What has more chance of being stolen in transit...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by odeean, Apr 16, 2011.

?

What has more chance of being stolen from in transit?

1. A small box with a few items.

6 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. A huge box with a lot of items.

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. odeean

odeean Infiltrator

News Credits:
    I often worry about the safety of my toys as they travel through the mail system. There are people along the way who may be tempted to steal some of the contents of my toys. In the past I had a bit of a problem with this but getting a PO box fixed it.

My question is, is it more likely that a crook would steal from a small box with a couple of items or a huge box with a lot of items?

2. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    are getting stuff shipped in a clear box lol?

ive never heard of someone opening a box in transit and steal something unless you say on the box there are expensive items do not open.

no unless your packages are being left at your door thats one thing, but along the way being delivered? i dont know.

3. odeean

odeean Infiltrator

News Credits:
    For example BBTS put huge markings on the box saying toys and the value is written on the outside saying $400 - $500 because it has to go through customs. That can tempt people.

4. trionsupreme

trionsupreme Well-Known Member

i used to work at the "big brown" shipping company. big packages would get destroyed often. loose items would find their way to the "lost and found" and get taped back up into the package, but some items wouldn't make it. they weren't "stolen". they were just written off on insurance if they were too damaged and if the customer didnt call to complain.

5. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

QFT.

6. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ahhh my bad, i see you are out of the country, so that makes more sense now.

well yeah a company will have has to declare the correct amount of value for business and insurance purposes as a business and with the USPS.

but no, very rarely does it happen and i never heard of it, but not saying it cant. when you get your box and its all there than awesome, if not then you contact bbts.

just always remember if you think someone has tampered always take picstures before you open it for evidence and proof.

only thing i have heard that can happen sometimes is with highly valued items, they can sit in customs longer but that may have been a case by case situation.

you should also check with bbts or any other online retailer shipping from US to your country what the policy is on loss or damage? they may pay for the insurance or you would have to.

some places might be like once its out the USA no longer our problem.