Customs: What head or parts do you need?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by C. Wallace, Jan 8, 2011.

1. C. Wallace

C. Wallace Freelance Artist

So I have been setting up to produce some cast heads for customs TF's.

First up is a three part casting of the supreme Starscream head. The three pieces keep it just like an original, so it's hollow, easy to light, with the option for clear cast eyes in any color.

Doing some Alt/BT & Classics/Universe heads too, as well as custom Unicron head, which I'll be posting shortly in the Radicons customs forum.

Some other little custom accessories for different TF's are also in development.

Anyway, my question is what do you need, or would you like to see? What head castings do you need as a base for your own custom head/s?

Please remember, we are not talking about G1 replacement parts and such, but items that will come in handy for custom work.

So LMK and I'll see if I can add it to my lineup:) 

2. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I could use a Slipstream head like the one in WhiteMocha's Botcon digibash thread.

3. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I know people have asked for the mp starscream hands and one person wants hands and a forearm. Articulating hands is the hotspot for casts. I know I could use some. I'll try another attempt at hand builds that I can send for casting for certain deluxe sizes I need and others might find useful.

4. hrothgars

hrothgars Autobot Scout

I am in the market for BT/Alt Brawn, BT/Alt Gears, BT/Alt and/or Classics Huffer, and both a Masterpiece Inferno & Grapple based upon the MP Prime head.

5. C. Wallace

Not sure how much custom sculpting I will be doing...my intent was more along the lines of what heads would YOU as customizer need s a based to make your own custom heads.

As for hands, I am working on Unicron hands, and I am looking to get some original Primus hands to work from too...I have MP Prime hands on the short list too.

6. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    In that case, I'd say the Viper twins from OTFCC '03. That's a good feminine head without too much clutter. Plenty of room to customize. I'd buy about 5 at the start.

7. Overhaulimus

Overhaulimus Sword of Fury!

News Credits:
    Classics Hound's head is a good base head for customizing, so you could check into casting that.

Uni2.0/RTS BIS Cyclonus is popular for Brawn heads, so you could look into that for casting as well.

8. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    wfc cliffjumpers head

several people are wanting it to put on their classics cliffjumper body

9. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

If there was something to make a really good Generations Red Alert head out of (beyond the one it comes with) that'd be good. Can't think of anything at the moment, though.

As for casts of existing heads--I wouldn't mind a Myclone Arcee head cast. I know it's been offered in the past through others, but it's always too expensive. Still trying to finish up an Animated Blurr I've turned into Arcee.

Which brings up the question. How much would you charge to make a head for something, say, deluxe in size?

10. stratonrye

stratonrye Maximal

Is there any way you could cast any articulated Gundam-style hands? Like 90s 1/100 HG hands or early 2000s MG hands? Those MG hands have cool ball jointed thumbs and all the others are individually articulated. Basically any 1/100 sized hands like that have (at the very least) movable pointer fingers, grouped other three, and a stationary thumb. I have like all of the 90s Hg Wing Gundam kits if you need any to borrow a pair to cast.

11. Ellamin

Ellamin Moonbeam Dreamer

News Credits:
    Nice FEMME HEADS!

12. C. Wallace

I single piece small head casting would probably be about $7-8 shipped.
    Commissioning molding and casting would be a different story. If you had a head that size you needed reproduced, you're looking at about $25 for the mold.

I am actually on the hunt for some original Gundam hands to do exactly that, so yes, if you want to donate a set of hands for casting, just PM me, be happy to send you a set or two back with the original too.

13. stratonrye

stratonrye Maximal

Cool! PM sent. Glad that I might be able to help you. Also, what about casting Straxus' hands? I mean you'd have to get nails or something to act as pins but those are also some pretty cool hands that people might like to have too. Wheeljack (the board member) has a tutorial on how to articulate the fingers on Sector 70 that I happened to do and now my Straxus has all moving fingers. I'd offer to send you those to cast too but I didn't to the best(straightest) job cutting the fingers apart to make them move separately. Just thought I'd throw another idea out there.

14. siniquezu

siniquezu Well-Known Member

I could use a nemesis prime/convoy (mastadon beast wars) head

15. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Machine Wars Thundercracker head in scout and deluxe

Energon Shockblast in deluxe

WFC Soundwave in deluxe and voyager

Generations Thunderwing in voyager

16. darktremere

darktremere G1 Fanatic

17. Quickwing

Quickwing Devasia Mentality

YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    How about the Classics Gun Megatron KO head, just out of curiosity?

18. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Any word on any of this? I'm really getting close to going back to casting because I need the hands and more heads. Mainly hands right now.

19. aurascope

aurascope Kitbash Resource Indexer

Ebay:
    I don't think you really know how recasting works...
    Not trying to be snarky here.

20. darktremere

darktremere G1 Fanatic

That's Ok, I do know how recasting works, I've supplied some items to Darkov so he could make the molds to recast some parts for me. C. Wallace mentioned that he is a mold maker by profession. It stands to reason that he uses computers for designs in his profession, so he could possibly use whatever program he uses to design a copy of the Four Star Transformer wings. When you have the dimensions for the wing use that to make a master copy and from that a mold. Wouldn't it be nice to have some more variety for customizing? The actual Four Star Transformer parts go for quite a bit on Ebay, when you are able to find them.