What have you taught your family members?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by guard convoy, Mar 13, 2010.

1. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    ok, over the years, what do your family members know about transformers from learning from you:

for me i turned my 14 year old brother into an all-knowing freak (not as much as me though haha) he knows g1, bw, and the jazz (he knows masterforce for the most part as well, heck he can only recognize darkwing and dreadwind ad Hydra and Buster hahahahahahaha)

both my parents and brothers know who fort max is and stuff like unicron and all that jazz (me and my half-bros fault, he grew up with g1 so my dad already went thru all that back then haha)

so yea, what have you blessed your family and friends with?

2. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Food Truck or BMW Moderator

News Credits:
    After about 13 years, I think I've finally taught my dad that "the cool walking one I got for you when you were a kid for your birthday" actually has a name. And it's Trypticon.

3. Kando

Kando Well-Known Member

My mom started watching Beast Wars before I did.

She taught me a few things.

4. Rodimus Primal

Rodimus Primal Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I made it a stipulation to date me that a woman has to watch every G1 episode there is. Well 5 years later she's watched almost everything Transformers and we're getting married on May 23. My brother used to hunt for certain items for me at conventions and my sister even has a Decepticon symbol on her car(next to her firefighters symbol). My mother still says "Wheelie's my favorite, and Springer, Grimlock, and Pipes too!" (she's not that knowledgeable but she does know them).

5. The_Black_Sheep

The_Black_Sheep Willyna...

News Credits:
    My Bro (who is 28 years old mind you) has become a massive TF Fan through me. He watched BW back in the day & now luvs fiddling with all my figures (G1 through to the newest ones). He's even become fairly knowledgeable on my Late Japanese G1s (lucky he has no idea how much they cost... :lol ).

6. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    Dah, I've taught my cousins that in ROTF:

The big ass one that ate the pyramid and had wrecking balls had a name: Devastator.

The badass one that was a corvette is called Sideswipe.

The tightass one that were motorcycles are called Arcee.

I've also taught them that I hate calling Prime "Optimus." Especially in the BayVerse. It seems so informal for a leader like him... <:( 

7. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    my younger brother, while he isn't the Big fan I am and doesn't collect he knows G1 fairly well and i teach him anything he isn't sure on and my mom i have taught enough so she can recognize a transformer 9 times out 10 when she sees one.

8. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
    My brother likes TF's okay, but doesn't want to have "that" much knowledge..so I've taken it upon myself to educate my nephew, who's now 5!! He has books, DVD's-G1, TFA and both movies, also we go bot shopping together and I keep him in TF clothing. :bay 

9. Dran0n

Dran0n miss me w/ that

News Credits:
    Nothing much. Though a lot of my friends' knowledge came from me.

10. Hiro Prime

Hiro Prime Cybertronian Guru Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I taught my folks that buying "childish toys" for 25 years leads to a huge collection worth more money than their house and two vehicles combined. Now instead of trying to get me to throw out that silly collection, they try to get me to sell it.

11. ThaConqueror

ThaConqueror Rock! Robot Rock!

My older brother can remember the difference between Soundwave and Shockwave! It's a start at least...

12. doomtron

doomtron Hunter

News Credits:
    ive showed my sons everything tfs. the particilarly liked bw and the and the 1986 movie. my dad really like the mbay movies

13. tf7

tf7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Dad thinks that every transformer's name ends in a 'tron'.

So far my family just knows that transformers are expensive in a sense, and that it wouldn't be safe to keep buying if you don't have places to keep them. :p 

14. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

Never taught any of my family members anything about Transformers. My parents aren't that interested, and my brother was into Transformers during G1's heyday, he's the one who got me into TFs in the first place... then I turned around and got him interested in TFs again when the 07 movie came out.

I know a lot more about TFs than my brother, though. :p 

15. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW SpongeBob and TTV's MS 2.0

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    My uncle give me his G1 Blaster toy.

16. Sizzle

Sizzle Sparkabot

I don't teach them anything about Transformers. If they want to know something, they can ask, but they never do. It's usually for the same reason that my mom doesn't tell me everything she knows about sewing, my wife doesn't routinely regale me with factoids about cats, and my dad doesn't teach me about model cars.

We all have different interests. It's actually cool like that.

There's no way I could force my wife to watch every episode of Transformers. I'd have never kept her. I just think that's kind of bizarre IMHO. If I wanted to marry someone exactly like me, I would've just married Rosie Palms. Frankly, if I had to compete with my wife for TFs, I'd find that a little annoying.

17. TFormerfan

TFormerfan Maximal

My bro (Younger) knows a little about G1 thanks to me and alot about beast wars.

18. MrSoundwaveGuy

MrSoundwaveGuy I've made a huge mistake

News Credits:
    I've taught my cousin about some Transformers. I've shown him G1 and Animated and we've seen both the live action movies together. I showed him RID one time too. He really got into Animated, he got both seasons on DVD and even bought a few toys, he also has season 2 of G1 DVD too.

19. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

Not very much I'm afraid. My Nana likes "the shark guy", (Sky-Byte). My Mom knows who a lot of characters are, but beyond that, she knows nothing. It's mostly my friends that have learned stuff from me. Most of my friends didn't understand some parts of ROTF before I explained a few bits, and they know a lot about G1 and Beast Wars from me.

20. Zherbus

Zherbus In Shogo Hasui, we trust.

News Credits:
    My 4 year old daughter knows pretty much the core G1, movie, and animated cast. If she doesn't, then she'll ask. Then she asks if that particular one is 'mean'. And if I say yes, she'll ask why. My answer is always 'because everything Megatron touches is food for his hunger. His hunger for power.'

My girlfriend still has to ask who most anyone is when watching the movies, but I can't really blame her. She supports my thing though and finds it adorable.

My brother probably knows most of the core G1 cast as he followed me through G1 when we were kids.

My parents probably only remember a few small details from when my brother and I were kids. We never had a huge amount of them. I had a huge box of Joes, but my TF collection combined with my brothers wouldn't have fill up a BBTS-sized box... and half of them were Go-bots. :(  Hey, but we had Puzzler!