What got you into transformers?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by ActionMasterZod, May 27, 2007.

1. ActionMasterZod

ActionMasterZod LarzArz on twitter, man.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What got you into collecting?

For me:

I was about four of five and my brother took me to chuck -e- cheeses (beleve thats how you spell it). And I saw this think at the counter where you get the prizes. The thing I saw was a cool looking fourmula 1 car. And I really wanted it, so I played a few games and I never got enough tickets for it. And my brother knew I wanted it really bad so he bought it for me (it was only like 3 dollars). So when I got out side and walked to the car I started fiddeling with it and a peice fell off and i thought it broke but then I showed my brother and he held it for a second or two and he gave it back to me as a robot. When he did this I thought it was so cool that it went from a car to a robot. I played with that for a long time until I think it eventually broke. I was really sad because it was my favorite toy, (this was before I knew there was an entire line of figures like this). So I asked my mom to take me to the toy store, where I got my first transformer, Machine Wars Starscream. I played with him for a while and kinda forgot about him for a while. Then by 2000 when RID came around my mom rememberd that I liked these things called transformers and my mom had a freind at the local toy store, and one day she called my mom and said that they have these things in called Transformers Robots In Disguise so my mom took me to the toy store and told me that I could get one. I got one of the rail gestalt guys and I brought him home and ripped open his pagaging and played with him for so long.

Thats how I got into transformers through a chuck -e- cheeses' knock off.

2. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

I don't remember how. I was 3 when I got my first.

That's like 23 years ago.

3. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    A Gift when i was 9.

4. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Seeing a TV commercial back in 1984 and thinking "I want some of those! :D " even though I misheard OP's name as 'Octopus Climb'. When I saw a friend who lives a few doors away later that day he saw the same ad as me and was equally fascinated. At Christmas I got Thundercracker and the rest is history. :) 

5. Morku

Morku Decepticon Loyalist

I got in when Beast wars was around cause i remember getting a BW Scorponok and was blown away by the concept then from there i became more and more interested in TransFormers.

6. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    A G1 TV episode.

7. Metal Maverick

Metal Maverick Well-Known Member

I was 3 when G1 came out, so although I did get a fair number of toys (none of which I still have, and I still kick myself for it), I never collected them. Even when Beast Wars came out I didn't. Loved the show, but the toys didn't appeal to me.

Surprisingly enough, Armada got me collecting. Kinda wish I caught the bug back at RID though, when there were better toys available. However, the reissues were out at least so I picked up those. In the last several years I've picked up at least four dozen figures from various lines, with good old Masterpeice Prime standing tall over them all. :D 

8. Mumble-bee

Mumble-bee inveterate lurker

I got a reprint 3-pack of some of the early comics, about a year after they'd originally been out.

9. Backpack

Backpack Scattershot who?

The G1 Rumble figure.

When TFs first hit the TV in commercial form... I thought they were stupid. If only because I saw them as Go-bots, or rather a rip-off of Go-bots. So I didn't pay that much attention to it. Until my best friend at the time wanted to buy a pack of tapes. We each had $3... and he pretty much made me go in on buying Rumble and Ravage. We each got a figure. He got Ravage, and I got Rumble. I found it to be so cool, the next day I raided my meager savings and bought Soundwave.

I had a nice little collection going when the MTMTE Mini-series aired. The first episode I caught was EP 2. I went freaken nuts!

10. 1UpCheatachu

1UpCheatachu Lemony Fresh TFW2005 Supporter

I can't remember how I got in to Beast Wars, or, later on, Armada. I do, however, remember how I got in to it again.

We were at Costco and my brother saw the Transformers Movie DVD. He wanted to get it. I kept telling him that Transformers were stupid, etc, but he got it anyway. When we watched it, I loved it. The End!

11. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

Getting G1 Optimus Prime when I was 9.

I loved toy cars/trucks as a kid, I loved toy robots when I was a kid, toy cars/trucks that tuned into robots = the coolest thing in the world.

12. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    My parents buying me Prowl when i was 3

13. omega ranger

omega ranger Well-Known Member

I loved Power Rangers, and the zords. Once I saw TF's I thought it was a zord, and i found out it was a TF, I loved them and continued buying more of them.

14. MACRAPTRON

MACRAPTRON Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A Combatron giftset that my grandparents brought to me from their trip to Japan back in 1988. Until that I was a Gobots fan and thought Transformers sucked - Gobots were easy to find in brazil, some cool ones, while all we had here was the stupid minicars (Bumblebee and gang). The Combaticons changed that, fortunately.

15. Draco Prime

Draco Prime Autobot

Watching the G1 cartoon and getting a G1 Optimus Prime and a G1 Soundwave when i was little. Those were the days(Begin flash back,haha)

16. Blunticon

Blunticon The Oddjob

Growing up in the 80's of cource. My first Transformers was Prowl. I mean if you were in the kid in the 80's you were into Transformers.

17. Magelite

Magelite I make stupid look good

Either renting out the movie or getting G2 and Laser Rod Prime for christmas. I forget which came first.

18. ActionMasterZod

ActionMasterZod LarzArz on twitter, man.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I knd of started out that way too, it may be why I love combiners so much.

19. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I have always been an animal lover and when I was in middle school, I was flipping through the channels and I saw this awesome 3d cheetah walking through the jungle and I decided to watch the episode and see what it was. I just fell in love with Beast Wars. I didn't know too much about G1 only what I learned from Beast Wars, then I decided to watched the TF movie and I loved that! So I watch all of G1.

20. Star Sabre James

Star Sabre James <b>The JUICE</b> TFW2005 Supporter

If I remember correctly, it was Windcharger back in the day.