What got you into Transformers?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Ratchets Hatch, Feb 24, 2012.

1. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    The original cartoon, comics, and toys. Mostly the cartoon, since I didn't have a lot of money for the toys at the time.

2. doomiscool

doomiscool Decepticon Medium

News Credits:
    When I was quite young, my sisters watched Beast Wars and had a load of the toys, but I didn't really care for it until my sister convinced me years later to watch Transformers: Animated. Since then I've been watching loads of the older stuff and enjoying all the new ^_^

3. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Started with G1 and I got back into with the movies.

4. Nope

Nope yscohb

News Credits:
    BW Scarem

5. Squall42080

Squall42080 Autobot RSX Type-S

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I grew up with Transformers as a kid...but right about when I turned 14, my family and I moved from New York to Pennsylvania, and my parents assumed I would have no need for toys.

Grant it, at that age, I really wasn't into them, but I wish they would have asked.

They were all thrown into a box marked "FREE" and placed outside our old home.

Of course, when we were moving in, I asked where my stuff was, and my parents explained. I was so mad, that they were willing to drive back to NY in the hopes that they were still there. They were not.

My wife found out the story, and when Transformers Armada restored Transformers to their rightful place in the toy kingdom of the world, she bought me a Deluxe Supercon Optimus Prime. Needless to say, I collected the whole line, and everything afterwards.

I've re-purchased some of my G1 stuff, and even restored my original Fortress Maximus, which was found to have been in the possession of a relative.

6. Koolimus Prime

Koolimus Prime Weapons Expert

I bought a few ROTF FABs 3 years ago. Been hooked ever since.

7. StacyGrsley

StacyGrsley Banned

I hated boy shows when i was little, but i went to a school for 3rd grade one year and the "in thing" was Transformers Cybertron, and got hooked on it for 7 years now.
    :) 

8. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My Mom. She used to babysit my cousins who were into Transformers before I was born and she past on the love to me.

9. EmbraceThePurpl

EmbraceThePurpl Raisin man

I got started on Armada. I loved that tv show as a kid and still do now. I REALLY got into transformers around cybertron...

ARMADA KICKS ASS!!!!!

10. Bumblebee765

Bumblebee765 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The Live-Action Films.

11. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    BEAST WARS.

Because that's how you're supposed to say it.

12. jazzgirl84

jazzgirl84 Mini-bot

Saw the first episode of G1 and instantly loved Optimus and Jazz. I loved the personalities and the cool cars, and I loved that huge robots were fighting!!(I was and am such a tomboy!) Just watching them transform was so cool, still is!

13. JazzHunter83

JazzHunter83 Mrs FatalT

G1 for me.

the crazy thing is that I am not really a tomboy or into male gendered things really. My bedroom growing up was pink and fluffy, lol. My house now is filled with pretty elephants and angels with beady things hanging up around the place - my bedspread is purple with butterflies and I have matching curtains :)  I have fairy pictures on the walls in my bathroom. At 13 I was obsessed with the Spice Girls also *shrug*. I had long hair, I wore skirts and shoes with glittery bits on them etc. Something about Transformers had me hooked though.

I think it was the characters more than anything else. Not the fighting or the comic relief or the fact they transformed into vehicles but the fact that they had such great characters with unique personalities.

I now LOVE cars and sometimes I wonder if Transformers did not nurture that love? I am still quite girly though. I just happen to like Transformers :D 

14. pitt55

pitt55 Well-Known Member

i love you ;]

15. AMG

AMG Old School

The cartoon back in 1984.

16. Reaper Cloud

Reaper Cloud Dark Wrecker

News Credits:
    Originally it was the G1 cartoon that started it all. I watched up to Season two and then stopped. I also had many of the toys, but don't have them now. I have the complete set on DVD.

Beast Wars got me interested once again, but only in the cartoon. I had no interest to own any of the toys. I have them on DVD, but only the first two seasons. When it changed to "Machines," I stopped watching after one episode.

Prime brought me back into the cartoon and the toys. Not sure why, but this cartoon really does a good job with its story telling/voice acting/animation. The toys are also much more complex compared to the original G1 figures. Although Hasbro really messed up with the First Editions, but we all know that by now.

For the movies, I remember watching the '86 movie on TV one Saturday afternoon, perhaps in the late 80's. It was around the same year that I saw the G.I. Joe animated movie on TV as well (also on a Saturday afternoon). I've watched the first live action movie and that was enough. I have no desire to watch the other two.

17. TFormerfan

TFormerfan Maximal

Beast Wars!!

18. Wreck n rule

Wreck n rule Well-Known Member

I actually got into the franchise by wandering through Reny's. Saw a TF, RID Wedge I still have him, and had my mom get it. Not long after, I saw an episode of Armada. Amusingly though, I started out primarily with G1 despite the fact that I wasn't even alive for it. My local movie rental place had G1 seasons 1 and 2.

19. Transquito

Transquito Reach For The Light

Energon

*puts on flamesuit*

20. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    my uncle's toys + the G1 movie when I was a little kid