What have you done to prepare for the upcoming "drought"

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by guard convoy, Jun 23, 2009.

1. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    okay, we know after the first movie product flew off the shelves. Now, the stored overordered this time, but you never know what is going to happen. what have you done to prepare for the chances of a drought.

i have stashed away a skids and mudflap at my local wal-mart that i plan to buy when i get the cash, cause they are shortpacked and will go fast.

2. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

I have this incredible feeling of deja vu. :confused: 

3. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    I'm hoping I can grab The Fallen off of HTS, but that's about as far as I'm going with ROTF toys until my other big purchase can be made (not saying anything about that one, just that it's not TF related and expensive)

4. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Stashing toys is kinda sad. Why deny somebody else the opportunity to buy him just cuz you cant afford him? I prepared by buying everything I wanted before the movie came out

5. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    i know it is kinda sad, but right now i don't got much spending money so i can't get much currently, and i don't want to miss out on them two

and there were several, i was just saving one of each for me. anyways i got a nice suprise at my local wal-mart, and if i had the spare cash i would have bought them. there was randomly two animated shockwaves and one skywarp, guess they finally got out some of the old stock

6. iamamachine

iamamachine colonyofcells

News Credits:
    I already bought all the rotf scouts, fabs, deluxe, voyager, leader, Superion that came out except for Scout Reverb and Human Alliance Bumblebee which I will get later. I actually don't like the ones with the human figures bec. I hate the humans in the movies. To have more money for toys, I am not watching the movie and will wait for the DVD.

7. TheFallen

TheFallen Megatronus

News Credits:
    I bought most of the toys I was interested in the only major ones left are Leader Prime, Mudflap, Arcee, the purple bike, scalpel and maybe soundwave.

8. ORIO

ORIO Team Sentinel Prime Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Only ones I need to pick up before midnight drops are Leader Megs, Fallen and now, Jetfire.

Gonna hit a coupla Wally Worlds after the movie tonight and pick up one, two or all three.

9. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    They're just toys. You'll find them eventually. As I said I a thread just like this last week...I didn't start collecting TF's from the first movie till November. And I bought, found or seen every single deluxe/voyager/and leader in stores. Patience is very cool.

Ohh, and drink plenty of water.

10. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    I got the one figure I wanted most from the line at retail the other day (The Fallen) as well as one of the other's I was rather looking forward to (Starscream), so though I do hope I can find the figures I had to pass on that I was really wanting (such as Sideswipe, Ravage) or couldn't find (Mixmaster) I'm ok in having what I wanted most.

11. giga-galvatron

giga-galvatron Decepticon S.T.A.G ******

Ok fellas I wasnt gonna buy any but FUCK IT, I know after the movie I will want to buy some.

12. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    What drought? What the hell are you talking about?

Seems more like some kind of unfounded paranoia to me...

13. Kup-is-Dion

Kup-is-Dion Lord Cthulhu

I still have not bought any movie figs, and will continue not to. You can have any I might have bought, if I liked the movie figs!

14. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I hope there is a drought cuz I need to slow down . . . my wallet is empty!!!

15. Necrocom4

Necrocom4 Well-Known Member

this is exactly why i wanted the twins first. i got skids first a couple weeks ago and mudflap just showed up friday. i knew that if i didnt grab them now they would be hard as hell to find later. i have a feeling they will be favorites to alot of kids. i did pick up sideswipe with mudflap on friday. just as an added bonus to myself. plus i really like them and im looking forward to seeing them in the movie. i think you did right by stashing them away from a couple snotty brats that will do nothing but completely destroy them. either that or from some dickhead that does nothing but buy toys cheap from walmart just to try and sell them on ebay for 10x the price. god i hate people that do that.

16. megatronkicksas

megatronkicksas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I dunno honestly, I'm going to need to ride my bike to Target everyday to find Jetfire, then I won't care.

17. the (H)i(GH)con

the (H)i(GH)con raver-in-diguise

When I was young, I tried the toy stashing thing. It never worked. When I went back to buy what I stashed, it was always gone from the place I stashed it. I doubt there's gonna be a drought anyways. There seems to be plenty of TF's on the shelves at every store I go to. What I REALLY hope happens, is the stores ended up buying too many and they become shelf warmers and go on sale fairly quickly, as I currently need a bunch of the same molds for projects I want to start soon that my budget might not allow otherwise. I'm not holding my breath though, since usually they only put the stuff I don't want on sale.