What happened to modern day Rhinox

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by AniProwl, Feb 20, 2011.

1. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    Remember a while back in a Toy Fare interview, Aaron Archer (I think) said they were plans for a modern Rhinox.

How come we haven't had any details about that?

I would love to have a modern version of him.

2. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    I have not heard anything, but I would love to have one.

3. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    My ultra-super-exxxclusive sources told me this in super secrecy, but I'm gonna say it anyway. Rhinox is a super-secret character in DOTM that ends up ruling the universe.

But seriously, I wouldn't mind an updated Rhinox, but if I had to guess (based on the sales of Cheetor and Dinobot), it was scrapped in favor of more profitable options.

4. Deathx360

Deathx360 Farewell Dear Friend

News Credits:
    I think it was just on Hasbro's short list of characters they were thinking of making. It was never really a confirmation that we were getting one just that it was something they wanted to do. Since we didn't get any Generations Voyagers I would assume they just scratched that idea. That isn't to say it may not happen some day just that I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for it.

5. Overhaulimus

Overhaulimus Sword of Fury!

News Credits:
    Like Deathx360 said, Hasbro has him on a list of characters that they want to make. Wheeljack and Jazz were both on that list at one point, and we now have figures of them, so give it another year and I'm sure we will get him, but then again, if Uni2.0 Cheetor and Dinobot were anything to go by, they were shelfwarmers, so they may avoid any new versions of Beast characters.

6. Lacimehc

Lacimehc Tastes like medicine

I assume the only reason Dinobot and Cheetor peg warmed was because they weren't very good or accurate figures (especially Cheetor.) If they can make a good show accurate Rhinox as a voyager class then I'm betting that he'd sell pretty well.

A deluxe Blackarachnia would be even better though. :D 

7. IronicHide

IronicHide MEME GO HERE

I'm going to say Updated BW Inferno again, you just watch me.

Updated BW Inferno. Please.

8. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:

Plans were never finalized. Toys have to go through design, costing, marketing, before they hit the shelf.

Odds are things unraveled at an early hurdle.

Whilst i don't recall it being said there were actual "plans", iirc there was some interest expressed in producing it in Voyager size.

And Hasbro have very clearly shown of late that they are reluctant to put Voyager toys in Generations packaging.

And on that note, i await the inevitable 'It would work' 'Hasbro can tell retailers what to do' comments.

9. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Rhinox is the latest in a line of characters still waiting for a decent modern figure. I'm a huge Beast Wars fan so I'd jump on one. Sadly, the realist/pessimist in me is virtually resigned to the fact that we 're probably never getting one.

10. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

:lol  awee it's rhinox that turns into tankor! :lol 

11. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Have they repainted Cybertron Backstop as Rhinox yet?

12. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Oh yeah I forgot they were doing this. It won't be the updated, modern version of Rhinox that I'd prefer, but will be a cool little figure nonetheless.

13. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

Because that was if we were (as we're not you see) going to update more BW figures he'd be at the top of the list. So really nothing happened, it was never coming. It was a wouldn't it be nice fantasy, that some fanboys confused with reality.

14. Shadow Convoy

Shadow Convoy Stealth Ops Commander

Ebay:
    bulkhead could be rhinox who hasn't been converted by the maximal tech yet :) 

15. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    well cheetor was a bad toy, dinobot was great, except Hasbro for SOME REASON chose an awful color scheme. I have the henkei version, AMAZING toy.

16. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    But all Inferno needs to be perfect is a better head-sculpt. And maybe wrists, so his hands face the right way.

17. Rijie78

Rijie78 Vinyl junkie.

News Credits:
    Bulkhead in TF Animated was what plans for an updated Rhinox sort of turned into; there's pictures kicking about on the intertubes of some kind of prototype toy, from before the direction and style of what became TF:A was decided.

It looked pretty gnarly.

So that's probably where "plans" for an update would have came from - it's clearly been an idea that's got kicked once round the block already. May not be dead, but certainly isn't imminent (unless there's repaint plans for a current Generations toy).

18. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I still think they'll make one down the road, but it's a while before we'll see that happen.

Also I happen to love the universe Dinobot mold.

19. Deadboy

Deadboy Well-Known Member

I'm a fan of Universe Dinobot as well, I'm surprised it shelf-warmed because its a neat toy. Cheetor, on the other hand, kinda stunk. Hopefully Hasbro will give the BW characters another go rather than judging solely on those two (OK, maybe they're considering Animated Blackarachnia as well, but she was also a female toy which traditionally doesn't sell as well to young boys).

I would love to see Rhinox (and I've always hoped for an update of Rattrap, though I've accepted that I'll probably never see one).

20. The touch79

The touch79 Sparticon

I would love a rhinox figure just like everyone else here. Heck, I wouldn't even care if hasbro produced a rhinox that is on the same reception as universe cheetor. I just want a rhinox! There is still hope though people! Classics has not died out yet!