What happened to Ironhide and Ratchet? *spoilers*

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by ZecksKitty, Jul 5, 2007.

1. ZecksKitty

ZecksKitty Banned

In the final battle they just vanished, and were there for the end. Did Jazz's death scare them away or something? D: What did they go/do in the final bout?

2. jazzmasta32

jazzmasta32 Well-Known Member

they were told to retreat by jazz

3. ZecksKitty

ZecksKitty Banned

D: So Jazz went all "OMG ILL SAVE YOU" and sacrificed himself?

;.; aw man, damn crackas

4. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

Did Brawl go down before Jazz got ripped apart?

During their fight with Brawl they where in a constant state of being pinned down against Brawl.

5. RHansen

RHansen Sir. Ranbotnic Veteran

News Credits:
    they got pretty hurt from starscream, and stayed away from megatron

6. DaggersRage

I don't want to create a new thread for this but... Ironhide needs to wear a cowboy hat.

7. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

I'm pretty sure I remember them being like, "Oh shit it's Megatron - let's retreat like bitches and like Jazz get fucking killed!!!"

8. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Ironhide got blown away by SS. Him and Ratchet covered Sam. I guess when IH turned to follow Sam, Ratchet got KO'ed, then Ironhide probobly got clobbered by Brawl. (as evidence of him slow-mo jumping at Brawl)

9. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    i just remembered they got their asses kicked by starscream. starscreams badass. too bad his a gorilla kite.

10. wickedjester

wickedjester Crazy... maybe just a lil

Ok so I'm new hear, but just as Sam was running towards the building Screamer shot Ironhide and Ratchet, Sam looked back at tehm and Ironhide told him to keep going.

Between then and the time you see them with Jazz's torn in half body, who knows what they did. To answer an earlier question, Brawl died after Jazz got ripped in half.

11. JusticeSabre

JusticeSabre FLUKE the SYSTEM.

Ebay:
    Bad storytelling and direction is what happened.

12. polymorphic

polymorphic Bumblebee tuna!

They didn't disappear. Starscream kicked their butts and took off. Then the movie cut to Sam ascending through the tall building. Then Prime was holding Jazz and Ratchet and Ironhide were standing there listening to him. They just cut scenes. No disappearances like Barricade and Scorponok.

13. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    They didnt "take off", they were most likely trying to save jazz. after all, its what ratchet says they were doing.

14. Rod

Rod No Silly Robot User Name

Is it me or did Ironhide look like a bull? His head shape sorta looked like a cowboy hat. He sorta looked like one of the characters for the cartoon C.O.W. Boys of Moo Mesa

15. MegaCepticon

MegaCepticon Well-Known Member

Well I would run too if the guy I'm fighting towers over me.

16. DaggersRage

Hm... Ya know, maybe that's why I said that. There's somthing "western" about that face.

17. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Made me laugh out loud in the middle of work!

Anyways- that last battle, though great with some amazing action, made me ask "What?" quite a few times. First, it does show SS shoot Ironhide and then he tells Sam to keep running, but I think it's safe to assume he and Ratchet continued to take on SS until he was forced away, but still, you had to assume because the movie didn't want to tell you. They would rather show a human killing the largest decepticon with a grenade launcher over Ironhide and SS's fight AND Megatron fighting Prime. Also, Sam has to climb up this building while Megatron is chasing him. Um... how did Sam make it to that roof alive? Anyhow, I loved the movie, it was a great experience, but to save time and money there were some peculiar scene cuts and the attention was focused on odd and probably money saving shots for the last scene with an anticlimactic end. I mean, I think I would have prefered Prime getting the upper hand on his own near the end, but that's just my inner geek talking.

18. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Thats what I took from it. Both of them took multiple point blank rounds from Starscream. They definitely weren't in any shape to go up against megatron, so followed Jazz's retreat order.

19. Tr4nce

Tr4nce TrancEaddict

News Credits:
    You're the only person I know talking about Scorponok's disappearance. Where did he go? They only got his tail, right?

Secondly, everyone is talking about Barricade and the vagueness surrounding him about his disappearance. I have 2 options: either he died, because after Bumblebee kicks his ass, you see him lifting his head up one more time and then going 'out'. Second option: he survived, because, contrary to what other people are saying, he IS in the highway scene. He's on the utter right. Then we see him driving to the city for a last time, but he never participates in the final battle. (Or did he, and went everything so fast that I missed it?)

20. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Scorponok was never seen again after going back into the sand after the air attack. Yes, they only got a piece of his tail. And yes, Barricade was on the Highway with Bonecrusher. That was the last time we saw him. He definitely survived the fight with Bumblebee since he was in the decepticon role call sequence.