What have you done with your TF 2007 Movie Leader Prime?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Sportimus, Jul 22, 2010.

1. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It seems that, despite it being somewhat frustrating to transform, the new TF2 Leader Prime surpasses the 2007 movie Leader Prime in many ways. For those who have 2007 Prime, what have you done with yours? Do you still have it? Do you still like it? Still play around with it? Stick in storage, forever to be ignored or even forgotten? Sell it off? What? :) 

I was going through some moving boxes, and I found mine. Covered in dust and bits of packing material littering it here and there. I actually felt bad for the big fella. He was the first movie figure I bought, along with the Voyager Prime, and he was prominently displayed in my new collection. Now he pales in comparison to the new one, as he is not nearly as movie accurate or even posable like the new version is. He deserves a spot to be seen, but where? For now, he stands alone on my desk. Whatta cool figure this was in his day, which really wasn't that long ago.

2. perithimus

perithimus Well-Known Member

I sold mine off when I first saw what the new leader Prime looked like.

3. Optimal Primus

Optimal Primus Enabler

News Credits:
    I'm curently selling mine in the junkion exchange. :wink: 

4. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

I have four different versions of him (first, Premium, Nightwatch, and a custom) and I've got them all on display. I honestly don't care about movie accuracy. A cool toy is a cool toy and this guy's still awesome to me!

5. katch26

katch26 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I just got the nightwatch to act as my movieverse nemesis
    Prime..... Made me dig the mold all over again

6. MetroBub

MetroBub 49ers Fan

If we are only talking Leaser Class. I still have my 3 versions from the first one NW, Prem. and the reg. ...

We need a cheap POP smiley LOL just kidding :thumbs2: 

Agreed.

I also have the ROTF only the first one because thats when things got rough for me and i didnt get to into the movie figures that much.. But if i had the money, id buy the repaints as well........

7. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Mine is prominently displayed next to ROTF Prime along with MP Prime, MP Magnus, Shoe Prime, Animated Deluxe Prime (signed by David Kaye) and 25th Ann. prime.

While the ROTF version is more movie accurate, both are wonderful transformers.

You know that's a great idea.

8. Blackout32

Blackout32 Subdivisions

Mine is actually at the very very bottom of my shelves hidden in the back. He sort of don't fit that well with my other stuff. I still like the figure but hes not as cool as the recent 1 that came out even though I also have the SAME figure in the repaint known as nightwatch prime.

9. Sam Witwicky

Sam Witwicky Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Using it as a paperweight. No I sold my long ago.

10. hotrod422

hotrod422 Well-Known Member

I sold my original, and kept the premium. I plan to keep that one. I also have an original MISB, along with a ROTF in MISB.

11. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    I still have mine on display along side ROTF Leader Prime. The 2007 Leader version is still a great toy so I never saw the need for me to get rid of it.

12. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    He's still on Display in my wall of Primes. He's a good enough representation of movie Prime there, my ROTF Leader Prime is on Display with Leader Megatron, Leader Starscream and the Movie HA Collection. Kinda f'd up that Prime is flanked by Sideswipe, Bee, and Skids (and soon to be Mudflap and Jazz), while Megs and Screamer are stuck with just Barricade to back them up.

13. Nez Pierce

Nez Pierce @evildanish

News Credits:
    The first release is loose on a shelf in my office. Nightwatch Prime is still sealed...elsewhere...in that same office.

14. springerbee

springerbee Well-Known Member

The only 2007 Leader Prime I got was the Nightwatch one. I pretend he's Ultra Magnus.

15. supervir2

supervir2 Feels like the kid in Big everyday.

News Credits:
    I have him in my Prime display, but he is on the chopping block if anyone wants to bite. While I appreciate him - was awesome before the ROTF version came around - he just doesn't have a place in my collection anymore. Frankly, I don't like the movie figs THAT much, so one movie prime is enough for me:) 

16. salmonman78

salmonman78 Mordin, my hero

My wife surprised me with mine( she always seems to somehow get me a Prime a year lol) and since I got my RotF one not too long ago hes gonna be put into a storage bin along with movie1 Megs.

Excellent figure but can do so much more with the new one.

17. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Haha! We have started a tradition now where my wife gets me a Prime for my birthday. Last year, she got me ROTF Prime. This year, she got me MP-04. THAT is love, my friends!

I still have mine on display at the moment. I'm going to be purging a bunch of my figures and putting them into storage until we get a house. The collection, which I love, is just getting too big, so some go into storage and the newer and favorite guys stay out.

18. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

I never bought the ROTF version simply because I thought the original one (which I got loose complete and mint for $5 from a friend) was pretty good and had three things ROTF didn't: rubber tires, a gun, and individual finger articulation. I also was banking on Buster Prime getting released stateside, but that fell through because Hasbro just gave him hooks instead.

19. metrotitan

metrotitan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I sent him to college. He's pulling a 3.8 GPA at Stanford. Its looking like a good investment at this point.

Seriously.....he's sitting on my big 'ol CRT HDTV getting radiation poisoning. My cat already knocked him off once, but he didn't break. I kind of hope it happens again one day so I can throw him out.

20. Powersa

Powersa Car Robots

News Credits:
    still have it on display in corner spot
    well worth it