What happened with the 13?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Torque, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    We were getting sooo much information, and now... nothing? What happened to all the juicy 13 stuff? Getting put on hold for the Knights? What's going on with them?

I'm addicted to them, wanna know moooooooooore.

2. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    That's kind of due to TFP being on hiatus for another month. We'll be hearing more shortly, guaranteed.

3. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    Ask Hasbro. They're dead set on telling the story of the Thirteen - they even pretty much took the project away from Furman if I'm correct so they could get it how they wanted it - and time will tell, I suppose.

The way they are approaching the Aligned continuity, it's like that continuity's origins could work for any other continuity before it, bar a few exceptions (Animated, for one example). Same basic plot - Optimus and Megatron were once comrades, split into the Great War, etc. It pretty much happens in most other continuities. Now, with the way they're exploring the Thirteen thus far - particularly in Prime - it appears that this will be the "main idea" for telling the story of the Thirteen. Primus fights Unicron, Primus creates the Thirteen who are able to defeat Unicron, and Megatronus/The Fallen betrays Primus and the Thirteen. And it's always been like that, but Prime will look more intimately into their story - which it has, with Exodus and Exiles, exploring things like The Fallen's original betrayal, the Covenant of Primus, Alpha Trion being one of the Thirteen, each member being the template for future kinds of Transformers (ie beast modes, Mini-Cons, female transformers).

I'd just wait until Prime finishes telling its' version of the Thirteen - that's probably going to be the best and most we're going to get for the Thirteen's story.

4. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Thirteen has been in place since what, 2007?

Five years later, still waiting.

5. 3.8TransAM

3.8TransAM 1989 Turbo Trans AM

It's as lame of a origin as the Primus and Unicron were beings of light who rammed into assteroids(not a typo) and became planets.

Followed closely by the space turd thing that created Unicron.

I still think the only believeable scenario is the Quintesson one and it was the leading one for Generation 1.

People will argue about the comics and Furmans garbage, but the show was seen by a whole lot more people.

6. GFH

GFH The G Squad

News Credits:
    I'm sorry, but the Quintesson origin is weak and lame. Primus creation for the win.

7. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    Quints pissed me off. Took too much away from the main story in Season 3 for my liking. I DO like the concept of the Quints enslaving them and brainwashing them, but I've always liked Primus and Unicron, followed by the 13. For some reason, Cybertronian history always makes me giddy inside. GREATLY looking forward to the Knights of Cybertron, curious to see where that goes :D 

8. IronicHide

IronicHide MEME GO HERE

I just squeeze the Quints in after the arrival and departure of the 13. There were several million years between the 13 and the Great War, happily time for the Quints to turn up, enslave Cybertron, mass produce some TFs, then be overthrown.

Also, I like the 13 from the idea that every Transformer, either faction, has a lineage back to a combination of them.

So... Megtron being an heir to Megatronus / The Fallen; Soundwave having a direct link back to the one (I forget) who kept a record of all space and time; etc.

It explains the vague familial concepts that arise in TF lore and has the potential for some great and revelatory stories if your average TF is not overtly aware of what combination of the 13 comprises them (and some TFs are aware and are proud of it).

9. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Giving up on the fiction.

News Credits:
    Who gives a rat's ass what was seen more? Furman at his worst is still better than 9/10ths of the Sunbow cartoon. Nostalgia does not equal quality. Don't let it cloud your judgement.

Anyway, I don't really care what happened to the Thirteen anymore. I think what we know now is as interesting as it's going to get.

10. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    I don't care what the official version is. I've got my own spin on it...

11. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    ^ heh, same

12. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    IIRC, Furman was talking about doing it at AA2006. Or was it 2008? One or the other anyhow.

The most we've had so far has been in the Exiles novel, and from Botcon panels. So we might hear more in April if not before when the show returns.

13. toaster

toaster It's Hip to be Square !

This !

14. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Indeed. Also Primacron is a stoopid munky.

That's the only way I could ever accept the Quintessons in any way shape or form.

The 13 each being a part of Transformers is a cool idea. Light, Darkness, Evil, Time and Space, Combiners, Female, Beast, Triple changing and Mini-Con. I like it. :thumb 

However I think Alchemist Prime is a waste of a roster, I'd rather have Logos Prime take his spot.

15. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    This is going to be the Transformers equivalent of the Insane Clown Party's Joker Cards and I am going to laaaaaaaaaaaaugh.

16. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

two verisons of 13 story is marvel and g1 tfs cartoon

17. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Well-Known Member

The less info the better. Who wants to know everything? That's when things become boring. I hope they never reveal every single detail about the thirteen because I like the mystery in the back story of the Transformers.

When everything about the thirteen is revealed, I'll expect a different origin for future TF shows.

18. Boulder

Boulder Rock Lord

This seems as good a place as any to ask:

I've never really followed the story of the 13, so maybe someone can poke holes in this theory. In ROTF, The Fallen doesn't seem to know Optimus (who is referred as "The Last Prime" in multiple continuities and in WFC, the ancients (whom I presume are the 13) make reference to Optimus refusing the accept the title of Prime in the past. Is it possible that (a) Optimus is offered The Fallen's position and that (b) this is the source of the split between Megatron and Optimus, that Megatron either wanted Optimus to take the position or was expecting to be named to the council himself?

19. The F.N.G.

The F.N.G. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If I remember everything correctly:

Optimus is "The Last Prime" because he is the most recent in a long lineage of Primes. Him turning down the title of Prime was due to him not believing that he is worthy of carrying the title. Optimus could not ever have been offered the Fallens job, because the Fallen was one of the original Thirteen. He would have been a Prime long before Optimus was even "born". The source of the split between Megatron and Optimus (in Aligned and movieverse continuities) is that Optimus was granted the title of Prime instead of Megatron.

20. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Just doesn't seem like there has been a really good time to delve deeply into the 13 so far.

The movies have not been exactly the best place when it comes to story telling. You had Animated end too quickly to tell the story there, and Prime is only getting into it's second season soon. Considering the first season of Prime was introducing Autobots, Decepticons, and building up to Unicorn throwing in the 13 then might have been too much of an info dump for a first season.