you tried shaving the sides of RID GL yet? Can you shave them off without leaving big holes? I haven't made the leap into using any putties or fillers yet but I guess this would be a good time to start

What base mold are you using for your Trailbreaker?

I agree that TB would be sweet with a grin on his face :thumb 

9. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

You could easily trim the stuff off the sides without leaving any gaps. That GL head is pretty much completely solid plastic!

Honestly, I kind of like those side vents, and the way they add some bulk to the head. I'd be afraid the head would look too simplified otherwise. I was planning on shaving the "teeth" off the brow of his helmet though (which are supposed to echo the teeth on his shovel... ever notice that the RID build team's helmets all resemble their vehicle modes?)

I'm sort of torn over what mold to use... a modified Animated Ratchet could make a really good Trailbreaker (see digibashes here)

Though I'm also really liking FAB Movie Ironhide as a bashing base... the vehicle mode actually looks surprisingly good next to Deluxe-sized Autobots, and the robot mode has some bulk, which I always associated with Trailbreaker. I see him as sort of a big, awkward, but jovial guy.

I took some pictures a while ago as a mock up of what I might like to do... I haven't figured out how to attach the new arms yet, but I like the way that mold's pre-existing arms make for a good backpack/forcefield generator base. :) 

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Universe Ironhide isn't a bad base either. No doubt by the time I finally get around to this project, Hasbro will have announced their own Trailbreaker... grr. ;) 

zmog

10. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    Thanks for the info on Grimlock's head. I haven't attempted to pull it apart yet. It's funny though, I did just notice that the Buildteam heads look like their vehicle modes last week, pretty awesome idea. I always wonder how they can keep putting out new heads that are different from past ideas