What happened to the movie waves?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Alpha Prime, Jun 3, 2007.

1. Alpha Prime

Alpha Prime Ten Years Strong

I have seen a lot of talk about "megatron is in wave 2" and other things. I would like to say i have seen a couple megatrons and some others that were supposed to be in future waves. So what happened? How come people are seeing stuff from different waves when only wave 1 is supposed to be out?

2. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Waves 1 and 2 were released together.

3. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    yep. stores got wave 1 first, and wave 2 later, but thanks to the street date, both hit shelves at the same time.

4. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't know what is dedicated to what wave, but I know I only saw Wreckage once at a Target, and I have not seen any Megatron besides Legends. I haven't seen the watch real gear, or the game controller. I also haven't seen '08 deluxe BB or normal Voyager Prime.

EDIT: Oh, and, if Megs is wave 2, that just seems out of place to wait and release the main villain, especially for Transformers.

5. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    This combined wave release is messing me up a lot, I saw 5 Blackouts and Ratchets in one store, their only voyagers, and 2 Ironhides and Starscreams at another, again their only ones... Usually the older the wave the higher the priority and now I'm thrown off.

6. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    '08 Bumblebee and Voyager Prime aren't wave 2. I know Prime is in voyager wave 3, and I assume '08 Bee is deluxe wave 3.

And Megatron in wave 2 isn't that bad. Remember Energon? Megatron came out several months after the line started, and even then he was a Wal-Mart exclusive at first.

7. ChrisW

ChrisW Well-Known Member

Most Canadian stores now have Wave 1, but almost nobody has Wave 2. KoolToys does, but to my knowledge they are the only ones who do. Wave 3 is expected in mid-July, but Wave 2's status is unknown.

8. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

I haven't seen 08 Bee yet so I'm guessing wave three as well. Is Arcee wave 2? I haven't seen her yet. And what wave will Ultimate Bee be?

9. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime Roll out! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Swindle and Bonecrusher are Wave 2, and I found those at a Wal-Mart. The only Leader Megatron I've seen was at KB. Nothing else Wave 2 in the form of Legends or Fast Action Battlers, though. FAB Frenzy and 08 Bumblebee are on Target's site, maybe they'll show up soon.

10. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Okay, from what I've seen at my Target while helping stock the stuff:

Leader Class: First let me say that both Megatron and Optimus Prime are in the first wave of Leaders. However, a few of the boxes that we opened (like two out of the four) had only Prime and the other two boxes had Prime & Megatron. Why? Who knows, but I do know that I haven't seen a box marked wave two yet.

Voyager Class: Right now Blackout, Ratchet, Ironhide and Starscream are available at most places. Blackout and Ratchet are wave 1 and Ironhide and Starscream are wave two. Now, part of the problem is the street date. This is making sure that both waves 1 & 2 are being released simultaneously, however, there have also been unmarked Hasbro boxes that contain the Voyagers as well... these seem to have the mixed ratios (1x each of the four) while the ones marked wave 1 have 2x Blackout & 2x Ratchet and the ones marked wave 2 have 2x Ironhide and 2x Starscream. Very strange. Also, Robovision Prime should be out on a seperate endcap sense he's a Target exclusive... so you can get voyager Prime before wave 3 if you want.

Deluxe Class: I didn't stock these so I'm really not sure what the exact ratio per box is, but I know that Protoform Prime, Protoform Starscream, 76 BB, Jazz, Brawl, Scorponok, Barricade & Wreckage are the wave 1 releases. While, Bonecrusher and Swindle are added in during wave 2 and I believe the two Protoforms are the ones pulled to put them in. And, while I haven't seen a wave three box yet, I have heard that wave three inserts 08/09 BB, Arcee & Dreadwing, but I have no idea who gets pulled for them.

Scouts: wave 1 has Hardtop, Arcee & Signal Flare. This is also the only wave I've seen so far. Wave 2 should have the Skyblast & Clocker repaints that we've seen. Personally, the only one I'm interested in is Arcee.

FABs: Wave 1 (only wave I stocked and we got in) has Prime, Jazz, Ratchet, Ironhide, Brawl and Starscream x2 each. The others we've seen are probably waves 2 and 3 (assuming that there is a wave three of the FABs).

I really didn't pay much attention to the Real Gears or anything else. Though I did pick up Softimus Prime for my little girl. Comes in a case of 8 of 4x Softimus and 4x Slumble Bee though we seemed to sell out really really fast.

11. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I think it is a good thing wave 1 and 2 are being released so close together. The entire Movie cast is more or less available in some form or other right now - the upgraded Bumblebee and a larger Frenzy are the only exceptions that I can think of.

12. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

Too be fair to Energon, but wasn't his release along the same time as his first appearancein the cartoon?

13. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    True, but do we really need to be fair to Energon? :p 

14. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

No don't and we shouldn't :) 

15. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Movie Megs eats your soul

News Credits:
    Deluxe Class: The protoforms were part of a preview assortment (like the Star Wars preview figures) and as far as I'm aware, don't ship with the regular movie deluxe figures (none of the cases my Walmart got marked wave 1 had any).
    The next assortment (technically wave 3, but Hasbro might label them wave 4) with Arcee, 08 BB and Dreadwing should be hitting in a few weeks (might see them once the movie hits)

FABs: Wave 2 (which adds Brawl and Ratchet) are also shipping.

Real Gears launched with wave 2, I was able to pick up Booster x10 on Saturday.

16. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Actually, at Target they're part of the same assortments and have the same DPCI as the mainline figures. I'm not really sure why this is though, but it could have something to do with us being 'Transformers Movie HQ' or something.