What happened to some of the Autobots or Decepticons from ROTF?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by AllSpark Shard, Jul 30, 2011.

1. AllSpark Shard

AllSpark Shard Squirrel-flattener

Hi. I was wondering exactly that...sorry if there's already a topic like this.

I just was thinking...is there any explanation for the vanishing of some of the characters? I mean, in Dark of the Moon, there are no more Skids & Mudflap, no Jolt, etc.

Maybe there was no explanation in the movie but maybe there is one in another media, like the comics, games, etc.

-What happened to Skids & Mudflap? I think Bay just simply removed them cuz most people hated them.

-Where did Jolt go?

-One of the Autobots girls died in ROTF...Chromia, right? But what about Arcee and Moonracker?

-How did Wheelie's eye heal? Ratchet fixed it or what.

-Long Haul also appears in DOTM and trans-scans a vehicle...really cool scene. Is he the same Decepticon from ROTF?

-What happened to the Allspark shard? I know in ROTF it is attracted like a magnet by Jetfire's body, but nothing more is said about it.

Well, I think that's all...hope to find an answer xD and sorry if the topic already exists.

2. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Sentinel was supposed to kill Skids and Mudflap.

Jolt apparently died in battle. I forget how.

Dunno.

I doubt Ratchet helped, seeing as he couldn't even fix Bumblebee's voice.

I'm assuming it was a Long Haul clone.

No idea.

3. LesterX

LesterX Banned

Moonracer is actually Elita-1.

-They were planned to be killed by Sentinel Prime

-Jolt was killed by Shockwave before the events of DOTM

-They were both repaired, and Elita-1 was later killed by Shockwave. The other two are MIA.

-Most likely.

-No. Constructicons are drones that share body-types.

-One can assume It was absorbed into Jetfire's spark

And no problem, dude.

4. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    Continuity between movies? What's that?

You better go read those prequel and sequel novels and comics boy! You know like every other average Joe did!

5. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Probably Bay had them removed. In the novelization I think Sentinel kills them at the same time he does Ironhide in.

Same place Barricade was in ROTF.

It's implied the Bonecrusher clone that killed one of the bikes actually killed two of them, only leaving the one alive. Bay hated the bikes, though, so he probably had the third one gone from the script before shooting even began.

Maybe, or maybe he had Brains help him fix it later on. It's implied DOTM takes place YEARS after ROTF since Sam is out of college, so that's a long period of time for Wheelie to get fixed.

Probably not since 1)There were actually two Long Hauls: one that becomes Devestator's leg and the other remains uncombined and helps try to hunt down Sam in the middle of the desert battle, 2) both Long Haul's die, the leg-Long Haul presumably dies with the rest of Devestator while the other one gets blown to pieces in the big air-strike, and 3) it's implied the Decepticon that looks like Long Haul actually just came through the Space Bridge connected to the moon. ROTF also implied there were multiple Decepticons that all looked the exact same, especially Constructicons, so that's probably why that one guy looked like Long Haul.

Presumably it just uses the rest of its energies to repower the guy and then becomes just another piece of metal. Same story with Megatron. Moot point by the end of DOTM since both Jetfire and Megatron are dead.

6. AllSpark Shard

Thanks so much, guys for the answers...makes sense

I guess there are some other questions I have:

- How long has it been after ROTF? Like 4 or years since Sam is out of college, right?

- The Allspark Shard from Transformers 1, went missing too? After reviving Megatron, one would think the Decepticons would keep it, but nothing is said about it too.

- Also, did anyone of you noticed something similar to Sentinel's alt mode in DOTM happened in ROTF with Megatron? Before being revived by the Allspark, Megatron already has his Cybertronian Tank mode...doesnt make any sense...he should have generated the alt mode AFTER reviving...

-Same thing about Sentinel...massive plot hole, right? He shouldnt have his alt mode before being revived, at least, it should have been a Cybertronian mode, he should have looked more alien...but he was just like the rest of the movie before reviving.

-What happened to the power of the Allspark in Sam? I heard that in the novel or something it is explained that the power was transferred to the Matrix...

