what happened to my rampage!?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by megatron10824, Nov 12, 2011.

1. megatron10824

megatron10824 taghdhjk

while dusting off my transformers today i noticed a possibly big problem with my bw metals rampage that the orange chrome seems to be peeling off like aluminum, is there anything i can do about this or is it a lost cause, also will all transformers with chrome end up like this or is it a bw thing

2. MisterFanwank

MisterFanwank Toy Industry Analyst

News Credits:
    Depends on how well the figure was prepared before he was vacuum metalized. My Depthcharge has no chrome wear, but my scourge has no chrome.

3. FakeEyes22

FakeEyes22 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This isn't uncommon. There's not much that can be done to repair him. I'm not sure if any sort of clear coat would protect the rest.

I've recently gone through my Beast stuff that's been in the basement for a while. TM2 Dinobot and another figure or 2 had some flaking not long after I got them 10+ years ago, but they haven't gotten worse and I didn't see any other cases except one. Beast Machines Ultra-Class Jetstorm's chest is a total flaking mess now, straight down to the plastic. The previous figures just had the layer of translucent pigment flake off of the chrome. I don't know why it happens, but my random guess is that changed in temperature may play a part as the plastic expands and contracts.

4. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    GPS, vacmetalized, rubber...

The G2/Beast era was just BEGGING for disaster and we never saw it coming, not really. If we could go back and tell ourselves what we know now...I wonder how things would've turned out.

5. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    All my transmetals are fine.

for now.

6. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I put a coat of Future floor polish on my TM Tarantulas when I got him a few months back. The chrome was already starting to when I purchased it, and I didn't want it to go any further. I went ahead and painted the plastic parts while I was at it to make them a little more shiny (it gives them a bit more of a "metal" effect by being glossy - think new car). :) 

7. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    I would like to see pics of that Superquad.

8. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Me too :lol