what happen to jetfire in g1

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by omega knight, Aug 18, 2007.

1. omega knight

omega knight Chibi lancelot launch

News Credits:
    Ive only seen him in 2 episodes fire on the moutain and the one where they find him. what happens to him.

2. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    From Wikipedia

3. omega knight

News Credits:
    wtf they dont make a character then not fucking use him im pissed

4. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    Actually the final appearance of jetfire/skyfire is episode 30: day of the machines.
    Watch for his veritech style landing on a aircraft carrier.

5. The Rage

The Rage Parapsychologist

Ebay:
    Your grammar is horrible.

6. omega knight

News Credits:
    tell me something we dont know rage

7. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

he was phased out cos his toy was actually a fighter from robotech [macross], when that show was show in the USA they had to change his animation modle and due to the rights on the toy and stuff the cut him back in the show and I think he was only in stores for a short time but I could be way off on that.

So cos hasbro didn't really own the toy they didn't want it in the show. I am sure some one like nevermore could explain that better but thats the basics.

8. omega knight

News Credits:
    fuck give him the blackbird plane desgin that be cool with jetfires cannons ablazin heheheh.

9. SpriteSODA

SpriteSODA Well-Known Member

they just got tired of him, like Omega Supreme.

10. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

Well then it would have looked nothing like the toy and hasbro didn't have the money or time to make a new tool for it. Also its like 20 years ago man and we have classic jet/skyfire now so why let it bother you.

11. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A lot of G1 characters only had one or two appearances in the cartoon, Jetfire was nothing special. Also, it was more than 20 years ago...

12. bw_rhinox

bw_rhinox Well-Known Member

Hasbro wanted to make their toyline more diverse, so they acquired other toys from companies such as: ToyCo (Shockwave), ToyBox (Omega Supreme, Skylynx) and Takatoku Toys (Jetfire, Roadbuster, Whirl and the Deluxe Insecticons). The Bandai Company (Go-Bots) bought Takatoku Toys and suddenly Transformers lost the license to those toys. Jetfire was the only toy from (Takatoku) that made it into the series, due to the license issues, his name was changed to Skyfire. Bandai eventually created Gobots to compete with the Transformers line.

13. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Actually, the "Car Robots" from Diaclone which Transformers were based off launched in 1982, the same year as Machine Robo. I don't know which came first that year, but it isn't like one was developed to compete with the other straight away.

However, Tonka Toys did import Machine Robo as Gobots, but Gobots was on the shelves first. It was a competitor of Transformers, but not in reaction to Transformers - nobody could have known either series would have been as big as they were in the planning stages.

They were competing toy lines, but not in the sense one was created in opposition to the other's success - rather both came about early on, but TF triumphed thanks to the larger size and superior cartoon.

Also, by way of Jetfire ceasing distribution in the US and being cut from the show - it was more a case of Harmony Gold having the rights to Macross than Bandai owning the company the mold was licensed from. They actually honoured the agreement, it was Harmony Gold who wanted the toy pulled since it conflicted with their Robotech (although Hasbro using the mold as Jetfire stopped the release of the Valks for a little while)

14. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

fuck give him the blackbird plane desgin that be cool with jetfires cannons ablazin heheheh.

hell no that vehicle form would suit skywarp so much better then skyfire.

or for that matter the stealth bomber the one they used for one of the g2 cyberjets

15. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

check ddp's gijoeformers vol 1 for the sr71 as a seeker warrior

16. Don_East

Don_East Wants TFA Seeker Toys

Skyfire had more than two appearances. He was in 5 episodes in Season 1. The other three were:

The Ultimate Doom Part 2
    The Ultimate Doom Part 3
    A Plague Of Insecticons

Skyfire had only three appearances in Season 2

Attack Of The Autobots
    The Immobolizer(Quick Silent Cameo)
    Day Of The Machines(Featuing His GERWALK Mode)(Final Appearance)

I believe his appearances in Season 1 was done to promote the toy. Season 2 they were probably playing at safe. Also I don't think Skyfire was killed in "Dark Awakening" because I remember some Aerialbots getting blown up to and they came back after that episode.

Atleast Omega Supreme appeared in a somewhat major role in a Season 3 episode.

17. SpriteSODA

SpriteSODA Well-Known Member

I dont recall that! what episode was it?

18. Sector Seven

Sector Seven ∞ GΣΣK™

For the life of me, I can't, either. The only "major" role I can't think of for him was in Season 2's The Secret of Omega Supreme.

Okay - I'm no prude or anything, and I'm going to ignore the fact that a spell-checker would be a good free investment, but GENOZAUR and omega knight - but do you possibly think there's a better way of expressing yourselves without the "f-this" and f-that" crap? You really can get your point across without.

19. Don_East

Don_East Wants TFA Seeker Toys

The Big Broadcast Of 2006. He was used as the mode of space transportation instead of Sky Lynx. He had a good amount of dialogue(atleast as much as Omega can get) and was prominently used in the fight scenes. Not as much I said because he didn't appear until the second act. But still, Perceptor & Blaster aside, he's one of the few 85 Autobots to appear in Season 3.

20. Sector Seven

Sector Seven ∞ GΣΣK™

That's right!

I dislike that episode so much, it had completely slipped my mind that he was in it. Thanks, Don!