What Have TFs Done For Me? - TFSource Article

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Maz, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Maz

Maz Square One TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    I would like to think that all of us can point to at least one example of how the Transformers toy line, shows or comics has improved our lives. Whether it has been through the happiness of meeting like-minded enthusiasts or the ownership of excellent toys, the enjoyment of well-written comics or admiration of tremendous artwork, surely we can all point to some aspect of the brand and hobby which brings us happiness. I would like to think if you’re reading this, it’s because of a choice you have made to give part of your time to the hobby.

I think it’s fair to say that over the course of the last 5 years, most of the above has been discussed either by myself or by our contributors, and the joy of Transformers is not an uncommon topic on forums or social media either. I myself have made reference to the wonderful UK pub gatherings that came to be about 3 years ago and have brought a valuable extra dimension of enjoyment to the hobby for me. My enthusiasm for the toys and the brand generally should be evidenced in many years of online articles and participation in the Transformers fan community. I certainly cannot count myself as unique when it comes to the great friends I have made as a result of the hobby, either, so what’s this article all about, then?

What Have Transformers Done For Me? | Source Blog <- CLICK TO READ

[​IMG]

All the best
    Maz

2. Sponge

Sponge Herald of Unicron

News Credits:
    Massive congratulations, hope it's everything you hope it is!!

And I hope the new job doesn't keep you from knocking out new articles with tasty pics on occasion ;) 

3. Flash1087

Flash1087 Department of False Hope

Ebay:
    Beautiful article, and congrats on the job - I do copywriting for a marketing firm here in the States and frankly I love it. Let us know how it turns out, huh?

4. Liminality

Liminality Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Congratulations are in order!

But first, let me again thank you for your articles and how the topic of toys relate to our lives; not just as a hobby but something more concrete and more relevant.

Being in the education sector as well, I find some parallels between my gains from the hobby and yours (although obviously mine to a much smaller extent) and I hope to be able to push the boundaries of my comfort zone as well.

For now though, I'm happy to just guide my little ones through the complex world of Transformers.

5. UndertakerPrime

UndertakerPrime Your cadaverous palor betrays an aura of forboding

Maz, I loved reading this and I'm happy that TFs have been such a positive influence on your career. I'm actually at a similar career crossroads right now; after living in Georgia for a quarter-century, I moved to Indiana along with my family in May, and I've had a hell of a time finding a job in my field (telecommunications). I just found out on Monday I got a position with the Indiana Department of Transportation and it's been a huge relief.

TFs have not really influenced my career, however. That distinction goes to the movie Tron, which inspired me to pursue computer graphics, which subsequently became CAD drafting and my telecom career.

Anyway, Iceland...wow. I've been to southern Norway many times and I think the climate is similar, but it's still going to be a huge change. Good luck to you, and I hope this doesn't mean the end of your TFs articles :thumb 

6. Starscream 91

Starscream 91 Mech With A Mouth

News Credits:
    Great article Maz.

I haven't really found what I want to do as a job for the rest of my life. I was thinking for the longest time of writing. I love writing stories and I think Transformers as influenced that heavily. I already love writing action romance stories but then I moved on to tell my own stories of the Transformers. I've just been so influenced by the many stories told over the years and all the new figures and lines that have come out.

So I guess what Transformer have done for me, is to keep the flame lit on a passion of mine that I hope to one day make a career out of.

7. Fallout

Fallout ꧁꧂

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    i guess that explains the thundercracker avatar, lol

8. Starscream 91

Starscream 91 Mech With A Mouth

News Credits:
    I don't get it.

9. Fenrir Zero

Fenrir Zero Follower of JG1 lore; collector of G1 toys

Good luck on your Icelandic adventure, Maz! I am personally hoping this will not take a long time, but I am planning to establish an overseas start-up business. And one of my goals is to use some of my profits helping those who struggle in school because of financial reasons, or just need a positive push in a creative direction. :) 

As for a little tidbit...

