What Happened To the Last Wave of Real Gears?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Sidecutter, May 11, 2008.

1. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ok, so it's now well into May, and I've seen neither hide nor hair of these (Midnighter, Farsight, and Twitcher, AKA the blue binoculars, black and gray watch, and green game controller). These were due out in February/March per Hasbro's announcement (http://www.hasbro.com/transformers/...em&newsid=AC043FF7-D56F-E112-482E3698EA77402F).

And of course, we all know that's usually a "saturation" date when most people can find them with relative ease, not the release. Normally toys show up a month or two before Hasbro's listed dates.

We're now three months behind that date though. Are there ANY sightings of these at US retail, or is this a wave that has effectively vanished into the ether as far as we know? Did these get a new date announced that I missed?

2. influence82

influence82 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  3. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    I was actually wondering about this the other day, looking to pickup that repaint of Meantime, love that toy.

4. unicronsupreme

unicronsupreme supremest of unicrons

News Credits:
    I bought Twitcher at a Fred Meyer in WA like 3 or 4 weeks ago. I didn't think it was news, but they ARE out there.

5. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    I saw them at a Rite Aid the other day.

6. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

I haven't seen any of those three, which is sad because I did want to pick up Master Twitcher. Doubt it'll ever show up at my Wal-Mart though - all the Real Gears are now on clearance for $5 or $6, I forget which.

7. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've barely seen any of the previous repaint wave and haven't come across these new ones at all in my area.

I think that's the problem in my area as well. The first couple waves of Real Gears are stilll on shelves aren't moving much at all; they sold very fast when the Movie first came out, but sales dropped off rapidly. Stores have too many of them on the shelves still and aren't ordering new product.

8. omega ranger

omega ranger Well-Known Member

I've noticed that the retailers will probably skip this one, considering Target has now officially placed Movie Deluxes at $6.99 (not on sale), and Wal-Mart is clearancing the Real Gears. Animated time!!

I really was looking forward to the Real Gears though. They'll probably be at smaller stores compared to everyone's sightings.

9. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yep, I kind of looked at this angle...and yet, they seem to have actually received MORE of the first wave Real Gears at some stores around here. Which is kind of odd, but not unheard of. So they restocked...with the wrong stuff. Sigh.

10. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I've heard they've been released.

Funny you should say about restocking with earlier product, Sidecutter, since that's exactly what the one place near me with TFs has done on the Movie line. Allspark Power? Incinerator? Nah, let's just put out the first wave. Again.
    Or was it the first time, they took so long moving the Movie Preview toys that it was Wave 3 of the Deluxes before anything new appeared locally.

Gah, this is why I'm glad I got all waves 1 and 2 when I was at Botcon 2007.

11. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just order them from kaybee toys and save yourself the headache. Shipping was like $5.00 and now I own every single real Gear

12. Deathx360

Deathx360 Farewell Dear Friend

News Credits:

That is what I did a month or so ago. This is the only wave of Real Gear I haven't seen at retail and I doubt I will. I just hope I can find a good place to order Premiums Bumblebee since most Wal-Mart's near me are restocking with pre-Allspark figures. Those that do have Allspark figures have a lot of shelf warmers (Payload and Wreckage are the most common).

13. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    They've been here for quite awhile now. I bought mine probably about a month ago. Since they reached my area I figgured they were widespread already...

14. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I did the same things since I hadnt seen them around, plus I did not want to waste my time hunting these down store to store when they are not ones I am all jazzed about. KB is deffinately a good way togo!!