Thanks...I think I have some more questions, but later for that....

7. LesterX

LesterX Banned

Yes, the matrix contains the knowledge of the Allspark.
    I don't think any of those other questions can really be answered, except that it is lazy writing.

8. Kostya

Kostya Destron

News Credits:
    Chromia(Blue bike) was last seen alive but we can presume she died in ROTF's fighting since she never appears again. Arcee and Elita-One where killed on screen though.

Bay hated Jolt so he probably died on a mission between the two movies.

Skids and Mudflap are just gone. Probably killed off screen.

Ratchet fixed it probably.

To sum up, if someone suddenly disappears assume one of two things. 1. Bay hated them and wanted them off the movie. 2. They died off screen at some time.

9. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

2011 or 2012

Megatron absorbed it. Only the sliver is not absorbed by Megatron.

You weren't paying attention. Sentinel didn't have his altmode yet as he didn't have wheel parts.

Megatron was operated by Scalpel using "donated" parts from Scrapmetal.

Yes it did transfer to the Matrix. It was the whole point of the quest. The Allspark wanted Sam to find the Matrix so it would be its vessel.

10. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    Skids and Mudflap annoyed the Autobots soo much Jolt took them off planet with the third wave of Autobots.

11. 13DINO

13DINO JTX_XIII

News Credits:
    -What happened to Skids & Mudflap? I think Bay just simply removed them cuz most people hated them.
    -Your correct that Bay decided to remove them. Story-Wise, they were supposed to be killed by Sentinel but I think they got killed offscreen

-Where did Jolt go?
    -Unfortunately killed by Shockwave offscreen :mad: 

-One of the Autobots girls died in ROTF...Chromia, right? But what about Arcee and Moonracker?
    -Bay stated that all 3 Arcee components died in ROTF

-How did Wheelie's eye heal? Ratchet fixed it or what.
    -Ya you could go with that explanation

-Long Haul also appears in DOTM and trans-scans a vehicle...really cool scene. Is he the same Decepticon from ROTF?
    -Nope. Just a bot with the same body-type.

-What happened to the Allspark shard? I know in ROTF it is attracted like a magnet by Jetfire's body, but nothing more is said about it.
    -Well it obviously (to me) stayed with Jetfire and died with him.

12. AllSpark Shard

Thanks so much again, guys. Very helpful

I have some more questions, I hope im not getting in your nerves xD:

Mostly from Dark of the Moon:

- This one, i know its simply a lil thing ignored in the plot...but shouldnt Bay have included a line or two, for Optimus, after Sentinel revives, to explain how the old dude was able to speak english? If i was Bay, i would have had Optimus say in Cybertronian "Wait, I'll transfer to you the humans' language so you can understand them" and have that cool laser-like beam come out from Optimus eyes to Sentinel's and ta-dah! Sentinel is now a english speaking cybertronian xD

- The Ark...it is supposed to have drifted in space for millennia, right? So, it left Cybertron sometime after the Allspark was sent into space, and it crash-landed on the moon millennia after it was damaged when leaving Cybertron? No one had been alive inside, besides the comatose Sentinel, all those centuries? I ve heard some people say that the Ark left Cybertron in 1961, but i dont think that's the case at all, it would be crazy...Cybertron is supposed to have become a wasteland millennia ago and it was barely uninhabited by the time humans were wearing loincloths xD

-If the Ark left Cybertron shortly after the Allspark, it means the Ark was in space for around 10,000 years?

-How would Sentinel's technology supposedly turn the tide on the war and end it? Teleport the Decepticons to the nearest dying star? xD

-One thing that doesnt make sense to me, is the fact that Soundwave had been on Earth since 1961...why the heck the Decepticons were cooking that "revive Sentinel" plan when they didnt even know where the hell was the Allspark and Megatron? Thats almost 50 years before what happens in the first movie!

- Cybertron was destroyed at the end? I prefer to think it was just its geographic pole that got all screwed up and not the entire planet...

