What has more playability?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by xeno, Aug 18, 2010.

1. xeno

xeno xeno

News Credits:
    Leader class starscream or pcc combaticons and pcc sledge?
    Does the QC on pcc's make whatever playability not worthwhile?

2. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    Leader Class Starscream, in my opinion. More articulation, more sounds and more firing projectiles. The PCC can .... combine.

3. xeno

xeno xeno

News Credits:
    You can't really get to many poses out of his legs without making him look ridiculous. The upper half is very well done, but those legs with that design really hamper articulation. Do you have pcc's? are they really that bad?

4. Dustinticon

Dustinticon Well-Known Member

I have all of the PCC's to date and i love them, some of the limbs fall off sometimes but they are still very fun.

5. xeno

xeno xeno

News Credits:
    See my problem is I have a leader Scream but he feels like a slightly posable statue and I will (most likely) be returning him, it's just a matter of getting what in his stead.

6. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    I don't have either, but I'd rather have Scream any day over PCC.

7. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    Leader screamer. I don't own him but I do own pcc. There is so much more poseability in screamer than a pcc and has a pretty slick jet mode. Plus light and sounds if you are into that thing (I'm not)

8. xeno

xeno xeno

News Credits:
    I apologize if this sounds blunt, but I'd like to base my decision on something other than an assumption.

9. Rattrap

Rattrap Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Leader Starscream. I had all the PCCs, and I returned them all. Leader Starscream is an amazing figure, by far one of my favorites

10. ephbot

ephbot Member

You seem to have made up your mind already, so what's the point of asking?

If it will make any difference, my opinion is that you will sorely regret returning Starscream for some PCCs in a fees months if that, because even though its a fun gimmick in the short term, they don't have nearly the amount of gravitas to count as a "true" gestalt (would anybody put their PCC next to, say, a Superion or Bruticus with Fansproject addons? Forget about it.)

Starscream, on the other hand, is fantastically engineered, looks great displayed next to ROTF Prime, and has more than enough articulation to experiment with a pose that may not look so ridiculous (in your eyes). Thought of looking at how other people pose their Screamers for some alternate display choices?

11. xeno

xeno xeno

News Credits:
    Ephbot, I have not made up my mind and thank you for your answer. Personally his legs cannot get too much variation due to their design. Aesthetically he is unbelievable and the engineering is pretty awesome, it's the playability I am questioning. Yes he has his awesome arm weapons and a well done upper body joint system, but I've looked at many pictures and have owned him for awhile now and not too much variation is too be found. Maybe I'm ignorant and if so, please show me because all I care about is having some honest opinions like yours.

12. TfAnimatedfan

TfAnimatedfan Five. Dollar. Headband.

News Credits:
    Don't let all the PCC hate fool you they're great. If your looking for something that LOOKS mind-blowing then get Starscream, but if you want something that's fun too pick up and fiddle with then get the PCCs.

13. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Dude, I really don't understand what more you want from Starscream. I've gotten him in all kinds of poses, about the only thing that doesn't work is some kind of boring straight-up-and-down pose, which is terribly inaccurate anyway. He can even do "human" and "chicken" leg standing.

I'm not knocking PCCs, in fact I plan to get Sledge, but Leader Starscream is probably my favorite mold ever. He looks awesome, poses awesome, transforms awesome. Think it over. From what I hear, their posing (not to mention standing) is a great deal more limited than Starscream...all they appear to have is the gimmick in terms of playability.

14. xeno

xeno xeno

News Credits:
    Anguirus, Starscream is awesome; as I previously stated he is well designed and his aesthetic is unbelievable. I understand that you like this toy, a lot, and I appreciate your honesty. TfAnimatedfan I'm totally buying Sledge, but is getting the combiner limbs something you'd highly recommend?

15. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I would have to give playability to the PCCs. Everyone gets all in their grill about the Torsos and Drones, but really that's just 1/3 of the figure. You've got minicons, a bot mode, and a vehicle mode to mess around with and they're all poseable and transform in a snap. I find myself fiddling with them all too often and leaving more complicated transformers to collect dust.

Leader Screamer is great too. But it's big and complicated to transform back and forth. For the cost of Screamer you can have four PCCs.

16. PeolesDru

PeolesDru Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Leader SS. My only complaint is that he does not have adjustable wrists and for some reason they often choose in that situation to have the wrists bend the same way as the elbows. So you're basically stuck with ballet poses.

They do that all too often. Like HA Mudflap and Skids.

17. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    I can't stop playing with Leader Screamer. I haven't played with any toy as much as with him since I was a kid. So despite the fact that I don't own any PCCs (Grimstone is the only one I've seen so far that I know I want to get, I may bite on one or two others if they go on sale) my vote goes to him.

18. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Do you really think so? As far as movie toys go, I actually find him to be in the less-complicated/hard category...I honestly have more trouble with the Bumblebees and Voyager-class Constructicons.

However, some people really don't like that about the movie lines...he's certainly not simple, no.

19. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well I can have the PCCs in any mode in about 20 seconds. It takes me eons to get any movie toy bigger than scout into another mode. But yeah Screamer isn't as bad in transformation as say, Leader Prime.

20. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    Leader Screamer's transformation is one of the many things I love about the figure. It's intricate enough to be fun and take more than a few seconds, but it doesn't make me want to pound my head through the wall like, say, Voyager Mixmaster's.