What happens afterwards?

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by guard convoy, Jun 30, 2010.

1. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    while playing i just got this feeling: in a few years the PS3 will become obsolete and Sony will move on to their new project, which means, like the
    PS2, they will disconntinue internet service for the PS3.......which means multiplayer and escalation for the most part will be made useless.....and that is gonna suck.....i mean, with not providing splitscreen in this game, you practically doomed this game to have nothing to do when PS3 goes offline

2. Metal Maverick

Metal Maverick Well-Known Member

It was only just recently that microsoft canned the support on the old Xbox live, and that service was pretty solid. PS2's online set up was pretty dismall. I'm sure when the PS3 is no longer the current generation they'll still support the online for at least a few years.

And let's not forget that Sony has a ten year plan for PS3. That may be a bit of a stretch, but with their new Move controller coming out I doubt they plan to release the PS4 anytime soon.

But yea, one day WFC and many games like it will no longer be playable online. That's just the way things go. If there's only so many playing them there's no point in paying for the servers.

It's like the dude in Pirates said, "It's nothing personal, just good business."

3. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That isn't going to happen for a while still. Both Sony and Microsoft have said that they are waiting a much longer time before they refresh. I THINK we still have another 5 years on these systems before new ones are announced. I also don't think Sony will kill the internet service so quickly. I honestly wasn't even aware that the PS2 HAD internet. Its a much bigger part of the PS3, so I don't think its going to be "well, its done, we should cut it off now."

I think we have at least...8 years of MP left. Don't worry.

4. Ethereal

Ethereal A Sad Flareon

That's the way things are going though.

With an increasing amount of digital/online content, we can't expect them to maintain servers forever. At some point, all this money we put into 1's and 0's is all going to go away.

Hell, with Steam, we're all boned if they shut down the servers for good. There's no way to play that stuff without Steam running.

Enjoy it, don't worry about it going away. Besides, WfC is Activision. When the PS5, Xbox1080 are the consoles of choice, we'll be on Call of Duty 20: Cybertron with Guitar Hero: Transformers to keep us company.

5. chaosbringer_00

chaosbringer_00 I am indescribable.

I completely agree that there should have been a splitscreen mode. I mean, some people want to actually be in the same room as their friends when playing multiplayer. If one of my friends came over, and we decided to play WFC, he'd have to go back to his house in order to do it. It's kinda ridiculous.

But what frustrates me even more is that so much of the game's content is exclusive to online multiplayer, especially the preorder exclusive characters. I made the (admittedly small) effort of preordering the game to get Shockwave, but there's no guarantee that I'll be able to use him whenever I play the game. I think that they should have made Escalation have a single-player mode. It's just battling waves of enemies...AI teamates would have been fine for something as simple as that, I think.

6. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Didnt Valve say in the event Steam shuts down they would find a way to make the games playable for customers?

But really, neither Steam nor Valve are going anywhere.

7. SavageGrimlock

SavageGrimlock Member

And don't forget Rock Band: Stan Bush.

8. Ethereal

Ethereal A Sad Flareon

Oh, I'm sure they absolutely would. The point is though, they have no obligation to support that stuff.

And Steam makes unholy amounts of money. It's not going anywhere anytime soon.

9. Darth Trader

Darth Trader Well-Known Member

By then, hopefully we will be able to download ourselves into the custom Transformer of our choice and have actual Heavy Metal Battles... Or 3D at the minimum, lol.

10. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    by then we'll have had a few new games, and wfc will be just the first of many