What grinds your gears? (tf related)

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by maninthebox94, May 30, 2009.

1. TransFan1996

TransFan1996 Well-Known Member

When i baught a classics astrotrain it had loose ass jounts and always falls apart
    I have when a friend comes over and i tell them not to touch anything they touch something and missiles start firing

2. The Asp

The Asp Angry Old Man

1. This.

2. Overinflated praise for alternators/binaltech, city/powered/shadow commander, early G1, et cetera.

3. Exclusives.

4. Hasbro not making crossovers that I actually want to buy.

3. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    Dammit, you beat me to the joke. :mad 

Pretty much Devastator eating my freaking sand.

4. tusko

tusko Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    Twist ties, non-resealable packaging and TFs with no balance.

5. Spoon

Spoon Banned

I've seen Waspinator a few times, haven't been tempted to buy him... and no Samurai Prowl, damn it!

Another thing that grinds my gears:

-Being unable to find Baron Ransack Von Joy in my area.

6. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What grinds MY gears:

-Transformer toys with wrongy painted faces. Seriously, I can stand a paint stroke gone wrong practically anywhere on the bot, but if it's in the face I get pretty pissed off.

-People that hate Animated just because they don't like the artstyle and say it's childish. I think Animated has some good writing, but there is no denying it's still a kid show. The style however, is universal, and just because it is not realistic does not mean your five year old kid could do a better job .

-People that furiously defend one part of the frachise while continually bashing another part of it. Hate it. Of course everyone has different tastes, and I really don't care if somebody likes Bayformers more than Cybertron, or Beast Wars more than Animated. But some people feel the need to keep on acting like this. News flash: every series of Transformers history has its pros and cons. Heck, I dislike Cybertron as a series, but it features some damn awesome toys.
    If you like Bayformers, you're a dumb person who is easily amused by explosions and nothing more. If you like Animated, you're childish. If you like G1 you're an old fart who cannot accept change. People are way too quick to jump to conclusions on the internetzz..(I like most TF series, so I guess I'm dumb, childish AND a stuck-up geewhiner!:) )
    If people could just accept that and like/respect Transformers for the fun factor.

-TF toys that look good but are ruined by horrible decals or dodgy paintapps. This happens quite alot, especially with recolors/remolds.

-TF hunting is a bitch in my country. Especially since there is an even less good way to tell when certain waves hit the stores, there's alot of variety in what stores gets what assortment, and we never get ALL the toys (and no way in telling what will be released here and what not. It's horrible. For Animated I had to pretty much buy 90% online. I guess it saves me the trouble, but there is something sweet in toy hunting.

-TFs that are horribly out of scale. I'll admit it: scale is important to me in the figures. I don't want a Blackout or Bonecrusher that's only half of Prime's leg, or a Lugnut Bulkhead can use as a doll. I understand that these figures are much less important than some other characters, though, so perfect scale will never happen.

I guess light piping is awesome for the kids, they can see their characters' eyes glow..but yeah, not really a fan of it myself. painted eyes look so much better, because pretty much every Transformer has light blue or red eyes, but because of the plastics they almost always look dark..slightly ruins the look.

7. SlyTF

SlyTF Banned

When those bastards from IGN confused Blackout with Ironhide, and Jetfire with Alpha Q and Megatron with The Fallen, the nerve of those sons of bitches!

8. SlyTF

SlyTF Banned

To me the plastic in TFA and movie are fine, and in the universe line they feel flabby, thats why I dont buy universe toys

9. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Even worse is that they are not actual Transformers characters but just a bunch of mechs. Optimus Prime/Turbo Tank cool, Luke Skywalker mech with Luke's head on it lame.

10. Scorpion

Scorpion Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It "grinds my gears" that Hasbro can make a Legends sized osprey with hands (Springer) but they couldn't make a Voyager with hands (Incinerator)

11. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    People who multiquote. :p 

No, what makes me mad is when people (my brother) try to transform a TF without instructions, fail, and toss it in the trash.

I've gotten a few free TFs this way. :D 

This is a nice point here. Stubbornness is not a good quality in a TF fan.

Yeah, what's not to love? His obnoxious personality, his stoner/hippie-like voice....

Hey, here's something that makes me mad.

[​IMG]

Mr. Cybertron Primus would like to have a word with you.

Stop right there.

None of it was good? Not a lick?

I could go on for hours on this. But that's what the report feature does. Doesn't make a difference, but it's there.

12. roy_flagg00

roy_flagg00 I want more life....

hasbro's bs excuse on why we got a half-finished, puny, ugly looking galvatron.
    "there were too many voyager sized tanks already"

yea, but I guess the new Bludgeon coming out doesn't count right asshats?

13. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

You are forgetting the insane all or nothing rule to fandom. Either you have to love every last thing or you must hate every last thing. No room for the free will of I'll just take what I like personally and just skip the bits that don't interest me from each series and each toy line.

Yes I know it's not logical because there are gems to be found all over the 25 years of Transformers, but then who said fandom is logical?

14. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    I find it funny that people are complaining about complaints inside of a complaint thread.

Mindfuck. :p 

15. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    As someone who wanted a Voyager Galvatron reeeaaallly badly, I second this.

16. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

Swivel joints below the elbow and below the knee, rather than proper bicep/thigh swivels.

See Classics Jetfire. Great toy, annoying swivel joints.

17. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Toy Designer

Actually, i'm going to have to disagree with you, if you don't mind. The twist ties, while a pain to get out, are actually quite handy when spray painting. The packaging is pretty bad.

^ Yes. Both because they make generally sub par crossovers, and because they have crossovers only from two series.

^This.

18. maninthebox94

maninthebox94 Banned

I was looking at my classics iron hide today and noticed, half his fucking head in the back was light piping, and what that hell, he has a big ass plastic panel behind his head literaly, the light piping is udderly and completely pointless when absolutly no night can get to it?

19. Spoon

Spoon Banned

I'll have to admit, I have a limited experience of it, but from what I've seen, it's appalling.

20. ThaConqueror

ThaConqueror Rock! Robot Rock!

Forgot about this. Pain in the ASS.