To be honest, for me at least, all the franchise has helped me do is meet some great people who are into this. And even though I am a first generation fan, I know that I will never reach that status where other fans will want to meet me, or whatever. The ones that tend to respond act arrogantly immature towards anything I say that is also something they decided to hate. I am used to it, which has me just change gears.

But what has me move forward is that one thing you once said. Which was "Collect what appeals to you." As in define yourself as both a collector and a fan, respect others who do just that, and always hope that doing so helps you accomplish your goals.

(In my case, it will be AFA graded updates to what I did like as a kid.)

So thanks for that motivation. And once again... Good luck. :thumb 

10. Fallout

Fallout ꧁꧂

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    idw thundercracker in his current arc has been stranded on earth and has fallen in love with soap operas and writing and writes his own romance and action novels.

11. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Is that last shot of OSKOEOP a nod to us Pubers? NAmecheck us for being awesome! ;) 

12. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    Don't ask what Transformers have done for you, ask what you can do for them! :D 

13. Maz

Maz Square One TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Thanks dude, I very much hope to keep writing TF articles too!

Ah thanks so much, and I am really glad to hear you enjoy a very similar role! You know what I'm like, I am always blabbing about myself in the articles so I'm sure you''ll know :D 

That's incredibly kind of you to say, thank you so much.

Congratulations in order for you too, then!! I can't imagine I'd stop writing about TFs, it's more than just a commitment, it's a passion. But, I did stop between 2008 and 2011, so you never know. I hope not.

Many thanks dude!

And really that is the best you can do, you can use something you love to inspire you professionally, personally, socially etc, I have TFs to thank for all of that.

Thank you so much man, and best of luck to you on quite an amazing project too!

All the pictures I chose are significant for one reason or another, so yes ;) 

I can answer that one too! :p 

All the best
    Maz

14. alldarker

alldarker M.A.S.K. Crusader

News Credits:
    Congratulations on the new job, Maz! It sounds like quite the adventure, Iceland! I remember you often writing about how much you liked going there.

As far as I know (and I know I'm generalizing, so my apologies in advance) the people in Iceland are easy going, with a great sense of humour and a can-do mentality. Also, apart from the volcano's, Iceland's a very safe country and of course it's an absolutely stunning country. Being relatively close to both the US and to Europe can be pretty handy as well for both holidays and trips back to your relatives and friends. Nights tend to get a little log in the winter, though, so make sure you all get enough light in your eyes!

Anyhow, back to Transformers... What they have done for me and still do for me is give me endless hours of pleasure messing around with them, admiring form, function, development and evolution. They've helped me make friends, both back at school in the '80's, and now dealing with other fans through the internet. And hopefully in future, my love of toys in general and TF's especially will help further strengthen the bond with my son, who is now three months and still a little young for TF's!

15. AkibaSilver

AkibaSilver Time Traveller

Congrats on the new job, Maz! Your articles are always a delight, and It's great to see things working out brilliantly for you :) 

16. galvatron1701

galvatron1701 cassette

A wonderful article Maz, thank you.

I cannot say what Transformers has done for me; it's far too personal. All I will say is that whenever things get too much for me, they are always there, offering comfort and support when I most need it (despite the fact that they're inanimate!).

Good luck with new job Maz!

17. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    I'd like to hear stories about what Classics Astrotrain has done for people's happiness :lol 

18. galvatron1701

galvatron1701 cassette

I remember the first time I saw classics Astrotrain. I was so excited! At last, I thought, G1 figures!

I ended up buying the Henkei version. I still love him!

19. Underlord

Underlord God On.

News Credits:
    Clacton UK, where houses randomly explode
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    What a heartwarming article, so nice of you to share your journey. Now you're onto the next chapter, and I wish you all the best. The only thing that comes to mind about Iceland is they bought out Bejam's back in 1989. Or maybe I'm getting a little mixed up :lol 
    But what have transformers done for me? Well, I wouldn't be married with three kids without them!