What goes good with the MP's?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by AnAutobot1985, Jul 18, 2012.

1. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    MP-01 & MP-05 looked pretty decent with Alternators and the original MP Seekers.

Beyond that, I don't think anything else properly matches. Specifically from MP-08 Grimlock onward.

2. Optimus Bruce

Optimus Bruce Human Germ

Yours is another collection I like to admire, and often! :thumbs2: 

Silverstreak, Jazz and Prowl look good and those are the molds I most mull over on the bot side of things. The look of the rest of the Alt/BT line just isn't geeeeewun enough for me to put them in somewhere with the rest of the MP's.

I think it is most stark when you put MP's with G1s, Soundwave and his cassettes lack that MP sparkle for me with the limited possibility and engineering, even with the super cool paint jobs. I even sort of stash my Encore Devy and WST Dinobots into a corner so as not to distract to much from the MP's (Flashes look across room...Damn that dressed Devy looks good!)

Tigerblade has a sweet custom Shockwave in his collection, and I think I could find a home for one of those to display if ever he was to offer one up but that would probably be as far as I went "outside" of the MP line for actual display.

3. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Cheers man, version 2 should be taking a bow in the not too distant future ;) 

4. DPrime

DPrime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Personally, I think Alts/Binaltech are too small.

Well, let me be clear. They look GREAT with MP-01/20th Anniversary Optimus and MP Megatron. But the new scale established with the Seekers, Grimlock, etc? Not so much.

I bought Faith Leader to go with Grimlock and the Seekers, and I find that a lot of the Classics-style Autobots work really well with them, scale-wise. My display includes Henkei Prowl, Bluestreak, Smokescreen, Inferno, Sunstreaker and Hound, along with United Tracks, Bumblebee (Goldbug now) and Grapple... and Generations Wheeljack, etc... There's a few others I can't think of right now since I'm away from home but you get the picture. iGear's Ratchet and Ironhide will join the crew eventually, too. :) 

So all those work well, imo. As others have stated, Herc and the FP Insecticons look great too.

I think Hegemon is too small. He'd work best for those who like the Deluxe-sized Seekers and what not.

Leg extenders? Where does one get those? :) 

5. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    You forgot Hound. He is a really good representation. I agree that Sideswipe, sunstreaker, Wheeljack don't look right.

G1 works with a couple of upgrades, kinda.

6. Optimus Bruce

Optimus Bruce Human Germ

Kind of included him in the "rest of Alts/BTs" line :wink: 

It's the feet and the doors which weren't there in geeeeewun, but mostly its his feet that does it for me. To me they just don't look like "feet".

He's definitely close though, but no cigar from me.....yet! :D 

7. TigerBlade

News Credits:
    Facebook:
  8. bulletthebluesky

bulletthebluesky Mmmm... Beer

^Seeing this picture, and then checking out your collection thread, I had to go get the oversized KO PE Scouting Force. Thanks ALOT! Now I need to explain another purchase to my wife! :lol  I'll probably try to repaint them from their neon colors, but I doubt I'd go as far with it as you did (I've never really tried custom work) any tippy tips?

9. jay724

jay724 Well-Known Member

Sorry to hijack the thread guys, but I'm a little late in the MP game does anyone know how to do the hip kibble mod on the MP seekers?

10. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    Amateur.

MP's go good with red wine.

11. Raiju

Raiju Navel Shocker Veteran

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    Fava beans and a nice chianti.

For me it's iGear's Coneheads, TFC Hercules, DOTM Vortex, G1 Encore Big Mission Cassettecons, iGear Mini Warriors, iGear PP01 Faith Leader, FP G3 trailer (as OP's repair station), MP Grimlock, FP City Commander (when he's not chilling with the Deluxe Wreckers in a separate display), certain legends figures (like Bumblebee or Cliffjumper), and Henkei/United Deluxes/Voyagers (sprinkled with TFCC Runabout/Runamuck and other oddities like TFTM Fracture and United Windcharger/Wipeout).

12. TigerBlade

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    lol they are an awesome base for a proper MP Reflector and probably the easiest to cut your teeth with on a heavy scratch. If you wanna go the whole hog you'll need 3 RTS Jazz's too and that'll give him added waist articualtion and a ball jointed head and just take your time.....even just swapping the arms over makes a massive difference (and that's as simple as popping the chunky square stock arms off, sanding the ball joint a bit and popping Jazz's arms on - thanks to Optimus Timelord on that one!). If your just going for a simple repaint I use this stuff:

Decorative spray paints from Plasti-kote, the market leading spray paint

for Relector I used Blue Lilac but his G1 cartoon appearances differ so much Rustic Blue Satin would probably work too.

If you wanna go the whole hog hit me up on PM and I'll give as much advice as I can :thumb 

13. CVprowl

CVprowl Done

14. strangeguy32000

strangeguy32000 Well-Known Member

Generation 1 Jetfire looks appropriately-sized among Masterpiece figures (He's about a quarter inch shorter than Masterpiece Hot Rod even if he is difficult to get a hold of for a decent price )

15. scubaboy31

scubaboy31 Digital Gypsy

News Credits:
    No classics. No 3rd party. some alts at a stretch (tracks, hound, silverstreak)

16. webz

webz Banned

Ebay:
    My battle damage MP prime and Walmart Starscream are displayed with MOTUC He-Man, Skeletor, and Battlecat. When I get Sideswipe/Lambor and Soundwave in December, as well as Toys R Us MP10 & Thundercracker, I'll have to put thought into the display arrangements... If/when they make a retooled and properly scaled MP Megatron 2.0, I'll display them as an homage to the 1986 movie, with Prime charging the row of Decepticons, with He-Man, Sideswipe, et al, staring from the sidelines in total amazement... might even put together a small soundboard that plays "You got the Touch!" just to get that authentic feel LOL