What happened to Prime prices?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Duwian, Aug 25, 2012.

1. Duwian

Duwian Wants FoC EVERYTHING

Hi everyone. Today, I'm just wondering why Prime toys got so expensive recently. I used to be able to buy Powerizer Megatron for $22.99, but I looked earlier today and saw the same Megatron for almost $40! Some of the Deluxes, like Ratchet, are $20. Why did that happen? Or is it just amazon doing that? Thanks!

2. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    Where and when was this?

3. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    Amazon has prices from private sellers ala eBay, be careful you might be looking at those instead of reasonable retail orices.

4. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Exactly. With some figures being harder to find right now some of those private sellers have decided they can ask more money for figures that are on the rare side at the moment. Sort of like this Loki figure that is going for $49.45 Amazon.com: Marvel Universe Exclusive Action Figure 2Pack Loki Full Size 12 Inch Frost Giant Includes The Mighty Thor #175: Toys & Games

5. Dirge82

Dirge82 Well-Known Member

It isn't just amazon. There is a Toys R Us that's about 15 minutes away from me. It's the only Toys R Us that still has the Ultimate Optimus Prime for like almost $100. Other places have them on clearance for $40. The RID deluxe figures are about 18$ and the voyagers are $30. Other Toys R Us locations aren't as expensive. Places like Target and Walmart have the prime figures at regular retail prices. I try not to get anything from Amazon as the prices are too expensive for something that I will be able to find eventually. Same with Ebay.

6. Duwian

Duwian Wants FoC EVERYTHING

Okay, maybe Amazon is just jacking them up. I'm not looking at the private seller listing, I'm looking at the retailers. Amazon's store itself is selling PRiD Voyager Megateon for $40, but last month it was only $20.

7. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    Is this what you're talking about?

Hasbro Year 2011 Transformers Robots in Disguise Prime Series 1 Voyager Class 7 Inch Tall Robot Action Figure #2 - Decepticon MEGATRON with Battle Claw and Fusion Cannon that Convert to Glowing Mighty Sword (Vehicle Mode: Spaceship) : Toys & Games :

Because that's from a private seller/retailer on Amazon - JNL Trading INC. It's not from a major retailer like TRU or even Amazon direct.

8. Dr. Prime

Dr. Prime Dr. Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The cost basis for toys should never be judged based on Amazon alone.

9. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    please take time to look at the 20+ threads in this section talking about the same thing to select your answer...

10. shockwave2005

shockwave2005 Well-Known Member

This.

I've seen some of the most ridiculous prices for things there when they're being sold by private sellers.