What Guns for Classics Figures?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Predaking000, Dec 16, 2006.

1. Predaking000

Predaking000 Well-Known Member

I picked up some of the Classics figures (Mirage, Rodimus), but as most of you know, the guns they come with smack of suckness. Does anybody know what G1 guns, or just any good looking guns, will fit these guys? Thanks for any help!

2. Octane

Octane Soul Crusher

I use Pinchers gun for Bumble and Blurrs gun for Mirage.

3. Dark Magnus

Dark Magnus Your opinion is wrong!

Ebay:
    I have my G1 Hot Rod guns with my Classics Rodimus. Don't have any different gun with Mirage but might give him a G1 Blurr gun as mentioned above.

4. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    Wreck-Gars' weapons fit Bumblebee

5. Rattrap

Rattrap Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I gave Bumblebee Energon Battle Ravages gun. For Mirage, if you would turn his fist upside down, he could hold the G1 Mirage gun. It should fit, mine fit loosely, but it also has a ton of chrome ware, and is loose in G1 Mirages hand.

6. Evan Goldsborough

Evan Goldsborough Freelance Negotiator

If you look around in Dollar Trees, you may find these really crappy-looking Prime and Magnus knock-offs. The guns they use are based directly on G1 Prime's gun, and you could get a few of those just for the weapons (they're only a buck). I know the guns fit Bumblebee, and assuming the classics utilize a universal hand-hole size, they should fit the rest.

They also include a version of Prime's Energon axe, so the Classics can have a melee weapon as well.

The figures themselves you can use as scrapped bots for battle dioramas, I guess...

7. Spekkio

Spekkio Master of War

I found KOs at Big Lots that have decent melee weapons that work for the Classics - a battle axe for Prime and swords that work for Starscream and Megatron.

8. Predaking000

Predaking000 Well-Known Member

Thanks a lot for the suggestions, everyone. I'll try to hunt down some of those weapons!

9. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

I tried switching Classic Grimlock's weapons with G1 Grimlock and found that, while the peg for G1 Grimmy's gun is bit small for Classic's hand the sword fits snugly. OTOH the peg for Classic Grimmy's sword gun is too big for G1 Grimmy's tiny hand. Oh well.

Rodimus can hold G1 Hot Rod's twin guns and I think the guns look way better on Classic Rodimus.