What happened to Barricade?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by jaypc, Aug 23, 2007.

1. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It was intended for him to be killed by Prime, it was cut out at the last minute so he can come back for the next movie and chase Bumblebee around more. HE IS ALIVE and out there hiding somewhere. This was the word of the movie writes at Botcon.
    I was just thinking the same.

2. Allspark

Allspark Member

Instagram:
    maybe the new footage from the imax version will show what happens to him.

3. a person

a person Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I believe Barricade just left the movie because he didn't like the whole ''good cop bad cop thing.''

4. Ceerad

Ceerad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not a real word!!

5. Spartan Prime

Spartan Prime Eat 'em up, eat 'em up, eat 'em up.

News Credits:
    :lolol 

6. Ramulus

Ramulus Rhinox is my anti-drug TFW2005 Supporter

Actually you can see what happens to him but like most things Bay, it's very fast and hard to see unless you've seen the movie a jillion times like I have. :) 

It's part of the scene where Ironhide and Ratchet are protecting Sam as he runs for the building. Remember the part where we see Blackout transform and take off right above Sam? Right before that you hear Ironhide say "look out" and you can see Barricade driving right at Sam. Ironhide (in Robot mode) picks up Barricade in vehicle mode and slams him into the ground, and you see Barricade get kee-runched...you can even see his tire bounce off screen.

There was a thread about this earlier and someone actually posted pics of the scene in question, so I'm not the first person to point this out. :thumb 

7. jaypc

jaypc Liberty or Death

"Remember the part where we see Blackout transform and take off right above Sam?" Do you mean Starscream?

"Right before that you hear Ironhide say "look out" and you can see Barricade driving right at Sam. Ironhide (in Robot mode) picks up Barricade in vehicle mode and slams him into the ground, and you see Barricade get kee-runched...you can even see his tire bounce off screen." I completely missed that. Thanks. I like the "kee-runched."

8. omega knight

omega knight Chibi lancelot launch

News Credits:
    oh shit its that cop car from earlier in the movie!!!! w8 whered he go :dunce 

9. Blaster_Prime

Blaster_Prime drank the last beer

I'm pretty sure he got caught in the fray somewhere in there :D 

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  10. tehCal

tehCal wherever you are i am not

Nope, the scene Ramulus is talking about does not have Barricade in it. I have the film on DVD already and have gone through it in slow-motion; it's just a black sedan.

11. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

In the book, Bumblebee takes Barricade out with a wrecking ball

12. Ramulus

Are you sure? What's the threat of a plain black sedan? I have the DVD as well and I'm 99.9% sure that's Barricade, because right as he's being smashed, you can see him transform to bot mode because he flies apart as he hits the ground. Granted, that scene is a mess, very fast and frantic, but I'd swear that's no ordinary car. :) 

13. enduser0001

enduser0001 Autobuddy

I think Barricade traveled forward in time somehow and started reading all of the "what happened to barricade" posts on the internet and got sidetracked. That is why we never saw him again. :) 

14. Ramulus

A very plausible and reasonable explanation. :) 

15. redline928

redline928 06/26/09

I thought the same thing ram..i watched in slow mo 5 times, but watch the wheel that goes flyin through the air, it doesnt match Barricade.......to my knowledge

Unless they show something in the IMAX version?????

Last edited: Sep 5, 2007
  16. Deadend

Deadend Spark of Creation

News Credits:

And he frees himself later for the final battle.
    He's seen on the highway during the prime fight, and then gone. This is where he would have died if not altered. Instead they just had Prime do the 'all clear' look and check of his surroundings then had him move on to catch up.

Barricade you could say just went "Daaaaaaaaaaaayumn, I like my head, screw that." and ran away for now to watch the fray from afar. Or maybe he had his own issues when frenzy went kaputt. There's also the possibility that unlike Starscreams direct betrayal, he felt Megatron 'the true decepticon leader' should prove his mettle against these weak fleshing captors. He does have a seemingly soundwave/shockwave perspective to his character in the prequel novel.

17. Valenti

Valenti BoA's love.

Like..crying over the loss of Frenzy? :cry 

=P

18. Deadend

Deadend Spark of Creation

News Credits:
    Or a type of brain embelism, or something if they share a symbiotic relationship. Maybe he went back to the dam to see what happened. Whereas blackout to scorpy could be more, "You're still alive, stop crying like a baby over your lost tail!"

The last thing frenzy said was 'oh $h!t'. so maybe barricade got that over the 'comm link' and went to check if it was some new anti-cybertronian weapon. If he got his hands on it, if such a thing existed, it would turn the tide of the war, and cement his rankings as #2 decepticon under megatron's rule.

19. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    I think it's less the threat of a black sedan and more the threat of the MH-53 Pave-low helicopter Decepticon that just blew up the black sedan.

20. tehCal

tehCal wherever you are i am not

Exactly.

If memory serves, the car is either thrown or blasted at Ironhide, hence the wheel falling down. It doesn't transform.

I was more than willing for it to be Barricade when I first heard this rumour. I watched it on Youtube and wasn't sure. But when I go frame-by-frame on my big-screen TV, it's clearly NOT him.