- Again, massive plot hole: Cybertron coming near Earth's atmosphere...I know it was supposed to be at a distance maybe like that of the moon from Earth...but, having a humongous planet like Cybertron come so close, that alone would have screwed up our magnetic field triggering catastrophes worldwide and would have killed us....Wasnt it easier to take the humans to Cybertron rather than bringing the entire planet next to Earth? Humans were going to be taken to Cybertron anyway, no? That Kruger dude is crazy xD

I think thats all for now, thanks again, buddies :D 

13. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

Yes you are.

Matrix is now the Allspark. The Allspark being the repository of TF knowledge. We even heard Sentinel Prime's name in Sam's rant at astronomy class.

Did you even watch the movie? Missiles were fired on its ass. Sentinel was supposed to meet Megatron on Earth but the Ark was damaged. Likely it was on autopilot.

Maybe around 12,000. Sentinel Prime gave Megatron the Allspark's location.

You didn't watch the movie did you? Mearing spelled it out. A means of an instant strike via telepotation technology.

Correction 1963 as Russia's Luna 4 caught the Cons raiding the Ark placing the pillars on the dark side.

Its pretty simple really Soundwave is loyal to Megatron not to the Fallen and not to Starscream. Megatron made a deal with a Prime. The Fallen wanted every Prime dead.

Read this theory and it'll make sense.

Sentinel explained the Space Bridge defy our physics. In ROTF Sam's rant we got a probable answer as there are conditions where Einstein's mass-energy equivalence equation does not apply.

Sentinel Prime is the Autobots Einstein.

14. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

That would be funny BUUT I gotta say: I think Sentinel speaking English automatically was a foreshadow of his betrayal: He learned English because he was heading to Earth to meet with the Decepticons.

Yes, I'd say a good chunk of them must have died when the Ark was shot by the 'Cons, another good chunk on the "drifting through space" times, and the final chunk on the crash on the Moon.

Perhaps.

Optimus actually never stated as a "war-ending technology" if I well recall, that was Megatron, Optimus simply mentioned it could be used to aid refugees.

And don't you think it would be a pretty damn useful tool to have? A controlled wormhole? You could organize all of your forces within minutes in one place only, in only one wave, cross massive distances in no-time, send bombs from one part of the galaxy to the other.

Pretty much, you just conquered every problem involving space through that damn thing.

The movie only mentioned Soundwave, the rest of the Decepticon Army was probably drifting lost in space, Soundwave only managed to contact them briefly before the First Movie's events, it seems.

It can be viewed as both, the movie left unclear.

"The Space Bridge ignores your laws of travel through time and space." - Sentinel Prime at the beginning of DOTM.

Cybertron is GALAXIES [maybe even Universes] away from Earth, to take Humans there would be very difficult.

Dylan stated they meant to strip our planet's resources to rebuild Cybertron and use us a slave-force, but by what I understood, he meant a slaveforce ON EARTH.

15. megapork

megapork Cheese

They're on vacation watching a play by the walrus and the carpenter. They got eaten by the walrus.

16. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I always pretend that in the movie they were on a mission somewhere else and no one cared much about them so they left them guarding some old oil refinary in the middle of the Atlantic.

17. Kraken

Kraken Is a vegiesaurus, Lex. Veteran

News Credits:
    Skids and Mudflap were taking Leo to get his punk ass a haircut.

Jolt was in re-hab for his crippling electro shock addiction.

18. AllSpark Shard

Hehehe, this is real fun...thanks for the answers...

Some more:

- Is there any info about what happened to Tom Banachek, Maggie, Glenn, Mikaela and Leo after the events of their respective movies? xD

Guess they all died in DOTM xD

- What did the Decepticons hidden in the moon do while waiting all those centuries for someone to summon them into battle? Play checkers? Learn to knit? xD Must have been really boring there.

Thanks in advance, guys.

19. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    Maggie and Glen work for some companie called Rand Corporation
    Leo graduated college
    Mikaela broke up with Sam
    Banachek was presumably fired

They wait on the moon with better patience than Lazerwave.