"What have you done?"

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by ironhidefangirl, Jun 30, 2011.

1. ironhidefangirl

ironhidefangirl "I needed that!"

I thought Ironhide's death was absolutely brutal and shocking. I knew who was going to kill him and all, but actually seeing what just something else. He has been my favorite Autobot throughout all the movies, and seeing him go out like that was just horrible. My much younger friend, who watched the movie with me, is a Bumblebee fan but she was bawling her eyes out at Ironhide's death. I'm kinda surprised I didn't cry, but maybe I was too shocked.

2. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    yes and still ppl watn mroe brutal deaths in the movies to satisfie their own needy "in their own mind what a good TF movie is ".

3. Nightmare966

Nightmare966 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I agree. But unfortunetely, things happen like this at real wars.

4. Driftscreen

Driftscreen Not-So-Mini-Con

I knew it was coming. I thought I had prepped my self. My Orig. movie Ironhide fig had been on my bedside table all week. Nothing helped.

That is why I feel that this movie is better than the first. When Jazz died I was bummed because out of the lot I thought "why Jazz?"

I didnt think...holy crap how brutal and graphic...and that is what seperated Ironhides death outside of the rest for me. As a kid I loved the tough guys...Ironhide, Brawn, ect. And as such always used to fast forward during their deaths during the original movie. Ironhide's death hit me as hard. He had just bossed two Dread's (spolier, but seriously, like you dont already know...) and then this?

Very sad and very moving...

5. ironhidefangirl

This. His scene with the Dreads was just full of badassery.
    "Do we have a problem here?" Or something like that...
    "Class dismissed." OMG! Soooo badass.
    My eyes were glued to the screen during his death, and I was like "oh my god, oh my god, oh my god..." A little embarassing though to have a 10 year old next to me bawling her eyes out. XD

EDIT:
    Me and my friends were joking about our favorite characters died (Jazz and Ironhide), and now it was time for my other friend's fav to die: Bumblebee. But no, I wouldn't want that to happen. I love Bee too!

6. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

I had avoided all spoilers leading up to the film, so I had no idea it was going to happen. A silent voice inside my head yelled out "NOOOOOOO!" when Sentinel shot him. I just sat with my mouth wide open as it all kicked off and SP started going beserk. I was genuinely shocked.

7. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    I'd heard the spoilers so I knew it was coming, I just wasnt expecting it to be quite so graphic.
    Killed by a cowardly sneak attack too, didnt even have the guts to do it to his face.

8. Driftscreen

Driftscreen Not-So-Mini-Con

Your not alone. My eyes got quite moist as well. However it was as I held back a tear that I realized that Bay had done a good enough job of adapting a character that I actually was moved by i with a live actions character's death that i then realized Bay has actually created some sort of character development lol.

9. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Ha, yeah, you don't know what you got til it's gone I guess.

10. spiritprime

spiritprime Dudes, I'm a girl!

News Credits:
    Brutal and shocking.

While I expected it, I didn't think he'd... I kept screaming in my head asking, "Why, Bay? Why did it have to be him?"

Watching him melt away and his head rolling... I just don't know what to say.

My jaw dropped and I spent the rest of the film with my mouth covered by my hand. I tried not to cry, but it was so hard to not too. So I saved my tears for later.

I got home, and literally broke down.

11. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    The death was brutal, shocking and a tearjerker. You know what would have made it better though, and helped with making it overall a better movie? IF THEY SHOWED ANYONE CARING. FFS, JAZZ got more attention! And he just got carried around a bit and an "Awww, Jazz". Ironhide was one of the mains, Optimus' best friend, and yet we got absolutely nothing. It's shocking how something so obvious is just not in the movie, not even a reaction from Optimus later on where he reacts to the news.

12. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    Even though I knew it was coming - it happened way too fast for me to really process. It didn't really affect me, but the little boy sitting next to me was NOT happy at all.

13. Creaky

Creaky King of Puppies

News Credits:
    It's a tribute to this Ironhides badassery that only a sneak attack could take him down.

Really brutal theway he disintegrated. :( 

I just wish Prime had brought him up in the final conflict. First he puts a shot through sentinels chest, then puts the gun to his head "This is for Ironhide" BLAM.

Would've worked, I think, since Prime and ironhide seemed to be tight in the movies to the point where Prime lets him tell him what to do "Make something of yourself."

Ironhide has probably been my favourite autobot in these films. Sad to see him go down like that, but probably more fitting than his pathetic 86 movie death. In a one on one fight, he'd have given Sentinel a run for his money, and I think Sentinel knew that after the Dread fight.

14. ironhidefangirl

Yeah. A cheapshot to the back.

15. ironhidefangirl

Yeah, ikr? I was so happy that everyone, including Ironhide, had a personality! That scene where Optimus was giving the SecDef the silent treatment, and how Ironhide smacked OP's smokestack with the statement, "He's pissed." I was so sad to not see anymore of Ironhide's improved character!

16. ironhidefangirl

Haha, niether was the little girl next to me.

17. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    the betrayal of SP was probbaly mroe hurting then the death of IH. Its war...ppl/bots are going to go down.

18. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    I don't mind that he died. That's the thing I wanted to see. I just wish they would have shown anyone reacting to it, like Sam and Lennox screaming his name. Especially Lennox, since he's close to 'Hide. Then after Sentinel's rampage, show the others arriving and reacting in total shock to both Ironhide's death and Sentinel's betrayal. It's such a no brainer scene, wouldn't even have needed to be that long, and the fact that it's not in the movie is mind boggling.

19. rapid_fire

rapid_fire Banned

I held it together untill is head fell off, then I kinda cried lol

my girlfriend cried as well while smiling, we both knew he was gonna die, but it was a brutal death, and one of our fav characters. poor ironhide

20. springerbee

springerbee Well-Known Member

I was too distracted by my mom asking me, "Who was that who got shot?" to be shocked.