What grinds your gears? (tf related)

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by maninthebox94, May 30, 2009.

1. DestronGenerals

DestronGenerals Well-Known Member

me: yeah, i'm a big transformers fan.
    random person that saw the '07 movie: oh yeah man! me too, transformers are awesome.
    me: no, i'm a BIG transformers fan.

thats just a general pet peeve. i take my interests seriously, being the nerd that i am, i find it offensive to my nerdity when people say their 'fans' of things when they really just generally enjoy it.

well when it comes to disappointments, there are a few(cough)animated coming to an end(cough) but the IDW soft-reboot really f'in grinds my gears. yes, furman's writing is not the best in the world but his stories from Infiltration on were simply a new interesting (to me) retelling of the G1 bots.

Instead we've got far less and there's no prospect of undoing it. I know Furman is one of the writers on the new ongoing but my ideal thought would be Furman as a head story editor.

I'm reading the Marvel US and UK run now, hopefully that'll quench my thirst for more in depth development of more 'obscure' characters.

2. ORIO

ORIO Team Sentinel Prime Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Noobs. People who don't use the search feature. How Jazz wasn't in classics 1.0 or 2.0. Not knowing WTF is up with toys (until days like today). Twist ties. Bitchy fan posts. People who hate BW and Animated but feel G1 was better written (lemme just sum that up as "close minded" and not enough posts by Optimus Sledge.

3. kidnicky

kidnicky Well-Known Member

Derrick Wyatt doesn't like Beachcomber? Now I really hate him.

I recall at least one Blaster reissue.

4. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Yea I'm not going to shed any tears about the plan to try and make twist ties a thing of the past. Coming with the news about smaller packaging so retailers can put out more figures at once is just icing on that cake.

5. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It grinds my gears when people bitch about the people who bitch about the people who bitch about the people who bitch about the people who bitch about the people who bitch about the people who bitch about stuff.

6. Alexander Quinn

Alexander Quinn Well-Known Member

Leader Class figures that have less articulation than most Scouts or Legends have. Seriously, stop pumping them full of "I AM MEGATRON" cheap catch phrases and "OOHHHH" flashing lights and just make the figures cooler. I'll still pay my (shudders) $60 Canadian for a Leader figure without the crappy electronics, just make it worth my wild.

Also, gimmicks. Don't give me a mini-con unless it can be used as a weapon. Don't give me a plastic key when all it does is flip out rocket launchers (I can do that with my fingers). Don't make every Authobot combine-able with each other unless they look like something aside from scrap metal roadkill when combined. Don't give me firing missles...at all. Dinobot nearly took my left eye out...twice.

7. LifePincher

LifePincher BBTS is the SOURCE!

Ya' know, when it comes to Transformers, I really can't bitch about much. I'm just glad they're still around :thumbs2: 

Well, Animatarded (toys/show) really bothered me, no more though, it's cancelled and the toys are soon to be dead :rock 

8. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    You know what else grinds my gears?

People who can't detect ironic humor.

9. Kando

Kando Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

10. Vizer

Vizer Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I don't understand why every once and awhile Hasbro releases a Transformer without weapons. Case in point: Classics BB/CJ and Hot Shot. Even if I were a kid I would be disappointed that my robots were weaponless. There in a war right? Thats far and away my biggest TF pet peeve.

11. LifePincher

LifePincher BBTS is the SOURCE!

They're in a War, yes. What about the mini bots? They never came with weapons. Some were built in, but most didn't have them :gen069: 

12. maninthebox94

maninthebox94 Banned

*facepalm* kinda odd, thats exactly what i was doing?......

13. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The people you meet in the toy aisle who are utterly clueless but convinced they know something you don't and are bent on imparting their (often incorrect) knowledge to you.

Or the person that grabbed my never-before-transformed G1 Sunstreaker and bent the feet straight up without pulling them out to the side, leaving gouges in the plastic on the ankles and saying, "man, these feet are tight".
    :throw 

Amen to that. I can think of several large toys recently that were 2-3 size class too large for their complexity. TFA ROC Prime and TFA Leader Megs, I'm looking in your direction; both had the articulation/transformation of a deluxe. And the fact that Cybertron Supreme Starscream's transformation is nearly identical to his Legends incarnation speaks for itself.

Last edited: May 31, 2009
  14. Seeker

Seeker Time Lord

Ebay:
    Inflated G1 TF prices. I also don't like popular convention figures that are not available to the general public without paying several time more than normal.

15. maninthebox94

maninthebox94 Banned

sdcc alt hotod (rodimus) has bassicly no rubber on him, he has like one pice in the interior and his tires, i got him in the mail today and my dad broke him cuz he picked it up first, and shure enuf he broke of the sideview mirror on him, why couldnt they be rubber like alt swindles?

16. Cmdr Prime

Cmdr Prime co-Commander of Autobots TFW2005 Supporter

What is grinding my gears that Botcon doesn't come to Australia

17. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We Exist, and We DON'T Want to Date You

News Credits:
    I love it when they say things like 'I have all of them and they're worth X dollars' and then get annoyed and embarrassed when I ask how they store their over 3000 figures, or if they have <insert obscure figure/Lucky Draw>, or who their favorite G1 character is.... :lol 

Things that grind my gears:
    1) People who don't like an aspect of the franchise and go into *every single thread about it* to spout their hatred in immature and classless ways, especially in threads where there are going to be people mourning that very aspect.

2) Simon Furman. I've heard a few things about his attitude toward women, including apparent surprise that we're capable of writing (expressed directly to a female friend of mine), that makes me almost want to give my right ovary to see him say such things in front of Donna Barr and other female comic creators. Or JK Rowling, Mercedes Lackey, etc. - all the female writers who've been far more successful than he has. That and his current writing really bores me.

3) Well, I had a third one...but all my bitching made me forget! :lol 

--Moony

18. newguy

newguy i

TFTM Bumblebee fans Ex. Girl gives me an email telling me how she loves transformers sooo much because of how cute BB is. basicaly New Movie Fans in general.

Well pretty much every thing that has been said indeed also irks me.

I find it quite iritable when i go to the store, but i can't get the TF I want because some lady is on the phone with her kid asking which Transforming guy he wants. Meanwhile she has her cart in the way that only has some bags of bread in it. When she finaly leaves all the TFs are missplaced and some boxes and glitter on them WTF!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

19. ThaConqueror

ThaConqueror Rock! Robot Rock!

1)Shitty Australian prices

2)Shitty Australian distribution

3)Too many Autobots (must be even!)

4)Did I mention the shitty Australian prices?

20. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    People bitching about people bitching

Also when you defend or explain a decision Hasbro makes your called a slave or some other insult.

People who confuse quality control, with design flaws, or cost cutting measures.